Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl — Yes, the bird app is great! I showed my son during dinner last night and he was impressed by it, too. Both my sons used a plant identifying app as part of their school classes, which they both enjoyed, but he especially liked the recording feature that recognized the various bird calls/songs.

I’ve decided to buy some soccer socks with extra arch support and padding. Thanks for the suggestions on exercises, shoes, and other ideas!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Thanks @LaurieWrobo! Happy summer to you, too! Today was a HOT day 🥵 but I like the longer days. Some people are rowing together tonight to enjoy the summer solstice. I don’t pay dues to that group anymore do I couldn’t join them, but I thought it was a good idea.

Nice post of encouragement @Cyncia85!

I appreciate our Shape Shifters moderators, motivators, and active members! 🙏🏼
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @Pupowl - A surprise morning visit from the energy auditors would stress me out, too! I’m working on getting rid of household clutter but it’s been a slow process, and sometimes the rooms look worse while I’m making them better — sorting can be a messy phase of the improvement process for me! 😬 I’m sure they’ve seen all kinds of households and don’t care much, but I’d want a little advanced notice to prepare! Anyway, you seemed to handle it well! 👏👏👏 — good for you! 👍🏼

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Steps below:

Wed:7803
    Thur: 6893

Friday weigh-in ???

Please move me to stand-by for now, will explain later. Thanks!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 - I hope everything is going well with your trip — sending positive vibes your way!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW: 211.6
    CW: 210.8

We had a heat wave this week, so it was tough getting outdoor exercise in. I did an indoor bike and rowing workout yesterday, but I much prefer to be outside!

@PatriceFitnessPal plantar fasciitis is no fun! I second the recommendation to find some arch supports for your shoes. The Dr. Scholl's PF relief shoe inserts really helped me through it and I think have helped prevent recurrence of it. I have them in nearly all of my shoes now.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Happy 1st Day of Summer ☀️
    zithc5oh2te3.jpg

That's a cute outfit! Happy Summer!
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello, Shape Shifters! I have been on the ‘support’ list since May 9th because I was traveling. It feels good to be back home! Here’s my weekly weigh-in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    PW: 147.5
    CW: 147.7

SW: 168
    Ltd: 20.3

While I was traveling, I didn’t have as many opportunities to exercise as I do during my usual routine. So, I’m not disappointed by the small gain since my last weigh-in — six weeks ago. I’ve rededicated myself to cooking more meals at home, and exercising more. Let’s hope it makes a difference! Go Shape Shifters!

I'm confident it will make a difference! Welcome home! :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,246 Member
    edited June 21
    Options
    Good morning!

Steps below:

Wed:7803
    Thur: 6893

Friday weigh-in ???

Please move me to stand-by for now, will explain later. Thanks!

@daffygirl88 I excused you for the next two weeks until I know more. Hope all is ok and that you're well. Take care!
    Jessica
    cc: @pupowl
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,469 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    June week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday, June 21
    PW: 254.0
    CW: 254.8 (↑0.8 lbs; 0.31%)
    This month's LTD: (↑0.6 lbs; 0.24%)
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    f1e6ruu8baic.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,246 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    Cyncia85 weigh in for June 19th

PW = 201
    CW = 199.8

Hundo club by 0.2
    :smile: I'll take it! Let's keep that first number a 1

@Cyncia85

z9nsfntehkrn.jpg
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Sunday, Jun 16th
    PW: 170.8
    CW: 170.8
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ganival
    friday

pw 182.4
    cw 182.2

Two weeks of consistent food tracking so happy about that. Hoping it all equates to some losses soon and I'm not hanging out in a maintenance zone because it hasn't been easy. My goal is to make it to the end of the weekend without a major derail. Happy start of summer!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl I didn’t want to leave your post unanswered.
    I struggle a lot sometimes and find it hard to make good/proper choices.
    Do you think you might be struggling to find a sense of “purpose” I find trying to sort out these big things sometimes helps. I feel I lack this sense of purpose often.
    Are there any small community groups you can join near you? I don’t like large groups of people, or lots of social interactions. They tire me out. I found a small food bank and I help them pack bags of dry goods on Thursday mornings. It’s not busy or crowded and I don’t have to worry about interacting “wrong” with anyone.
    Maybe there is something small like that you would be comfortable with.