Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl
    I want to make sure I make it clear that I don’t think you lack purpose. I see lots of purpose in your life. You have your cat, nature photography, a much appreciated contribution here through your posts and admin work , the daily card you post for us. The birds you care for, your garden and of course your relationship with your parents.
    It feel it’s hard for us as individuals to see our purpose.
    I like my Thursdays food bank because if I can’t go it’s ok. No one is going to be upset with me.

I feel an online thing is a wonderful option. I don’t want to make it seem like I don’t understand the difficulties of your situation. Doing everything you do while dealing with chronic health issues is a major accomplishment.
    I don’t communicate well and tend to be overly blunt without enough context. Or “fluff” as I put it in my head. I hope I didn’t offend you.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,356 Member
    edited June 22
    Options
    Beautiful pictures @Pupowl! I love the way the deer is framed among the wildflowers.

I like the idea of a drop in choir or volunteer gig based on reading recent comments. I have a friend who used to volunteer at a local elementary school but she likes camping and also visiting her adult children who live abroad, so she had to stop. Her daughter lives in New Zealand and her son is married to a diplomat who works for the Department of State and moves to various locations every few years. So, when she travels, it’s usually for a few weeks or months. We’ve talked about sharing a volunteer role so we can cover for one another. Of course, the students need a consistent routine but maybe the solution is to over-populate the group a bit since we know that only about 1-5 percent of members form the core leadership, and 10-20 percent are regularly active, the remaining members can rotate in —

More groups with less structure can work as long as we clearly articulate the expectations and structure the activities in a way that makes it easier to adjust based on the number of people who show up.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,246 Member
    Options
    The June Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, June 23rd. Join us for the Climb the Ladder to Lose Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10918597/june-week-4-group-challenge-climb-the-ladder-to-lose-challenge#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited June 22
    Options
    a9kbgcdtgz9r.png
    I challenge my Shape Shifter's team members to join me this week for the June Week 4 Group Challenge. That's right...I DARE YOU ALL!!!! Join us for a little extra motivation!!! Be there, or BE SQUARE!!! LOL!

Would love to see you in the chat thread...link is just above this post!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Tomsgal1985
    Weekly Post
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Highest weight: 239.8
    PW (Previous Weight): 229.0
    CW (Current Weight): 227.0
    I’m so thankful for this active group, and I enjoy reading your posts! But I feel like I’m a drain on the team since I’m not posting much and haven’t been meeting my goals and should move on for now. I do have accountability and stay in touch with least 2 online friends, so I am not giving up!! Thank you for your kind support, everyone! 🥰🤗🙏🏻☀️👋🏻

Just wanted to chime in here. There is nothing wrong with mostly lurking! There are plenty of people who only come here for the weigh in/steps. If you enjoy reading along and get something out of the group, even with just the weigh in, then do stick around!
    Thank you, Pupowl! 🥰

• Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    lzrx1cobb6js.jpeg
    Saturday Steps 😊
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW No worries at all, I wasn't offended and you weren't blunt. Guess I wasn't very clear either. I never considered that you thought I had no purpose! It was a good suggestion since it is a struggle for a lot of people. The things about my cat etc are true, but they feel small to me. I have a hard time putting things in perspective and not comparing myself to other (healthy) people. Some days I feel quite proud of what I have done, and some days I feel silly for it since it is so little compared to what most people do in a day. Thank you for the kind words!
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Weigh in gharvey2753

Previous 177.6ibs
    Current 176ibs

Meal prepped again makes it much easier to stick to the correct calories. Was out for dinner once also. 3 weeks to holiday ill aim for under 170 in 3 weeks. Continuing gym during the week and increasing steps/ cardio. Have a good week.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Missing a bunch of weigh ins this week. Please check in asap.
    @babytis
    @cre804
    @partyof7
    @tatilove1988
    @alleykat69
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    So many good looking posts I need to go back and read when I have a minute!!

Saturday steps

Definitely going to increase those today!!
    Have a great day everyone!!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,469 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Thu 6/20: 10,873
    Fri 6/21: 10,928
    Sat 6/22: 10,324
  • Pupowl
    edited June 23
    Options
    The daily card:
    5dx38bam2dva.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo The mountains are so pretty...I hear you about the heat...and it sucks all your energy too! Makes it easier to drink our water (although that's REALLY looking for a bright side)! Thanks for sharing the picture...

Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo The mountains are so pretty...I hear you about the heat...and it sucks all your energy too! Makes it easier to drink our water (although that's REALLY looking for a bright side)! Thanks for sharing the picture...

Jessica

Yeah I hydrated with a peach wine slushie at the vineyard- haha😊
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    wf1l58q3ypmw.png
    1uuv4704cbl4.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ywhdeg0vf6o7.png

By Pounds
    vn0powebhb63.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    jip5dcduwhr1.png

By Pounds
    928gdufqth3w.png

Team Winners
    yo00q3wqp5um.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    vvro3awp91ap.png

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options

Jessica

Yeah I hydrated with a peach wine slushie at the vineyard- haha😊

@LaurieWrobo That's my kind of hydration!! 🍷🍹
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    gspbjhg91y13.jpg
    CONGRATS to this week's winners and honorable mentions!!! WTG Shape Shifters!!
    Jessica