Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2024

Options

Replies

• ganival
    ganival Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl That sounds like a challenging day but you handled it really well! Pushing through despite the headache and resisting those tempting items at the store is a big achievement, you're doing awesome!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Way to go @jessicakrall8! That's fantastic!!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 That is awesome, congrats! I noticed you had several high step days last month, very impressive. Now go take care of that poor knee. <3
    @ganival Thank you for the encouragement, I really appreciate it!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all:

Want you to all celebrate with me...NSV announcement, I won a health/fitness contest today out of 30+ participants for most steps from Jun 1 to Jul 1...366,928 steps!! WOOHOOOooooo!! YAYyyyy Meeeee!!!! I'm so proud of myself because trust when I tell you there were a few stiff knee days when I wanted to quit!

Jessica :smiley:

Congratulations!!!!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Steps 🚶‍♀️
    Tue 7/2 7126
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In:
    PW: 165.1
    CW: 165.8
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Steps
    6/30 6,967
    7/1 5,820
    7/2 6,379
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    @Pupowl - keep being positive - maybe do some meditations to help - great job on choosing healthier options!!

@jessicakrall8 congrats on winning!!🎉🎉🎉
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,362 Member
    edited July 3
    Options
    @frankwbrown - Great work! I’ll accept your challenge now that I have a Garmin watch that I really need to use for more than telling the time and occasionally monitoring my sleep! Here’s what I’ll commit to:

-Active July: Record 20 activities of at least 20 minutes each (this one's easy peasy)
    -July Time to Walk: Record 15 hours of walking (averaging ~½ hour/day)
    -July Gains: Record four hours of strength activities
    -July Warrior: Record 4 hours of yoga activities

I’ve enjoyed reading the team member introductions. So many of your stories and goals resonate with me. @ganival - I’m really hoping to change my relationship with food, too. Pupowl - I like your plan to incorporate more positiver self-talk into your day. Good work “… lean[ing] into how good it feels to make it out of the store with only the things on [your] list”! It’s definitely rewarding to overcome difficult things. I think it’s supposed to get easier with practice so I’m going to reach deep to find the courage I need to face new challenges — let’s keep building momentum and generate that upward spiral!

Congratulations @jessicakrall8 — fantastic NSV!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Wednesday ~ July 03
    [ Sleep 8+ hours ] ~ :star: 8h 20m / 81 score
    [ Naturewalk ] ~ :star: 57 minutes
    [ <1400 cal ] ~ :star: 1285
    Musings of the day:
    A bit of a shorter walk today. I was really hot and I just felt like a bag of potatoes; it was a slog! I got it done though which is the important part. I biked to the grocery store right after. I had carrots, toilet paper, bananas and burrito's on my list and that is exactly what I came home with. Victory!
    When I was out in the front garden with Tinus, my neighbour from across the street come home. She had her arms full with a bag, a package and a baby. As she was walking to her front door she moved out of my sight because of some bushes. Shortly after I heard a loud bang and then the baby started crying very loudly. That kicked up my heartrate for sure; I thought she had dropped the child at first! I looked over and saw them both on the ground with her struggling to sit up. I tied Tinus' leash to my metal bench and ran over. Another girl was home and she also noticed something was wrong and came outside. Thankfully the baby was fine and just crying from shock. There was an uneven part in the stone walkway, she stepped on the edge, rolled her ankle and landed on her shoulder really hard plus she was dizzy. She could still move her arm and rotate it, so I don't think it was anything serious. I stayed for a while, but since she also had a friend with her and I couldn't do anything, it felt a little awkward after a while. So I asked if she needed anything, she said no and I went back to my garden and Tinus, who thankfully was still patiently sitting where he was when I ran off. They went inside a few minutes later so hopefully everything was good.
    The rest of the day was a lot less eventful thankfully! I got the long carpet for Tinus delivered. I am so happy I bought this one and returned the other one, though I don't understand how it was so cheap. It is 3.5 meters long so he can now run all over the hallway without slipping. I love it! It started raining at the end of the morning and it kept going most of the day, so it was pretty quiet with lots of tea and some laptime for Tinus.
    My hunger today wasn't bad at all which was nice. I was feeling a little lazy from all the sitting inside because of the rain so I figured I would try this short 10 minute walking with weights workout. I used my small 2.2 lbs weights and boy was I wrong thinking it would be easy. My arms turned into wet noodles and I had to ditch the weights entirely for some movements. It was fun and it did feel very fast though, so I might do this more often when I feel bored/lazy. Have a good day everyone <3
    t7sz4f5kfwvy.jpg
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @jessicakrall8 !!!
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Cyncia85 weigh-in for Wed July 3rd

PW=198.4
    CW=197.4
  • Cyncia85
    edited July 3
    Options

nxc3eeiynzxi.png

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh-In

PW: 215.6
    CW: 217.1
    LTD: 35.5 lbs
  • TashieB24
    TashieB24 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 4
    Options
    TashieB24
    Thursday Weigh-in
    PW: 198.63 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 198.41 lbs (current weight)

Please also add me to the step challenge. Target is 8000 steps per day.
    02/07: 9695
    03/07: 7206

My favourite place to walk is all over the Lake district in England with my 2 dogs. Sadly I seem to spend more time stomping pavements between work and the trainstation.
    Thank you 😊

• Pupowl
    Options
    @TashieB24 I got you added for the step challenge. Please also give us your steps for 30/06 and 01/07 if you have them since that is when we started for July, thanks! Sounds like you have a lovely place to walk.
  • TashieB24
    TashieB24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ooh... wasn't wearing step tracker on those days, but it would have been minimal. Say maybe 2000 🙈
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @Pupowl - It’s a good thing you were there to help your neighbor and I’m glad she didn’t seem to get injured too seriously by her fall. It sounds as though it was reassuring to the baby and helpful to your neighbor to have you there! 😅

Go steppers! It looks like many Shape Shifters are committed to walking and tracking steps this month.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters! This is my weekly weigh in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 147.7
    CW: 147.3

SW: 168
    LtD: 20.7

I hope you all have a great week. If you are in the USA, enjoy the holiday!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh-In
    User: kcpond

PW: 232.8
    CW: 234.6