New Group to inspire, help people using tirzepatide or semaglutide & other soon to be released

mrrick51
mrrick51 Posts: 20 Member
edited March 15 in Social Groups
Join today! Lets have this group for our own unique issues ( actually the same weight loss issue) while getting the help of the newer weight loss drugs. Don't be "Ozempic shamed" just because you are availing your self of a little or ALOT of Medical help!

Replies

• mrrick51
    Eli Lilly just got a new tirzepatide drug, Zepbound, approved for weightloss use. It is apparently the same or similar to Mounjaro which was approved for Diabetes use, but has excellant weight loss effects. This should help alleviate the Mounjaro shortages.
  • ESL2009
    ESL2009 Posts: 2 Member
    I just got approved for Zepbound, though I haven't started yet. I spent the last holiday week closely looking at foods to determine new meal combos that amp up my protein intake, but keep me in my ultimate calorie goal range 1200-1300. I've also added in a protein drink recommended by my practioner. Holiday week calorie ranges were much better than in the past, but above where I need to be. I'm hoping to drop 25 lbs to my initial GW. When successful, UGW is another 10 after that if that seems wise.
  • Patricehm16
    Patricehm16 Posts: 67 Member
    Is this group still active? Is there an active group for MJ or Zepbound users? Thanks
  • spacedog715
    spacedog715 Posts: 3 Member
    I just started looking, but not so familiar with the community stuff yet. Been on Zep since beginning of January, and down 21 lbs as of today.
  • jas0441
    jas0441 Posts: 13 Member
    There is another group here for glp1 users, search for it in Groups. I just started yesterday
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,504 Member
    mrrick51 wrote: »
    Join today! Lets have this group for our own unique issues ( actually the same weight loss issue) while getting the help of the newer weight loss drugs. Don't be "Ozempic shamed" just because you are availing your self of a little or ALOT of Medical help!
    Rick, are you still posting here?

• BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited July 31
    mrrick51 wrote: »
    Rick, are you still posting here?

Hi Chris, last post I saw by @mrrick was end of May, and he was 3 lbs from his goal weight!
  • Ilene1616
    Ilene1616 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, I’m back again!! I left because I couldn’t find Mounjaro and my doctor put me on Ozempic. I didn’t like it at all so I’m back on Monero yay and in one month I lost 6 pounds. I’m not one of those that the weight falls off of me. I keep my calories between 1000 and 1200 my protein at 50% carbs 25% fat 25% it seems to work for me. My exercise is walking. I do it for the six times a week and I work three days a week so I walk around a lot there. I am not hungry. it’s such a beautiful thing all that food chatter is literally gone. Right now I am on 7.5 mg and because I was on this before my doctor is bumping me up to 15 mg starting on Thursday. I am so excited for that because he said you get The most success while being on 15 mg. I use ChatGPT for recipes and give them my macros easy Peezy if you don’t understand what I’m talking about just ask I’m happy to help.
  • theshoreline
    theshoreline Posts: 1 Member
    Woohoo! Tonight will be my FIRST injection of the compound! I marinated on th decision for 2 months and finally pulled the trigger. I'm starting, as of today, at 227lb. First goal is 175lbs. I am Type 2 diabetic but have managed to get off one of my meds. Managing with metformin now. Hoping to be able to eliminate that, too!

I have gotten some grimaces when I mention that it's the compound but, being uninsured, not much of a choice. I would be curious to know if anyone thinks it's less effective?
  • deewip
    deewip Posts: 19 Member
    @theshoreline
    I have been on compounded wegovy since February and I’m down 30 lbs. it’s been gradual and steady. I can’t really compare it to the actual wegovy because my insurance does not cover it. But from what I read I think it is working the same and so I am happy with it. Plus I have also read that some are occasionally having problems with glp-1’s in stock at their pharmacies so I know that won’t be a problem with the compound pharmacy
  • mrrick51
    Everyone, I hit my goal, down roughly 55 lbs at end of may, solidly, meaning any fluctuations don't go above 196 lbs. I've been tapering down on 7.5 instead of 12.5. After my month long vacation in October, mostly on a trans atlantic cruise I will be going to 5 till January or Feburary. So far I'm not trying to eat everything under the sun. I hope to keep it that way. We are eating Factor meals. They are very tasty and balenced at less than 650 carbs. Often my wife and I split one. If you have any desire to try them use this discount code, "https://www.factor75.com/plans?c=HS-4U55FBHX7&discount_comm_id=cd2585e3-0672-4633-90a6-64f6883222a3&plans_ab=true&utm_campaign=clipboard&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=raf-share-hpt .Give your friends up to $150 off and get $40 when they place their first order. It’s on us and they can cancel anytime. Thankis, Rick
  • JREmore
    JREmore Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 7
    Hello all! New to this group and also on my Weight loss journey with the support of tirzepatide compound which have been great. Today I started my first does of 7.5 and since starting I'm down 20lbs in 8 weeks. I'm currently working out 4 days a week with resistance training and at least 30 mins of cardio everyday. Looking to add more friends for motivation so please feel free to add me.
  • mrrick51
    Welcome JRE
  • deewip
    deewip Posts: 19 Member
    I have exciting news! I have been taking compounded Wegovy for 8 months and have lost 33 lbs. Just got the results for bloodwork and my triglycerides went from 227 down to 127! I have never had it this low ever! And I am not even to my goal weight. I am definitely getting healthier.