Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

👋 Introductions: Please Say Hello and Help Us Get To Know You! 👋

Replies

• EclipsedAgain
    EclipsedAgain Posts: 4,342 Member
    What do you like to be called? Trish

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges?
    From people I knew on Spark, @Dianedoessmiles1

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Maybe 12?

What do you like to do for fun? Travel, reading, photography and baking.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Eastern Ohio, 45 minutes from Pittsburgh, PA. Small town life!

Do you have a pet? sadly, no

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? As always, lower my A1c, lose weight, eliminate meds.

How would your pet or friend describe you? 🤷🏻‍♀️no clue

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Probably a book.

What is your favorite TV show? I rarely watch tv.

What are your favorite fall activities? Watching football, Halloween & Thanksgiving.

What is your favorite type of exercise? Lifting weights 💪🏽

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, or clean the house? Exercise!

What always cheers you up? My family.

2 fun things about you? I’m a smart a** and love to laugh!

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Moderation, not deprivation!

Anything else you would like to share? No

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? Me and Jack in Jamaica.
    unh7rwibrmaf.jpg

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,817 Member
    Please copy these questions to your post in the comments.

What do you like to be called? Joyce or MFP name is fine Kurtize

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Already a member

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember

What do you like to do for fun? Play computer games and regular games, walk, listen to music and read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. We live in Amarillo TX

Do you have a pet? yes, a King Charles Spaniel named Kayla she is 9 years old

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? to lose about 4 - 5 lbs., build stamina and balance

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, loving

What is the last thing you finished? Reading a book Give it a name if you can. Excepting things you can't change

What is your favorite TV show? Too many to mention

What are your favorite fall activities? Nothing particular

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, or clean the house? exercise

What always cheers you up? funny jokes

2 fun things about you? Good sense of humor, don't take life that seriously

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Just stay on track and do what's best for you

Anything else you would like to share? Nope

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? Don and me Jan 31 2013, his baptism. It was done at home.

05n6t2d0jdmb.jpg
  • shpuniarsky
    shpuniarsky Posts: 231 Member
    What do you like to be called? Heather

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? just in the MFP forum

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2

What do you like to do for fun? read, go to the gym, hang out with friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. i live in Ontario Canada. I'm from Toronto but currently live in a very small town about an hour and a half north east of that called Peterborough

Do you have a pet? no

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? to lose weight and improve my diet

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal, fierce, funny, smart

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. finished Quinn's latest book Briar Club

What is your favorite TV show? not sure i have one, but currently streaming Bad Monkey on Apple

What are your favorite fall activities? walks, fall recipes

What is your favorite type of exercise? spin and weightlifting

What always cheers you up? chatting with friends

2 fun things about you? i love research and writing and i have my PhD

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? consistency is key

Anything else you would like to share? no

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like?
  • 3fabboysx1
    3fabboysx1 Posts: 351 Member

What do you like to be called?
    Dee

On the side bar on MFP under recent forum topics awhile.

How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    Maybe 5.

What do you like to do for fun?
    Drink coffee and visit

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live.
    I live in North Carolina near the Capital which is Raleigh.

Do you have a pet?
    The pets I currently have in my life are the pups, Bandit, Danny, and Champ, the bunnies Twix and Tigger. They all live with my kids. I feel like they wouldn't appreciate me saying I didn't have pets.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    I recently started back stepping with weights. My goal is to still be doing this regularly in January.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    A Hoot

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.
    A swan in dry brush media.

What is your favorite TV show?
    I'm currently watching Outlanders and Big Brother 26.

What are your favorite fall activities?
    Buying boots with my daughter. Two of my favorite tiny humans were born in the fall so I look forward to their birthday party.

What is your favorite type of exercise?
    I'll have to go with walking on the treadmill.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, or clean the house?
    I'm probably not washing the car, unless by washing the car you mean driving to the detail place and tipping them after they wash it.

What always cheers you up?
    babies and puppies. I love kittens too, but I'm allergic so I don't spend time with them too much.

2 fun things about you?
    I get up first thing everyday and climb on the treadmill with my coffee and computer. If there are errors and mistakes in this post understand I just woke up and haven't finished my coffee. I just got back from holiday at the beach.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share?
    How about a joke... My husband walked in upset because had burned the steaks on the grill. I tried to comfort him by saying, "It's OK, we all make mis-steaks sometimes."

Anything else you would like to share?
    I'm less than a month away from logging into MFP for 3650 days.

I think I'm good.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 686 Member

What do you like to be called? Robin

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? MFP Forum

How many 5% Challenges have you done? this is my first one

What do you like to do for fun? Read, play golf, listen to music, spend as much time outdoors as possible, run around after my 2 year old daughter (she keeps me more active at 47 lol)

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in IL, about 40 minutes from St. Louis, MO.

Do you have a pet? Yes, have a rescue dog named Rocky. currently in the process of adopting another.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? To get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. my main goal is to get back into shape to stay healthy and fit so I can be here for my little one.

How would your pet or friend describe you? A kind caring individual who is always smiling and gets along with most everyone. (just don't make her mad) lol

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. a book (Real Hauntings in American)

What is your favorite TV show? The Dukes of Hazzard

What are your favorite fall activities? Bonfires, Hiking, Pumpkin Patches

What is your favorite type of exercise? you tube exercises because there is such a variety you never have to do the same one. I also enjoy Body Electric for strengthening and I love Body Groove (it doesn't feel like working out)

What always cheers you up? my child, my family and my dog

2 fun things about you? 1. I got certified in Scuba diving back in 2011 in Clearwater Florida, it was a beautiful experience. 2. I am like a big kid when it comes to Holidays. I love decorating and joining in the festivities (probably why I do so well with a toddler at my age).

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Never cut something completely out of your diet because eventually you will go back to your old ways. I always say "everything in moderation" is the key.

Anything else you would like to share? just that I look forward to taking part in my first Community Challenge.

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like?[/b][/b]
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 3,290 Member
    What do you like to be called? Cherry

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? I was on Sparkpeople

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since 2014 all

What do you like to do for fun? Playing games on the computer, making recipes healthy, walking 

What major city do you live in or near? State? Sharon Hill, PA.  Tell us a bit about where you live. It is a very quiet neighborhood where I’ve lived since I was 11month old minus 3yrs. Live 8 minutes from PHL airport

Do you have a pet? Bella a cat

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? To lose some weight I’ve been on a plateau for 2yrs!!!!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Bella very loveable owner. Friends I would do anything for them as I do 

What is the last thing you finished? Nothing to talk about

What is your favorite TV show? bunch

What are your favorite fall activities? Walking

What is your favorite type of exercise? walking

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, or clean the house? Exercise

What always cheers you up? Talking to family, friends, comedy movie

2 fun things about you? I’ve listened to the same radio station since I was 8yrs old I’m 72yrs now. I like the outdoors

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Do not compare yourself to others they are NOT YOU!!!

Anything else you would like to share? I semi-retired in 2015 to watch my then 4yr old grandson. I work part-time every fri & sat 3rd shift and when they need me to fill in during the week. I have 2 girls, 1 boy, 5 grands and 8/15 I became a great-grand, 1 sister and a host of nieces and nephews

I’m dyslexia, so some of my wording may have you scratching your head but I do re-read and fix most before posting. At age 68 my primary realized that I have a form of AD which explains a lot about how my life has gone. NO meds at my age I've made it OK this long

k8rrwvhe1ifz.png
  • Patricehm16
    Patricehm16 Posts: 67 Member
    Patty
    How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Scrolling through challenges 😁

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 1

What do you like to do for fun? Camp, read, play with dogs

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. California

Do you have a pet? 3 dogs- small, medium and large. We over committed! 🤣

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? I’d like to get motivated to workout 😢

How would your pet or friend describe you? Fun and loving

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A book. Love Freda McFadden

What is your favorite TV show? Naked and Afraid- I love the outdoors

What are your favorite fall activities? Walking on the beach now that tourists have decreased

What is your favorite type of exercise? Peloton bike

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, or clean the house? Oh my! None of the above, but wish I could say exercise.

What always cheers you up? When by daughters come home

2 fun things about you? Bingo and hiking

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,137 Member

What do you like to be called? Annie

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? mfp

How many 5% Challenges have you done? several

What do you like to do for fun? dance, read, listen to music, do arts and crafts

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live near Toronto, Ontario, Canada. it is a big city with lots to do every day.

Do you have a pet? Yes, two budgie birds, Chica and Chico
    What are your health/fitness goals for this season? to maintain my weight loss, to stay active
    How would your pet or friend describe you? A nice, polite, caring person who likes animals.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A book called Summer House. i enjoyed it.
    What is your favorite TV show? 911 Lonestar.

What are your favorite fall activities? jumping in a pile of leaves, halloween

What is your favorite type of exercise? dancing. there are so many dance videos on you tube and at the library to borrow.

What always cheers you up? my child, my family and my budgie birds

2 fun things about you? 1. I love to dance! i dance for at least an hour every day. 2. i like to dress up for halloween every year.

Do you have any diet or fitness tips to share? i find that drinking water throughout the day to be a big help in reducing cravings for extra sweet and salty foods.

How would your pet or friend describe you? kind hearted, caring, thoughtful and an animal lover.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited September 16
    Katie

Popular groups on MFP

This is my first

I like to read mostly! I also love to design floor plans and closet organization just for fun. I never get anywhere with them, not really. More like a "if I had all the money, I would do this to our house!" kind of hobby.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live.
    I live in central Canada, in Winnipeg. I don't know why I live somewhere so wintery when I don't like winter. Or somewhere with such hot summers when I don't like to be hot haha. Probanly since it's one of the most affordable/stable places to live in Canada. It's not a huge city, I think just under 1M people.

Do you have a pet?
    No pets

Get half way to goal weight, I'd love to see some movement out of my belly and chest but it seems to all be coming from my butt lol

Introverted/private, a bit all or nothing in how I do things.

I finished my walk in closet renovation that I had on the go unnecessarily for about a year haha.

I'm not really a favourites type but I rewatch Brooklyn 99 a lot.

Going to the corn maze, for walks in comfortable weather.

Walking, Zumba, weight lifting IF I have access

Clean the house

Sushi

2 fun things about you?
    I have 5 kids between ages 7 and 8 months old. The 8m olds are twins. Is that two?

3 day salads. When cooking consistently gets hard, make a massive no-leaf salad that you can pull out and eat with every meal for 3 days. Then make a different one for the next 3 days. It helps with getting your veggies and fibre in when you aren't all that motivated or enthusiastic about cooking (or are short on sleep or time). If you get sick of it, you can sometimes turn it into roasted veggies or a pasta casserole.

I'm hoping to get off the rest of the baby weight soon. It's actually not even the weight I gained with my most recent twins (i lost it all with a lot of muscle mass, as they sucked me dry of that, but weight i gained after I had my 2nd child.

Another time maybe!
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 556 Member
    What do you like to be called? Carolyn

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Message boards first

How many 5% Challenges have you done? two and this will be my third

What do you like to do for fun? I love houseplants and gardening

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Houston, TX - we moved here this summer so still getting use to it

Do you have a pet? 17 year old rescue dog named Reese

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? I just need to get back on track after the move, working out, eating better again

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal, bit of a perfectionist

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I embroidered a badge for one of my friends

What is your favorite TV show? Friends

What are your favorite fall activities? pumpkin carving

What is your favorite type of exercise? Cardio Kickboxing

What always cheers you up? knitting

2 fun things about you? I read really quickly, I'm learning soccer so I can help my son play

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? eat breakfast to help with snacking

• lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 16
    What do you like to be called? Lucy

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? It’s been so long ago, I forget!

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think 30 plus the IBCs.

What do you like to do for fun? Mostly write, but also gardening, reading, singing in a community chorus, travel

I live in Kona, Hawaii on what we call “The Big Island,” because it’s the biggest island in our “island state.” I think it’s the most beautiful, the most natural, and the most like “old Hawaii.”

Do you have a pet? I have one cat who is almost 16 years old.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Maintain weight, keep walking, keep going to the gym

How would your pet or friend describe you? Reliable, loving, comfortable, loyal

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Another chapter on my memoir.

What is your favorite TV show? I don’t watch TV, but occasionally I watch British mysteries on Acorn or BritBox on my iPad.

What are your favorite fall activities? Fall? What is that? LOL I live in Hawaii, but there are subtle changes in what grows, even the temperatures remain about the same.

What is your favorite type of exercise? Recumbent bike, rowing machine, weights, walking

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, or clean the house? Always exercise! I don’t do either of the other two activities – I pay someone else to do those.

What always cheers you up? A text/chat with any of my four adult children.

2 fun things about you? I’ll turn 90 during the fall challenge and I bought a 37‘ sailboat and lived on it for 5 years with my teen son.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Be sure to eat! Starving yourself to lose weight never works to your benefit.

Anything else you would like to share? I wish everyone a long and healthy life!

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like?3e6gbx344b6m.jpg

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,393 Member
    edited September 16
    What do you like to be called? Sue

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Just scrolling online

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first

What do you like to do for fun? DIY projects or gardening

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Buffalo, N.Y.

Do you have a pet? one cat named Sweet Pea

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Log my food and daily exercise

How would your pet or friend describe you? pet would describe me as a push over. Friend would say I'm adventurous.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. fixed up and painted my parents shed.

What is your favorite TV show? Not a big TV person but love PBS

What are your favorite fall activities? Planning the gardens for next year

What is your favorite type of exercise? walking and aquasize

What always cheers you up? watching comedy

2 fun things about you? I love airbnb's and I try to take a different route when I do road trips just because you never know.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Being overweight is hard, getting in shape is hard, choose your hard.

Anything else you would like to share? Over 50 and a caretaker for my parents.

Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
  • GettinFitWithMe
    GettinFitWithMe Posts: 2 Member
    Nicole :smile:

I learned about the 5% challenge after seeing a post that was posted by someone in another group.

This is my very first one!

I love taking photographs of nature, crocheting, cooking, and sewing!

I live near Raleigh, North Carolina and we have some cool places to visit such museums, parks, farmers markets, ect.

Do you have a pet?
    No pets.

My goal is to create a healthier me!

Kind and caring.

The last thing I finished was crocheting a Jack Skellington for one of my children.

I don't spend much time watching TV, but when I do, I enjoy shows such as Halloween Wars, Carnival Eats, and anything cooking-related!

I love baking homemade pies and cookies with my children.

Glute bridges aren't bad.

My personal preference would be to clean the house.

Doing crafts.

2 fun things about you?
    Every Sunday I make it a point to get out in nature and I like to stay up late and read, craft, etc.

I hear that eating protein keeps you full, less carbs to lose, and lots of steps!

Not Applicable

• dawnd72
    dawnd72 Posts: 3 Member
    - Dawn
    How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? - On the App

How many 5% Challenges have you done? - None

What do you like to do for fun? - Mini golf and gokng to the movie theater

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. - Pittsburgh, PA

Do you have a pet? Yes, a cat

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? - Losing weight and toning up

How would your pet or friend describe you?- Clumsy and impatient

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Laundry

What is your favorite TV show? Forensic

What are your favorite fall activities? Haunted Houses

Walking

What always cheers you up? Good conversations

2 fun things about you? I'm an Aries and always looking for the perfect job and mate.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Keep focused

Not at this time

• ameyer145
    ameyer145 Posts: 104 Member

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Through the Success Stories forum

How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than 5

What do you like to do for fun? Be outside, read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in Georgia

Do you have a pet? Sadly, no. Cat allergies in the house and too busy for a dog

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Eat less, move more (and make it a sticky habit)

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, low-key

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Binge-watching Big Bang Theory

What is your favorite TV show? Young Sheldon

What are your favorite fall activities? Anything outside in fall weather

What is your favorite type of exercise? Yoga

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, or clean the house? Wash a car

What always cheers you up? A really good book with an ending I didn't see coming

2 fun things about you? I always know which size container the leftovers will fit in perfectly. I cut my own hair.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? I've got lots of "what not to do." I guess the best tip I have is be easy with yourself. Humans aren't perfect; no reason losing weight should be.

• bbonet3
    bbonet3 Posts: 2,729 Member

What do you like to be called? Bruni

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? I was in Sparks and followed the group when we came over.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think I have participate on all but one of the MFP challenges

What do you like to do for fun? I love being with family, friends, reading and since I now have a pool I like to use it as much as I can.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in Deland, Florida which is north of Orlando and South of Daytona Beach

Do you have a pet? We have a small mix chihuahua, dachshund named Dandy. It belongs to my son but he is with us so he is a family dog

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? I want to continue to improve my health and go back to some strengthening/toning

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving, good listener, fair

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I have been binge reading so I have finished quite a few books but yesterday I organized my towel closet

What is your favorite TV show? Blue Bloods, Master Chef, .. a few but I record them and then when I have time I watch them.

What are your favorite fall activities? Walking outside

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking, swimming

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, or clean the house? Exercise while I attempt to clean the house

What always cheers you up? My granddaughter, Izzy, when they FaceTime me during the evening. She is 16 months

2 fun things about you? Retired school teacher, oldest of 7 siblings

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? I try to eat healthy and just keep up with my exercise to help if I don't

Anything else you would like to share? I am married, 2 sons, 1 GD and I have lived in 7 different states.

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? This is when I went to see Izzy for her 1st Birthday in May She has changed a lot and is walking/running all over the place.

zq963hm4qnnu.jpeg
  • paceka2
    paceka2 Posts: 1,023 Member

What do you like to be called? Kathy

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? A former SparkPeople Challenge Leader, brought to MFP 5% Chalenge through a friend.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than I can count

What do you like to do for fun? Read, Take Daisy for a walk, Gardening

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in Champlin, MN which is a Northwest suburb of Minneapolis.

Do you have a pet? We recently said goodbye to our 18 year old cat. We have an 11 year old Cocker/Golden dog.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Continue recovering from my spinal fusion surgery on 8/20.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friendly, helpful, dependable.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. The entire Eternity Springs series by Emily March, including the earlier books set in West Texas and the last 3 also set in West Texas. About 25 books in all. Something to do wile waiting for surgery.[/b

What is your favorite TV show? NCIS & Blue Bloods

What are your favorite fall activities? Fall Colors in Northern Minnesota

What is your favorite type of exercise? Pilates, especially Pilates on the Reformer.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, or clean the house? Exercise any day

What always cheers you up? Spending time with Daisy

2 fun things about you? My son took me to Norway in 2017 where I met relatives I didn't know I had. I have 5 children, 3 daughters and twin boys.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? It's important to have a routine and a set schedule - you may have to alter it from time to time but you need to have that commitment.

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? Daisy's warming up my bed for me - had to sleep by myself for the first few days after surgery.
    kpzzus57fbms.jpeg
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,385 Member
    DEBBIE

BEEN DOING THEM SINCE SPARK

TOO MANY TO COUNT SINCE STARTED ON SPARK AND HAVE NOT MISSED ANY SINCE THEN.

PLAY WITH MY GRANDKIDS, EXERCISE, READ, TALK WITH FRIENDS, PUZZLES

I LIVE 5 MINUTES FROM CHARLOTTE, NC. THE COMMUNITY I LIVE IN IS RIGHT OFF A GOLF COURSE AND A WALK AWAY FROM THE LAKE. IT HAS LOTS OF WALKING TRAILS AND PARKS TO DO THINGS.

Do you have a pet?
    NO PETS NOW, BUT I DID HAVE A DOG AND PARAKETTS.

MY GOAL IS TO CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN MY WEIGHT AND BLOOD PRESSURE. I WANT TO NOW WORK ON BEING ABLE TO GET MY THYROID TO FUNCTION WITHOUT MEDICATION.

PASSIONATE, GIVING AND OPEN.

I JUST FINISHED THE EDGE, BY DAVID BALDACCI

I DO NOT WATCH A LOT OF TV BUT I DO ENJOY FBI

I LOVE WALKING IN THE FALL AND LOOKING AT THE CHANGING LEAVES.
    I ALSO LOVE APPLE PICKING AND ENJOYING BAKING DIFFERENT THINGS USING APPLES AND PUMPKIN.

CARDIO BY FAR THE BEST, IT IS THE EXERCISE THAT ALWAYS MAKES ME FEEL INVIGORATED.

ABSOLUTELY EXERCISE

MY HUSBAND’S JOKES, MY GRANDKIDS AND HEARING FROM MY GROWN STUDENTS

2 fun things about you?
    I AM WAITING FOR MY HUSBAND TO RETIRE SO WE CAN TAKE UP PICKLEBALL, I HAVE HAD 2 CAREERS THAT WERE BOTH OVER 10 YEARS- MY FIRST WAS IN RETAILING- FOR 17 YEARS, AFTER HAVING MY 3 KIDS WENT BACK TO TEACHING FOR 25 YEARS.

FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU, EVERYONE’S BODY IS DIFFERENT AND YOU NEED TO FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. I KEEP TRYING NEW THINGS, IF I LIKE IT AND IT HELPS I HONE IT SO IT WORKS FOR. STAY CONSISTENT AND MAKE THINGS BECOME A NATURAL PART OF YOUR LIFE.

STAY CONSISTENT AND MAKE THINGS BECOME A NATURAL PART OF YOUR LIFE.

4hprsw1vg037.jpeg
    MY HUSBAND & I AT BLOWING ROCK.

• DRC200971
    DRC200971 Posts: 891 Member
    edited September 18
    What do you like to be called? Trish

Larry

I migrated from SparkPeople.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since migrating to MFP, I have completed all but one and many more on SP.

What do you like to do for fun? Travel, gardening, bike riding

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in a rural community of 2,500 population 35 minutes north of Peoria, IL and 25 minutes south of Prinction, IL.

Do you have a pet? We have 2 cats Coco and Bean 2 sisters from the same litter.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? As a diabetic, I always want to keep my A1C below 7 and to exercise 6 of 7 days a week.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, dedicated

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Decluttering all the closets in our house.

What is your favorite TV show? Several but Fire County and or all the Chicago Series, Med, Fire, PD

What are your favorite fall activities? Watching football, Thanksgiving, Spoon River Drive in October

What is your favorite type of exercise? Cycling with my wife on our 3 wheel adult tricycles

What always cheers you up? Our grandkids, Willow and Aaron, they are now teenagers, but so very precious. Both will go far in life and be so very blessed and successful

2 fun things about you? We have season tickets to our local minor league baseball and local college division I basketball teams. From March to March, we are in a gymnasium for a baseball field

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Dash Diet/Mediterranean Diet

Anything else you would like to share? This Saturday, I'm leaving for Ontario, Canada to tour Niagara Falls. I'm looking forward to the Hornblower Cruise in front of the falls.