Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Life is about prizes for the games you play

trixsterjl31
trixsterjl31 Posts: 55 Member
Joe here,

I'm somewhere between 1 day and 21 months from retirement. Back about a year ago I started doing all these flow charts and theory crafting. On thing that has to be done is weight lose. I met this great lady and we hit it off. She is 5'4 115 lbs I am (was) 6'3 390. She wasn't too pushy about it but lets face it that isn't healthy. We also live 8000 miles apart. I decided to fly and meet here and was there in August. After I booked the ticket I started working on my weight.
So between July 4 and Sept 6 i've dropped from 390 to 349. If this isn't how it is working for you dont be discouraged the bigger you are the easier it is to lose weight. Here is what the title is about. If you want to be a new you and lose weight you need to shrug off old life habits here they are for me:
1. No more beer
2. No more Door Dash

You might be able to do either or both but I cant.
My advise on this site is to be careful about logged food. People created the logs and they put in mistakes. If your Egg is 30 calories when every other egg is the world is 70 there is something wrong with the log. Weight loss isn't that hard if you eat less than you use in calories you lose, if you eat more than you burn you gain. Watch out for scale stalls:
they are soul sapping and can last for a week or more. If you have been on a steady lose for a month and suddenly nothing for a week, get away from the scale and stick to it for a few weeks and then go back to weighing. It will happen.

Good luck you all,

Joe

Replies

• Nutbugs2
    Nutbugs2 Posts: 60 Member
    Joe here,

I'm somewhere between 1 day and 21 months from retirement. Back about a year ago I started doing all these flow charts and theory crafting. On thing that has to be done is weight lose. I met this great lady and we hit it off. She is 5'4 115 lbs I am (was) 6'3 390. She wasn't too pushy about it but lets face it that isn't healthy. We also live 8000 miles apart. I decided to fly and meet here and was there in August. After I booked the ticket I started working on my weight.
    So between July 4 and Sept 6 i've dropped from 390 to 349. If this isn't how it is working for you dont be discouraged the bigger you are the easier it is to lose weight. Here is what the title is about. If you want to be a new you and lose weight you need to shrug off old life habits here they are for me:
    1. No more beer
    2. No more Door Dash

You might be able to do either or both but I cant.
    My advise on this site is to be careful about logged food. People created the logs and they put in mistakes. If your Egg is 30 calories when every other egg is the world is 70 there is something wrong with the log. Weight loss isn't that hard if you eat less than you use in calories you lose, if you eat more than you burn you gain. Watch out for scale stalls:
    they are soul sapping and can last for a week or more. If you have been on a steady lose for a month and suddenly nothing for a week, get away from the scale and stick to it for a few weeks and then go back to weighing. It will happen.

Good luck you all,

Joe

Such goid advice. I Hope things are going good for you and your new gal and success in you weight journey.
  • trixsterjl31
    trixsterjl31 Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 17
    I had one of the above mentioned stalls this week and zigged up 4 lbs with little change in habits. I'm almost back to my low point. Hopefully in a few days i'll be at a new low and the drops stay steady for a while. I have about 12 weeks until my next flight to see my lady, I would love to be off 40 lbs from the last trip. Only workable because i dropped 20 already. If I drop 2lbs a week between now and then and hit around 320 i'll be ecstatic, The down side is i'll need all new cloths for the trip. I'm close to that point now actually. All my pants need a hard pull on the belt.
    Looking back the the log from when i posted this i'm still down 3 lbs in 10 days. I dont log the per-cents i just round down. So it is more like 4 I think and if it stays dropping ill be 6 in 2 weeks is pretty much still on track.