Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

September Week 3 Group Challenge - Partner Up Walking Challenge

Replies

• Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 540 Member
    Team: Walkin On Sunshine
    Monday Steps: 17,709

@frankwbrown

The weather is finally starting to drop a bit (highs are under 100 and lows are in the 70s for the first time in months here in Az) so I'm able to do some more walking in the morning. I'm also upping my run lengths slightly this week.

I have appointments this morning though, so I'm not sure I'll be able to walk as much today but I'm going to see what I am able to squeeze into my day.
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    Team Catzilla
    Sunday: @baodell17724 10,000 steps
    Yes, I convert from a peddler, as I have MS and use a Rollator as I can't stand for long periods of time

Monday: @baodell17724 10,000 steps

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,561 Member
    Team Heart and Sole
    Monday Steps

globalhiker: 3302 steps

@p8m6bwghh9 I'll do better today, promise. Monday I had to pull double-duty to cover for someone at work, put in 12 hours sitting.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 363 Member
    edited September 17
    The Road Runners

Monday steps

WOAH!!!! High 5 Partner! ^5
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 363 Member
    The Road Runners

Monday Steps = 9,236
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 296 Member
    alleykat69
    Team Catzilla
    Monday steps
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 406 Member
    Team Stepsters

Monday 12229 steps
  • p8m6bwghh9
    p8m6bwghh9 Posts: 49 Member
    Team Heart and Sole
    Monday steps
    p8m6bwghh9 13239

@globalhiker no worries, sorry about your unexpected time at the desk. I was able to get out for a walk between the scattered rain showers
    4bq733bxigeo.jpeg
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,804 Member
    Walkin On Sunshine
    frankwbrown
    Monday steps: 11,304

I got in a 10 mile bike ride (day 2 of 7) early before heading to the gym. I walked ~1⅓ miles to the gym, took a one hour strength/cardio class, then walked back home. Later I drove back to the gym to attend a social event that included an introductory session of a new class called VTL:FIT. I was early, so I did a short tai chi session in the studio prior to VTL:FIT. The gym describes VTL:FIT as "A dynamic, high-energy circuit training program that's suitable for all fitness levels". I really worked up a sweat doing that.
    I'm feeling a bit worn out this morning. I didn't get out for an early ride, and I just skipped my tai chi session which I love, so that tells me something. I need some recovery.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,942 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    We Dig Walking
    Monday - 12,023

Lots of trudging around with compost, the tiller, and veggies to wash and process. Luckily it was a gorgeous day and I also got out for a fantastic trail ride with my horse. We had a blast - but I did not count his steps! Left the counter at the barn :wink:

Hope you're feeling good today @digger61 :smiley:

Horse back riding sounds like a lot of fun. I am doing better now. I have 10551 steps in on Monday. I was wondering who should post totals?
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,941 Member
    @frankwbrown That's a helluva day you had there! No wonder your body wants to just sit a spell!!
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 131 Member
    So sorry I am so late with my steps 🫣

Across The Pond
    Sunday 9,339
    Monday 13,978
    Tuesday 15,317

Thank you @lauren_989 for putting up with me 🫣😂🤭
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,390 Member
    Jactop wrote: »
    @jactop Are you still participating? Did you find a partner? If you're still looking for a partner, at least remember to post your steps...or you're welcome to join in on your own...the more the merrier!

Oh shoot I was offline all weekend so missed the challenge announcement. Sorry @DaffyGirl88

@jessicakrall8 I don’t have a partner but would love to join anyway

Sunday steps: 8698

I gotcha @Jactop...wanna give me a clever name for your team?
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    Pep Steppers
    Monday: 16842

@micaroo My Monday steps were 12,420...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Here's our tally so far:

k1jpv19p4l8s.png
  • jessicakrall8
    @baodell17724 Thank you for the explanation...looks like you're getting lots of activity, that's awesome!!!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,257 Member
    There's some serious stepping going on in here! I better up my game! Total for today coming a bit later...
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    @baodell17724 Thank you for the explanation...looks like you're getting lots of activity, that's awesome!!!
    Jessica

Thanks! I miss my able-bodied days when I could walk 5 miles through my suburban neighborhood and the local park. And in 1980, I joined my fellow New Yorker's walking EVERYWHERE when the NYC Transit went out on strike for 12 days! Every one of those days I walked from 15th St to 79th Street to get to work, and the same distance back again! (Way back then there was no such thing as telecommuting!!! LOL :/ )
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,257 Member
    OK! Total for Tuesday
    Liselyn from We Dig Walking
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Across the Pond
    Tuesday - 8,390