Weight No More Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Hi Team Weight No More. You have a new member joining. Please welcome @nettie981! :)
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 400 Member
    Good morning @nettie981
    Welcome to weight no more. Good luck with your goals.
  • dorisv207
    dorisv207 Posts: 27 Member
    Way to go, Weight No Mores! We pulled some incredible numbers last week, even if it didn't feel like it.

I often struggle with accepting how slow the weight-loss process is, and sometimes even consider giving up because that would be "easier"... but then I look around and see all the health (both mental and physical) complications I avoid just by trying to be better, and the journey feels worth it again.

This week, give me one of your reasons for being on MyFitnessPal, but without using any numbers. What feeling are we chasing? What negatives are we avoiding?
    Way to go, Weight No Mores! We pulled some incredible numbers last week, even if it didn't feel like it.

I often struggle with accepting how slow the weight-loss process is, and sometimes even consider giving up because that would be "easier"... but then I look around and see all the health (both mental and physical) complications I avoid just by trying to be better, and the journey feels worth it again.

This week, give me one of your reasons for being on MyFitnessPal, but without using any numbers. What feeling are we chasing? What negatives are we avoiding?

I‘be been struggling with motivation recently. It is so much easier to not do the things that will make you feel better. That’s my reason for being on here. I want to be healthy & feel better. I’m recommitting to this journey today! One day at a time 🤞🏻
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,487 Member
    @nettie981 - Welcome to Team Weight No More! My name is Ashley, I am one of the co-captains here, and a moderator for the Fat2Fit group, so please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Everyone here is super friendly and more than happy to help out!

@dorisv207 - Isn't it a bummer that sometimes the things that benefit us the most are the ones our brains just do not feel like doing? The number of times I have to talk myself into having something other than ice cream for dinner is incredible.
  • dorisv207
    @nettie981 - Welcome to Team Weight No More! My name is Ashley, I am one of the co-captains here, and a moderator for the Fat2Fit group, so please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Everyone here is super friendly and more than happy to help out!

@dorisv207 - Isn't it a bummer that sometimes the things that benefit us the most are the ones our brains just do not feel like doing? The number of times I have to talk myself into having something other than ice cream for dinner is incredible.

The struggle is real!
  • lauren_989
    The habit tracker is now open for October. Let's make a plan and prepare for your best month yet! B)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924468/habit-tracker-october-2024#latest
  • lauren_989
    Hi Team Weight No More, you have a new team member joining. Please welcome @ngagne!
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 219 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm I’m going to need to be excused for tomorrow’s weigh in. Thanks!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,027 Member
    My steps for Sunday September 22 through this past Saturday:

S 10006
    M 4938
    T 12967
    W 10069
    T 10177
    F 5686
    S 11349

@melaniedscott
  • Jensmakingprogress
    Jensmakingprogress Posts: 208 Member
    I forgot to post yesterday.

PW: 203.2
    CW: 202.8
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 433 Member
    Weigh in day Friday

Previous weight 182.3 lbs
    Current weight 179.9 lbs
  • Lizslonghaul
    Lizslonghaul Posts: 12 Member
    edited September 27
    Lizslonghaul
    Friday
    PW: 261.2
    CW: 261.7

Whoops didn't weigh myself when I first got up and had already showered and drank water and coffee. So next week should actually be a loss.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,119 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 193.3
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Weigh in day Friday

PW: 192.9
    CW: 192.2
  • dorisv207
    Sorry I’m a day late in posting again 🫤 Also going in the wrong direction 🫤

Can I change my weigh in day to Friday?

DorisV207
    Starting Weight: 210
    Previous Weight: 197
    Current Weight: 198

Hope everyone has a good weekend
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 400 Member
    Cw152lbs
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,411 Member
    daria0919 wrote: »
    My steps for Sunday September 22 through this past Saturday:

S 10006
    M 4938
    T 12967
    W 10069
    T 10177
    F 5686
    S 11349

@melaniedscott

Is this Sept 15-21?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,411 Member
    Melaniedscott
    Weigh day: Sat
    PW: 230.4
    CW: 235.3

My stomach issues are resolving but not done yet, so I'm pretty sure this is inaccurate. I have not done well on steps this week...

Sun: 500
    Mon: 2611
    Tues: 3191
    Wed: 500
    Thurs: 2604
    Fri: 3229
    Sat: TBD

I've been a bit disengaged lately, not because I am not paying attention, mostly because I'm just so tired and so busy. So...

I'm here because I don't have a lot of weight loss support at home and this is a great community. Logging, when I do it, helps me pay attention to what I eat. My husband is a lot taller and can eat more calories than I can...but he still could lose some weight but he encourages bad habits. When he stops encouraging bad habits, he thinks it is funny to play drill sergeant, which is irritating, not helpful. And he has listening difficulties. When he pays attention to his diet, it is easier, but the past two years have been hard, since he lost his mom.

So...maybe I am avoiding some of that and I joined about a year after I lost my youngest sister. MFP kind of helped me get out of my head, kind of the way @daria0919 described--my sister was as close to a child as I'll ever have so, I get that. It's hard.

And lastly...I'm still missing steps from @OllieAndEd2021 and @mnsmov15. I'll give it a few hours...
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 433 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 220.2
    Cw- 221.4
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 175 Member
    OllieAndEd steps for week of Sept 15-21
    Total = 91,367
This discussion has been closed.