Weight No More Team Chat - October 2024

e3q8gzo33hif.jpg
Here is your Team chat room for October 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8
Lauren- @lauren_989
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and [open]
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The October challenge runs for five weeks, from September 29th - October 27th.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leader board. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get October on the road!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,804 Member
    Hi WNM...you have a new member joining your wonderful team ... Please welcome @Kyra_TB97 :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,395 Member
    The October Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 29th. Please join us for the Pumpkin Fall Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924589/october-week-1-group-challenge-pumpkin-fall-challenge#latest

See you in the chat thread...hope to hear from you this week!
    Jessica :blush:
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 409 Member
    CW 151.8
    Sunday weigh in

I would like to join the step challenge for October with a daily goal of 5000 steps

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Hi Team Weight No More, you have 2 new members joining. Please welcome @purple1butterfly and @Sillycat1974!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,703 Member
    I posted this in the September thread, so in case, it gets overlooked now that it's closed, I'll repost it here :)

BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Sunday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 75.8 kg/167.11 lb
    Current weight: 76.1 kg/167.77 lb

BodyTalking
    Steps 22-28 Sep
    Total: 51,057

S 7026
    M 11845
    T 5918
    W 10074
    T 6552
    F 5068
    S 4574

@melaniedscott @minstrelofsarcasm

This week, I had one day where I ate more than usual, about 1900 calories, and another couple over 1500, and it's still hanging around. I just need to get the balance of Cals in vs Cals out and keep going down.

It was still a good month and I have increased my steps again.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 592 Member
    MFP USER NAME purple1butterfly
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY Tuesday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT 178.6 lb or 81.2kg
    STARTING WEIGHT 199.1lb or 90.5kg
    Hello everyone
    Yay I have managed to sort the problem I was having.
  • nansbones7708
    Is there an October step challenge?
    May I join please with a step goal of 5000 per day
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,119 Member
    Steps

Sun-3,010
    Mon-10,334
    Tues-7,751
    Wed-6,532
    Thurs-8,232
    Fri-8,025
    Sat-4,113
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,487 Member

@nansbones7708 - There is absolutely a step challenge, I will make sure you are added to it! Glad to have you as a participant!
  • Sillycat1974
    Sillycat1974 Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 30
    Sillycat1974
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    CW 235.4
    SW 260

I slacked off after going to Disney for a week in June, I managed to gain about 7 pounds back and I knew if I didn't do something then I would gain it all back. So here I am again. :) So glad I think I've figured out the problem with posting. I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'll.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    9ygwjonwjr6a.png
    qnoc1jm29sez.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    j0xvpcnrt6rq.png

By Pounds
    n610j2on9szv.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    czi082xbrg1y.png

By Pounds
    dlk7p06qb1iu.png
    jt6l3302t5nf.png

Team Winners
    xcsss3gmk59y.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    jmhqr5v3oabg.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    r8s9219gj73b.png
    66ymndihvsqb.png
    rujtitda3map.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    o2ywlb82kpjx.png

By Pounds
    l0pc3unakugn.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    7qhylhqdt7fn.png

By Pounds
    4s6v0j3jq025.png
    cku44z7lm46z.png

Team Winners
    19xrilrvour1.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    fbgwwbtle3b3.png
  • nansbones7708

@nansbones7708 - There is absolutely a step challenge, I will make sure you are added to it! Glad to have you as a participant!

Sunday 29 September 7660 steps
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,413 Member

Yes there is, and yes, you can! All you have to do is post your steps for the previous week by Wednesday. If you've been watching our challenge board, you have probably noticed I will wait on you, if I've got reason to ... you can either post all your steps for the week or by day. If you post daily counts, you'll be part of the M Most Consistent!!! and Most Steps in One Day!!! competitions. If you want to post the last week of September's steps to get a feel, you can do so this week, by Wednesday.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,413 Member
    Welcome to all the new ladies & gents!

I'm Melanie, 48 (argh, that's still new) and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain. Truly, Ashley does most of the heavy lifting. I generally do the steps challenge.

Welcome to October! Sometimes I post an intro and sometimes I forget until the last week. I've been on MFP for a long time (more on that in spoilers, if you're interested). I am happily childfree, married for 24 years and I don't love exercise but I do like walking. I need to lose weight to aid medical conditions and because I don't like what I see in the mirror.
    The rest is my standard stuff, read it or don't; don't if you've been around a while and already did, up to you.

My (really short version) story
    Once upon a time, I was very skinny and could eat anything I wanted and not gain weight. I was pretty active and took meds that probably ramped up my metabolism (and put me at risk of severe medical problems). But that was a long time ago and things are different. Now I an the opposite of skinny,stress eat and I look at anything yummy and gain five pounds. I need to lose 80 lbs.
    My special snowflake challenges
    I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time).
    I have terrible allergies, mostly mold. Which is literally everywhere. And cats. Anything that doesn't have square pupils (but not things with square pupils!?! I have no problem with squid, apparently!), including people sometimes.
    I have migraines.
    And I have connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage).
    August 2020, I acquired some vertigo problems and persistent deafness on one side. Yay. Fall of '23 the ENT decided to call it Meniere's and recommend hearing aids, which are good.
    What I do about it
    I take glucosamine and collagen supplements for the connective tissue problem. When I have bad days, I also drink collagen peptides (but I really dislike them). I've been supplementing with Vitamin C for decades, not really knowing why. In the past few years, I learned Vit C helps the body produce and process collagen. Suddenly, my lifelong obsession with the C makes sense.
    My neurologist recommended I take 500 mg of ginger and 400 mg of Vitamin B2 every day to reduce migraines, it has helped a lot. The migraines are so much better (almost non-existent) and manageable when they happen. The ginger also helps with the vertigo. I have no excuses for not doing exercise when the vertigo is managed, except for being lazy.
    After adding some nasal sprays and sinus irrigation, adjusting my diet a bit, adding copious amounts of ginger, and stopping coffee (EXTREMELY, TERRIBLY sad), I’ve got the vertigo mostly under control.
    What is the point behind all this?
    The special snowflake stuff is not woe-is-me drama llama. It is that everyone has to do what works for them now. The stuff a lot of people go on about (like HITT) are not good for me, and are sometimes dangerous, for me. Sometimes people get down on themselves because they don't do the stuff everyone talks about (HIIT, Insanity, stair steppers, etc). I not only don't do those things, I shouldn't. But I should exercise. So.. same to everyone else, do what worksand is good foryou
    My Goals
    My daily goal to get about 30 minutes of walking a day at least during the week isn't doing much for me. I try to get a walk in otherwise but frequently fail. Had a gym membership but wasn't using it and canceled it at the begining of the year. Weather in good ish, no excuse to not walk. I waffle between getting my 30 and doing nothing and doing 4 mile hikes with my husband.

Anyway, I've been with WNM for a long while now. Early days, I lost a lot but blah blah blah, it came back and brought friends. I changed jobs in April '24. The new job gives me opportunity to I move more but I also drive a lot and do a lot of documentation, so...sometimes don't move enough. Need to work on that.
    Here's to a great month!
  • BodyTalking
    edited September 30
    Hello everyone and welcome new members :)

I'm Mairi, from Scotland but living in Czechia. I teach English to children and adults. I have arthritis and struggled with pain over the summer but it seems to be getting better now that I'm on meds again. I enjoy creating AI images - used to do stained glass, jewellery and graphic design but not since covid times. Whenever my husband and I go on holiday, I like to soak up the current culture and historical remnants plus collect sea glass if we're on the coast.

I weighed myself this morning and am glad to see that I lost the end of week excess: 75.4 kg/166.2 lb

Plus, I've just realised that I got back to my MFP starting weight from November 2019: 75.5 kg/166.5 lb

Since the beginning of July, I have managed a total loss of: 4.6 kg/10.2 lb

My highest weight, during the pandemic, was: 83.9 kg/185 lb

So that's an overall loss of: 8.5 kg/18.8 lb

Now, I must continue as my body is not the same as it was 5 years ago and it needs much work.

That motivates me to keep going. I hope it motivates you too ;)
  • nansbones7708
    Steps this week
    Sunday 29th 7760
    Monday 30th 5554
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 592 Member

Can I also join the step challenge please?
    My aim is to get over 10,000 daily as I keep dropping to very little.
    Sat 15,800 was at work very busy
    Sun 4,116 (very poor on movement)
    Mon 12,000 went for a walk.
  • Sillycat1974
    Sillycat1974 Posts: 7 Member
    I would like to join the step challenge as well, if possible.
  • BodyTalking
    edited 7:48AM
    I weighed myself this morning and am glad to see that I lost the end of week excess: 75.4 kg/166.2 lb
    Plus, I've just realised that I got back to my MFP starting weight from November 2019: 75.5 kg/166.5 lb
    Since the beginning of July, I have managed a total loss of: 4.6 kg/10.2 lb
    My highest weight, during the pandemic, was: 83.9 kg/185 lb
    So that's an overall loss of: 8.5 kg/18.8 lb
    bo6bw05pxcpk.jpgI looked back at my weight on Fitbit. I first logged on 1 June 2017 and my weight was 75kg. My lowest weight was 67.6 kg on 31 January 2019. So that's my next target 🎯 8 kilos is quite a lot but I'll do my best, first of all, get to 75 kg, then aiming for 70 kg and on to 67 kg 🏹

Also, I'm weighing myself and logging food and drink every day now - just to see if it helps, I think it does - here's my paper tracker for an overview.ib8wv15u1p0k.jpg