Steps for Tues Oct 1st 11,225
    Steps for Wednesday Oct 2nd 9,067
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 95 Member
    Laurabb99
    weighin day: Wed
    PW: 197.3
    CW: 196

I'm still playing back and forth, but actually surprised that I'm reporting it on my weigh day. We attended my grandmother's funeral in Houston this past weekend (We live North of Dallas). So, I'm a little surprised, maybe I'm dehydrated.

Welcome new members!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,094 Member
    gg0ujr4dqjxn.jpeg

Our local neighborhood black bear!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,816 Member
    I have two jobs, one is a nursing assistant at our local hospital & the other is working for an agency doing bar/waitress/ kp/team leader.

What things do you do?

Hi 💜🦋

I teach English to children and adults in Prague.
    I have neglected my online selling these days because of other things going on but will get back to it soon. I'm designing images with AI and will sell them on Etsy. I used to make stained glass, it was my first job many years ago and, more recently, made glass items for Etsy but gave up during the pandemic. I'll do it again as my personal artwork but my hands are too achy just now. I've also made jewellery - I have a degree in silversmithing & jewellery design - and did graphic design while working in a print and retail shop. I would like to find time to get all of these things back into my life, but time.... ⏳

• BodyTalking
    Anyone else want to update their step goals?

I should change mine to 5000 because some days aren't so good.

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,432 Member
    I am still missing steps for last week for
    @Jensmakingprogress
    @andja87
    @OllieAndEd2021
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,125 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 193.3
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,526 Member
    I am missing a few weigh-ins so far this week - friendly reminder to our new folks that the weight you shared while registering does not count as your first weigh-in with the team.

@cassiegetsfit2013
    @nettie981
    @ngagne
    @Jensmakingprogress
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 553 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    My weigh day is Sunday but I’m away from the scale till next week so weighed early.
    Cw 149.25

@melaniedscott
    Thursday steps
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 228 Member
  • Kyra_TB97
    Kyra_TB97 Posts: 17 Member
    Can I change my weight day to a Friday instead of a Saturday. Also can I be added to the step challenge with a daily goal of 8,000 steps.
  • dorisv207
    dorisv207 Posts: 30 Member
    DorisV207
    Starting Weight: 210
    Previous Weight: 198
    Current Weight: 196

Getting back to where I was in August. Quick get away this weekend for our wedding anniversary. So my expectations for next week’s weigh in are low. Happy Friday All!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Weigh in day Friday

PW: 192.2
    CW: 192.0
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 498 Member
    Weigh in day Friday

Previous weight 179.9 lbs
    Current weight 179.0 lbs
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Kyra_TB97 wrote: »
    Can I change my weight day to a Friday instead of a Saturday. Also can I be added to the step challenge with a daily goal of 8,000 steps.

@Kyra_TB97 - Yeah, I'll change your weigh day for you! What prompted the shift? I know I like Fridays because I'm least likely to be bloated on a Friday morning.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Speaking of my bloat, I'm pretty sure the wedding bloat is mostly gone!

Previous Weight: 185.6 lbs
    Current Weight: 184.1 lbs
    Loss to Date: 49.9 lbs
  • Kyra_TB97
    Kyra_TB97 wrote: »

@Kyra_TB97 - Yeah, I'll change your weigh day for you! What prompted the shift? I know I like Fridays because I'm least likely to be bloated on a Friday morning.

Thank you so much. I think if I weight on a Friday it’ll keep me on track for the weekend
  • Kyra_TB97
    Weigh in -
    Previous Weight: 228
    Current Weight: 226.2

I’m very happy with that considering I haven’t been 100 percent with my eating.

Does anyone have any tips on staying on track?
  • BodyTalking
    @dorisv207 Happy Anniversary 🥂
  • BodyTalking
    edited October 4
    @Kyra_TB97
    I log all my food and drink and try to aim for a calorie deficit of 500 on average - 3500 less than the maintenance set by the app. I've recently got into the habit of weighing myself every day. I know that's OTT but it helps me see if I'm going up or down and how to eat the next day or two. I made a daily colour-in sheet, where I colour in a square each day and feel good when I can use the green pencil and see all the greens on my sheet. I'm building up my activity and strength now and will continue staying in calorie deficit without being heavily restrictive or following a diet. Calories-in v Calories-out (CiCo) is what I find best to concentrate on (mostly calories-in unless I'm very active).
    k3c8clc3ec8b.jpg
    Over the summer, I cut out all sweets, chocolate, pastries and alcohol for two months, which allowed me to kick the habit of boredom eating and panging for something sweet and now leaves plenty room for having them on an odd occasion (admittedly, I had a health problem so my appetite was low anyway but I think, if you're determined, you can do it because my husband also didn't have any sweets or chocolate).

Good luck 🍀
  • nansbones7708
    @Kyra_TB97
    Staying on track is as difficult as you let it be. I talk from loads of experience.
    I am excellent at making a daily plan in advance and having all the ingredients ready and then……
    I’m just a gal who can’t say no.
    SO
    This week I set myself a challenge to make it to the end of a whole week and helped my sweet tooth by adding a small meringue no cream with my afternoon break and at dinner and it’s working for me.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    It's also important to remember that you don't have to be perfect to see results. One slip up will not ruin all of your progress, consistently slipping up will. I know I tend to operate best when I make 80+% "good" decisions. Having a healthy and realistic sleep routine has also done wonders for me.
  • nansbones7708
    @melaniedscott
    Steps Friday
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 180 Member
    OllieAndEd steps
    Sept 22-28
    95,601 total
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 618 Member
    @melaniedscott my steps for the last two days
    Thursday 2,763
    Friday 21,768
  • Lizslonghaul
    Lizslonghaul Posts: 15 Member
    Lizslonghaul
    Friday
    PW: 261.7
    CW: 259.5

My best tip is to log what you're going to eat the night before. I know tomorrow I'm making a pork shoulder roast, so I'm preplanning to eat 1 lb of that, cashews as a snack, an arugula salad with pumpkin seeds and figs, a couple eggs, a small kale smoothie with collagen, and one serving of keto brand peanut butter ice cream. Because I logged it, I know I have to drink coffee black tomorrow otherwise I'll go over calories.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 436 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 221.4
    Cw- 219
  • Sillycat1974
    Sillycat1974 Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 5
    Sillycat1974

PW 235.4
    CW 227.6