Classes?

Options

Replies

• mderr90
    mderr90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior and a web design student. I took my senior project class this quarter and basically get to take electives the rest of the year. I'm officially done with my major :)
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Howdy folks,

Second year law student here. Classes are... intense.
    I had to switch to eating veggies with hummus and drinking green tea or low fat coffee to keep going. Granola bars are so helpful. I have to eat to stay awake at times, so I know what you mean!!!! Homemade popcorn is a good snack too if you don't go overboard on the butter or salt. :) Just find a favorite snack you know you can get away with.

In addition to those snacks, I eat things such as a rice cake with some peanut butter or hummus on it, baked sweet potato chips, frozen fruit smoothies, nuts, sunflower seeds, and yogurt. I tried to find snacks close to comfort foods I like, e.g. PB&J or potato chips became rice cakes with peanut butter and sweet potato chips, so I don't feel that I am depriving myself of those comfort foods.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm a 2L (second year) in law school. I'm taking Business Organizations, Constitutional Law, Evidence, and Property.

I also take Zumba classes at my gym, and plan to start teaching them soon, too!

I eat a lot of natural PB and jelly sandwiches on Arnold sandwich thins, apples, and baby carrots. Because I'm poor, lol. Oh, and I love to put green (red, yellow, or orange) peppers in pretty much everything. I'm a big study snacker, so the baby carrots have been a life safer (because it used to be potato chips and/or candy)!

Good luck to everyone in the rest of this semester!
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm a 3rd year majoring in Genetics (not pre-med though)
    I'm currently taking Plant Pathology, Organic Chemistry 2, Introduction to Weight Training, and doing research for credit hours. While it may seem like that isn't a lot of classes, I get 4 hours of research credits, but for it to be Honors research, you have to do 5 hours of work for 1 hour of credit, so I spend 15-20 hours per week in a plant biology lab.

In terms of weight loss, I'm 5'2"-5'3" and went from around 140 to 118 over the last year and a half, and I've managed to keep it off and continue improving my body. Add me if you'd like; I'm not the type to comment on every status/diary completion/exercise you post, but I will sometimes and I'll always answer messages and give motivation and support and advice if you need it. :)
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    hey everyone! I'm kaitlyn and i'm multimedia journalism major. i'm technically a junior credits wise but still finishing up my last bit of gen eds this semester. so right now i'm taking global society, math for liberal arts, contemporary chemical issues and news and news reporting.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'm in my first year of Grad School for Anthrozoology/Human-Animal Studies.

My classes this semester include: Intro to Anthrozoology, Animal Behavior and Communication, and Animals in Humane Education.
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a lot of general ed classes...
    Ecology, Intro to Statistics, Individualized Cardio.

But for my Fine Arts major, I'm taking Mexican Folkloric Dance and Children's Theatre.
  • mezzosoprano89
    mezzosoprano89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a 4th year voice performance major with a theatre minor (I have one more year left...5 year track) I'm currently taking: Opera Literature, Script Analysis, Theatrical Makeup, Voice Lessons, Piano Lessons, and then I also work about 20 hours a week at an office on campus.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 2nd (and last year) of grad school getting my Master's in Library and Information Science. Classes I'm taking right now are:
    Readers' Advisory Services --so much fun!
    Internet Fundaments--didn't really want to take it but its highly recommended for the program
    Marketing and Public Relations for Libraries---love this class!
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I a huge snacker when I'm studying. I need to be doing something so I like bring cut up veggies to liek carrots, green/red pepper, broccoli and celery. It doesn't compare to doritos and stuff but really you're just mindless eating at that point so it doesn't really matter.
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Im katie and im in my third year of University studying English language, communication and literature. Im currently applying to do another three year course studying Speech and Language therapy.

I wanna work with stroke patients and get them talking again :)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Second year german major here!!!!!!!!! five classes each semester, three credits each!

Nest semester's line up:

-intermediate german II
    -anthropology of sex (an ENTIRE CLASS dedicated to sex...for credit...who could pass that up???)
    -abnormal psychology
    -finite mathematics
    -elementary Japanese

:D
  • kmschiller
    kmschiller Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm in my first semester of three of my master's program in advertising- I got my B.A. in psych & music performance in spring of 2011! Right now I'm taking:
    -Advertising graduate seminar
    -Qualitative research methods
    -Advertising theory
    -Foundations of advertising

I'm also TA-ing an undergrad research methods class! Feel free to add me as a friend :happy:
  • beachlove09
    beachlove09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, im KT and im a marketing and communications major. right now im in accounting, great books colloquim, introduction to marketing/advertising, principles of marketing, and communication theory

ive got a full schedule but i love my major! im hoping to go to grad school and get my MBA

add me if you want to talk :smile:
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hey All!!!
    My name is Sierra, I am a Junior in College, just switched my Major to Communication Design. I Am taking Into to Digital, 3d Design, Art History 2, Cross culture communication and ASL (For fun ;) )
  • jjbeach1986
    Options
    Hey everyone

My name is Jennifer and I'm a senior geology major at USA in Alabama. I'm currently taking Chemistry, Geomorphology, Paleontology, and a history class on Germany since 1848. I have two more terms before I graduate and I can. not. wait!

I love my major and the people I go to school with. I'm lucky to have great friends who are supportive of my goals and when we all go out to eat they are great to not go to fast food joints like McD or BK all the time (actually, never) and are happy to agree on places that have some healthy food choices!
  • Meg_85
    Meg_85 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'll be starting my last semester of my masters in social work in January. I am taking Clinical social work in relation to mental health, nature of health and illness, and Mental Health and social policy with an additional 6 credits of internship (24 hours a week) and am still working.

I miss my social life!
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm a first year student majoring in mathematics. My classes right now are:

Calculus
    Linear Algebra
    Cell and Molecular Biology
    Neuroscience and behaviour
    And introductory chemistry :)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good morning, fellow students! My name is Leah, and I'm an (untraditional/older) sophomore at The University of Memphis.

Right now I'm taking 4 classes (12 hours)- intro to Law and Jurisprudence, American Foreign Policy, Intro to Art, and Oral Communications.

I'm a political science major and plan to go on to law school in a couple of years.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm a biology major and doing pre-pharmacy. I'm also a transfer so I'm doing a lot of catching up. This is my Junior year. Currently I'm taking:

Statistics
    Calculus II
    Evolution
    a general Biology lab
    History of the US post-1877

Next semester will be:

General Microbiology
    Intro to Music
    Fundamentals of Biochemistry
    General Physics I
    Animal Physiology

And all the this is while working ~20 hours a week. O.O I may not survive.