What are you currently working on?

Options

Replies

• kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i just finished a kindergarten kit for my son and now i need to make a scarf for myself
  • Daymia
    Daymia Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just started knitting some waffle knit dishcloths for xmas gifts. Pretty generic, I know. Trying to get 15 done by Dec. 9!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just started knitting some waffle knit dishcloths for xmas gifts. Pretty generic, I know. Trying to get 15 done by Dec. 9!

I love those waffle dishclothes! I make those all the time. One year I made the for teacher gifts. I made them out of pretty colors and wrapped a nice bar of soap in each.
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I knitted a lot of dishcloths when I was first learning to knit. I don't do them much anymore. Well, to be honest, I haven't been knitting much at all lately but now that I have been exposed to different, softer yarns that dishcloth yarn is like knitting with twine. I have to make some more though because those are seriously THE BEST for cleaning dishes and countertops.

I also think they are a great, thoughtful gift paired with a hand soap.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea, humglum. Last year I put together goodie baskets with knitted xmas dishcloths, homemade caramel apple jam, jarred hot cocoa mix and marshmallows.

xmasbasket.jpg
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That is super cute! I love homemade gifts.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have 4 things currently being worked on and a few other things I want/need to do.

In the works:
    1) Pet bed
    2) Baby afghan
    3) Adult Afghan
    4) shell stitch scarf

Need/want to do:
    1) Pet afghan -- for my brothers dog
    2) hats & gloves/mittens for my kids
  • houzkat
    Options
    I'm currently working on a fun cabled scarf for myself. I should be working on a cowl my sister asked me to make (for the professional studio artist she works for......no pressure) but I'm procrastinating big time!
  • LysieMae
    LysieMae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a scarf for a christmas gift and a baby blanket for a baby shower for a friend of mine in December
  • ElyzahMoore
    ElyzahMoore Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am making this for my daughter is a periwinkle color: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/smock-jacket
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I hope this works as I've not used my flickr to post photos--I've only used photobucket.

Anywho... this is the beanie I made my hubby for hunting season.

5854216110_a00ba0d691.jpg

I have an afghan, shell stitch scarf, baby afghan & pet bed in the works atm with a couple other projects needing to get done.
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just finished a design for Summer12 issue of Crochet!

Waiting for yarn to arrive for item for Crochet World!

Making hats for a local charity. Mostly using up my scrap yarns and making the hats up as I go.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my main project is finishing 2 christmas stockings for my boys. they are about 5 foot tall. i need to get them done. i started them 2 years ago in november; they get brought out in november and put away in january. this year if they aren't done, i'm going to keep working on them until they are. :)

i finished one (at least the knitting part). whoot! whoot! still need to felt it and embellish it with embroidery. :) the other is only 1/4 of the way started. ugh.
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm making tons and TONS of hats. I made on for DD and put a pic on facebook, and now I have tons to make. People are buying them up, which is cool, but right now, I'm pretty sick of hats! I've made 6 so far, and have at least 6 more to go.

This minute though I'm taking a break from hat after hat after hat to make a photo prop set for my SIL. Her baby shower is Saturday, and I'm making a matching beanie with ears, diaper cover, booties and cocoon. Hope it turns out cute!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I am working on an intarsia scarf and I have been working on the dang thing FOREVER. I am so slow.

scarf1-1.jpg
  • Shannon4J
    Shannon4J Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lets see:

On the Needles:
    * Dishcloth KAL
    * Sweater for Charity
    * Preemie Hat for Charity
    * Dish scrubbie
    * Dishcloth

On the Hook:
    * Hair Scrunchies

Lots of projects getting ready to be started to finish up Christmas Gifts. :D

All my projects can be found on my ravelry account: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Shannon4J
    When I complete a project I always put a picture of it there. :D

God Bless,
    ~Shannon~
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am working on an intarsia scarf and I have been working on the dang thing FOREVER. I am so slow.

scarf1-1.jpg

That looks huge! How big is it? What a wonderful thing to get all snuggly with in the winter :smile:
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Working on the fish hat. I discovered there is also a crochet pattern. check it out: http://www.deadfishhat.com/
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Working on the fish hat. I discovered there is also a crochet pattern. check it out: http://www.deadfishhat.com/

That is too cute! I love fun hats :)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

scarf1-1.jpg

That looks huge! How big is it? What a wonderful thing to get all snuggly with in the winter :smile:

Each section of fringe is around 15 inches and right now the body is at 33 inches. The body should measure 50 inches before all is said and done, but I knit so tight that I don't think I'll have enough yarn to make it to 50 inches and then another 15 for the other side of the fringe. This was for my MIL for Christmas last year, at this point I just need to finish.