Introduce yourself!

Options
Go on, tell us a little about yourself.

I'm Ali , 27, and I live in a small town in Southeastern KY (Corbin). I work a lot and live a pretty busy lifestyle, but I'm definitely trying to get back to the healthier and more fit version of me that I was in the past (even just a few months ago).

I'm cheerful, friendly, and optimistic. =)

Replies

• MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Im Amanda Peavley! I am 23 and I am in college and still not sure what to major in. I live in Corbin as well and I have been married for almost 5 years! I currently work a drug rehab for women who live in ky/tn. I have always been overweight. (The biggest one in the family, church, class, and friends) I am now ready to loose the weight for good! I have lost 12lbs in 50 days!!! I have had my everyday struggles but many people on here who offer support have been really helpful. Food no longer controls me I control my food. I have a very long road ahead of me but I CAN DO IT!
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    My name is Kelli, 24, I live in the Pikeville area. I have been struggling with my weight for most of my life. With alot of work and some help from my doctor (I have PCOS), I have lost 46.2 lbs so far. I have about 100 more to lose. Everyone feel free to add me as a friend, I enjoy the support, and I like to help motivate others. :smile:
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im LeeAnn and I am 32 years old. I live about 30 minutes from Lexington. Married with 3 beautiful girls. I have always been chubby but now I have let it get out of control. I am just taking it day by day and I am glad to find fellow MFP friends who will get that me screen name really means GO BIG BLUE! Have a great day everyone!
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    GO BIG BLUE!

WOO!!! C-A-T-S! Cats! Cats! Cats! :happy:
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tami I am 34 and I live in a small town called Paris. II never had a weight problem until my first child, I too also have PCOS, and I just let myself get bigger and bigger. I have tried to lose weight many times with weight watchers, metabolife, and other crazy diets. This time I am doing it "right" and I started my journey January 13, 2011. I have lost 83 lbs, 25 till my goal. I am now running and have changed my whole life for the better. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tami!!:flowerforyou:
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!
    I forgot to mention that I too have PCOS, but other than trying to watch my weight on my own I haven't been treated by a physician for it in close to 6 years.

Hope everyone's doing well!
  • chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Eric and I live in Lexington and work for a Country Club as a cook. I started this journey at 274lbs and 115 days later, I dropped 50lbs. hope to see you all on here!!!! Loves and hugs <3

Eric
  • TLW77
    Options
    Hello Eric and congrats on losing 50 lbs!
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too! lol Oh and welcome everyone!
  • TLW77
    Options
    PCOS just seems so common now doesn't it? Or atleast a lot of women on here have it. Right now mine is pretty much under control with my losing weight.
  • philliprayprice33
    Options
    I'm Phil and I'm 40 years old and live in the northern ky area. I have been overweight probably since I got off of active duty(Army) in 1992. I'm happily married and my wife and I have found a wonderful woman by the name of Melody Hoppius who runs a boot camp fitness program in the area and we've been attending her classes since January and I'm happy to say that I'm knocking on the door of 199 lbs. Happy to find a ky based group on here even though everyone seems so far away, but positive encouragement helps even if its online. Everybody can feel free to add me to your friends list and let's all meet our goals in 2012!
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... I'm Bryan, for the past several years while serving in the military. During that time I constantly worked out. Yeah I felt better and stronger but never noticed any visual changes from my hard work. Then about 5 years ago, I began working in the nutritional supplement industry. That's when I discovered the missing component... The importance of nutrition. Once I was able to incorporate an good nutrition plan (not a diet) with an exercise program, the changes started coming. And one thing I learned in the military is that you help eachother. That is the only way to succeed. So if anybody has questions just hit me up.
  • kydogwalker
    kydogwalker Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Katherine, live in Lexington. I now work a desk job and have a boyfriend who eats and drinks a ton while staying skinny. I realized a need for some formal motivation and found MFP. I am looking for friends to stay on task and keep going over the long haul. Walking my dogs and tracking my calories are really helping.
  • maraj1
    maraj1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Mara, I just hit my halfway mark of 32 lbs. down and 30 to go... I could use a walking partner of some tips on the last half to success...
  • kydogwalker
    kydogwalker Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Mara, congradulations! That is awesome! I'm at about 25% now. Where in KY are you? If too far away, look online for a meetup group nearby. Another thing you can do is search for people on here based on miles from your zip code.
  • maraj1
    maraj1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello KYdogwalker,
    I live in Louisville, by the 2 malls, and wholefoods... my touchstones. I belong to a gym but it would be great to find a goal minded kindred spirit.

Thank you for getting back with me, and your lovely ideas " meetup meetings. My cat is my picture he is like a dog he will fetch and play catch with his mice.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My name is Eric and I also live in Lexington. Right now I'm in Afghanistan. Pursuing my physical fitness goals is what is keeping me sane. :)
  • imaginec
    imaginec Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am Connie and I live is a small town in western Ky called Murray. I love Ky. It is the best place I have ever lived and I have lived in quite a few towns. I am a single mom. Have a teenage daughter who keeps me on my toes. I lost 50 lbs and then regained it all back after I broke my leg and was down for almost a year. I am just now starting all over again to lose this weight cause now I have to have a knee replacement in the near future. Thinking the knee replacement will be easier if I lose this extra weight. Anyway, here I go again. I wish everyone well on their weight loss journey.