Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm Whitney. 24 years old. 100% female.

Back in the old days I RP'd on a message board type board thingger. It was an addiction that was only squelched when my home board shut down. Now I play RPG games on the computer and PS3. I enjoy the Dragon Age games, Final Fantasy, Persona, The Witcher, etc. I'm getting into the Heroes of Might and Magic games and I play LORTO, my first MMORPG! I love little big planet as well... who doesn't?!

I hope to lose 45 lbs (before re-evaluating) and I have lost almost 26 now (the official week's weigh in is tomorrow and so the ticker updates then!).

Walks on the beach are pretty awesome. Can't deny that.

IS there anything hotter then Geeky girls........When did girls start playing RPG's and what not.....lol Damn I am behind the times
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I'm Whitney. 24 years old. 100% female.

Back in the old days I RP'd on a message board type board thingger. It was an addiction that was only squelched when my home board shut down. Now I play RPG games on the computer and PS3. I enjoy the Dragon Age games, Final Fantasy, Persona, The Witcher, etc. I'm getting into the Heroes of Might and Magic games and I play LORTO, my first MMORPG! I love little big planet as well... who doesn't?!

I hope to lose 45 lbs (before re-evaluating) and I have lost almost 26 now (the official week's weigh in is tomorrow and so the ticker updates then!).

Walks on the beach are pretty awesome. Can't deny that.

IS there anything hotter then Geeky girls........When did girls start playing RPG's and what not.....lol Damn I am behind the times

You are behind! I know many females that kick butt in games like CoD/battlefield, etc!!!

LEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRROYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNS!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Chuck and I like to fuuu....umm.....wait wrong thread. LOL As you can See I am a 30 year old Kid in a mans body. I like to have fun and enjoy the good things in life. I started playing video games as a child....It started out like everyone else as a kid. Super Mario Brothers......Final Fight.....Street Fighter etc. Then I was introduced to Final Fantasy 7. By far the Greatest RPG Ever..... I was addicted to this game like no other game before. It really brought me into light about RPG's Through out college I played a few as well but as I got older I unfortunately haven't found time for it. My heart still wants to play but there are not a lot of hours in the day.

I am 6'2 and My starting weight was 295-300 and Now I am down to 247 ish. I do not really want to lose more weight but just want to tone up and build more muscle. I just dont want to be the Skinny kid. Want to be nice and muscular.

Also I do like long walks on the beach....I save dolphins....and I collect stamps LOL
  • MysticLiz
    MysticLiz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Who are you! My name is Elizabeth Castillo. I'm passionate about rock / metal music. I got into playing Rohan with my hubby for like 3 years now. I play to release stress from work. (I'm an accounts receivable executive for 6 yrs now) I love to party, go to rock concerts, meeting new people, exploring new bands, and I also enjoy being a housewife and mother to 2 beautiful girls.
    Age? I'm 31
    Female or male? Female
    MMORPG: Rohan Blood Fued, I have a level 76 mage who can kick *kitten* and so the moon walk at the same time lol jk
    What are your weightloss goals?! I've reached my goal this year. But my goal now is to maintain it.
    How many pounds have you lost? 105 and counting....
    Walk on the Beach? YES! many and pina coladas and all that jazz....lol
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm Meg, a 30 year old female that has pretty much gamed all my life. I love D&D and table top when I have time, but right now its not possible. My husband and I actually met due to my WoW addiction. I prefer RPG to anything as I always have. I was a guild officer/raid leader/MT in WoW until I honestly got bored with the new system and just didn't enjoy it anymore. I'm gameless right since I'm impatiently awaiting SWTOR and Diablo III. Torchlight 2 will fill the void for a bit if it would only hurry up!
    My weight loss goal is to get to a healthy BMI and not break into a sweat/hyperventilate walking up a bunch of stairs. I've lost 2lbs with MFP and 8 since I started my journey.
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

A bit off topic, but please tell me I'm not the only nerd that still loves the old school Sierra Adventure games like King's Quest and Quest for Glory.......

I was reminiscing about King's Quest just last week! That and duke nukem were my first games.
  • neolithicmoon
    neolithicmoon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Body things: My name is Alysen and I am 5'2", kicking it at 219lbs. My heaviest was 250, but Roller Derby knocked about 20 lbs off. After I had my son (last year) , I got serious about my health and here I am. :)

Geek things: I will play *anything*! I owned a computer gaming LAN business in the early ,00's when counter strike and unreal were big. I have run a 50 person Vampire LARP and kept it going for almost 10 years (mostly from '96 to '07. I have attempted boffer style larps but I'm just not that good at it. Oh, and my husband and I play lots of table top RP games when we get the opportunity. We're really into the Fate/Diaspora system right now, and have begun negotiations for building and painting a 40K army together. We'll see.
    It's nice to meet everyone!11767142.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hiya nerds! I'm Reanna, 32, married, mom of 4, college educated.....etc, blah, blah, blah.

Favorite things are photography - mostly nature or macro shots of insects, knitting, painting, reading, music, traveling, hiking, movies, and gaming. I prefer FPS over RPG but I'll give most things a chance. I play mostly Call of Duty at the moment.

I don't LARP. I do enjoy long walks on the beach and being on the beach at night. I've lost about 60+ pounds since January of 2010. I still could stand to drop a good 30 lbs or so.
  • RaKlavin
    Options
    Well, I'm Rob, 37 years old. I've been in the Navy for almost 19 years and have been by 'standards' overweight for about 10 of 'em. I can usually squeeze in the right weight when I need to. I'm on here because of my Wife and because I don't want to be in the 190's at 5'9' anymore, and I don't want to have to worry about my readiness tests either.

I wouldn't lay claim to being a hardcore gamer, but I can WoW all day long with the rest of 'em. Like other stuff too, RPG's (just picked up Skyrim), Train Simulators (though I prefer the gaming experience of the Sid Meier versions... he really needs to make another one.), and other types... not to big into the FPS though, just never got into 'em.

I have not idea what LARP is, so I'm pretty sure I don't.

So ultimately, I would like to be healthy again. I would love to be able to comfortably fit back into size 32 jeans without having to worry about my belly hanging all over my belt buckle. And when it's time I want to leave the Navy in as good shape, if not better as when I came in. I'm looking really about 35lbs in all, of which I've only gotten a couple knocked out, but I've been bad on my goals recently too.

And it really has been a long time since I've gotten in a good walk on the beach, but If I had one near by, I'm certain all that walking would help with my weight loss... :)
  • boydsterk
    boydsterk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm Katy, I'm 23 years old. I've been a huge gamer since I was a wee little kid. I'm a Microsoft fan girl, and I just recently picked up Skyrim and MW3. I love the Fable series and Dragon Age though! I play competetively in FPS's and TPS's. Gears of War series is one of my favorite game series of all time.

I'm trying to get down to about 135lbs. I had lost 4lbs - but life got kinda hectic for a few days and I gained it back.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Katie and I'm 23 years old. I'm female last time I checked. I'm a PC gamer by heart and started out with the Heroes of Might and Magic series if anyone remembers those. They still produce games and I have played all except the recent release because I keep forgetting about it. I guess that comes from lots of homework. I mostly prefer games based off classic DND and I don't really care for space/modern style. I am mostly experienced with MMOs and started when I was 12 years old in 7th grade on Everquest 1. I actually successfully raided and leveled all sorts of characters. I currently play world of warcraft of course as we all do someway or another and have a few characters. For offline games I like the Fable series as well and Oblivion type games. Yes... I need to buy Skyrim but finances say otherwise! I just bought two games for 120 so have to lay low for a bit lol.

I used to raid heavily as well, never that good but still it took up 20+ hours of my life a week if you include dailies. That has fallen away due to focusing more on school and I feel that it holds me back from time with my husband (he does not raid) and also just from other outdoor activities. I REALLY MISS it but the cons outweigh the pros so I'm leveling up tons of characters at the moment. My goal ultimately is to be in the middle of the healthy BMI (ALMOST THERE!) and I've lost a whopping 46 lbs which is absolutely ridiculous! I never thought I could gain that much weight let alone lose it.

As far as LARP goes I've only done it as a kid in my backyard. A LOT. I've never done it with strangers but am not at all against it. I just haven't had the chance to get into it.

And I actually prefer walks in teh mountains!
  • david581c
    Options
    David
    Male
    RP? only when I'm drunk
    LARP?I used to know what this meant.
    What are your weightloss goals?! lose 30lbs.
    How many pounds have you lost? damn, I've gained some.
    Walk on the Beach? more like skyrim all day.

I'm here to lose weight, though I'm also a game nerd. If you have a place in your budget for "games" you're a nerd.
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    My name is Bethany, I've recently become a Stay at Home Mom, which does not allow a whole lot of time for gaming to my chagrin.
    I'm 32, female, and I use my X-Box more now for Pause-n-Go games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fable, and Hitman. But I still miss my WoW days of logging hours at my PC. I played WOW for years, and I even continued for a few months after having my daughter, once I figured out how to B-Feed at the keyboard. Haha!

I want to get out of the obese range, and down to 160 pounds by my birthday at the end of March. That's 45 pounds in 5 months. But I also want to be able to run 1 mile without stopping, and eventually be able to hike/walk to the Timpanogos caves without stopping. :) So to help with those goals I signed up for a Warriors Dash in Arizona 2012. OMG, I'm so exci... scared.

To date, I've only lost about 10-15 pounds from my highest non-pregnant weight. so I'm 25% of the way to 160.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My name is Bethany, I've recently become a Stay at Home Mom, which does not allow a whole lot of time for gaming to my chagrin.

I know, right? You'd think that being home all day we'd get to play more. :laugh:
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Stephanie. I am a 29 year old female. I played WOW for a couple of years and then got bored so I have been trying out Eve for the last couple of months, I also play SCII along side both of those and I just picked up Skyrim which I can't wait to start. I am currently at 172lbs with 22lbs lost and my goal is currently set to 140 but really a healthy BMI and tone up and i will be happy.

I have been trying to make the hour drive to walk on the beach at least once a week! It is great 'cause I will walk for a couple of hours instead of 20 minutes since i have to actually work to get there. :)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm Kellie and I'm 38. I'm a WOW addict. Well, I was, until Cata. I'm assuming I will be again when MoP is released. I'm currently enjoying watching my husband play Skyrim and contemplating it myself. My starting weight was 244 lbs and I've lost over 50 of the 100 lb goal I've set for myself. I workout a ton, now, but still find time for gaming.
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    What are your weightloss goals?!
    How many pounds have you lost?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

Hi! Name is Michiko. I am a 44 year old female. Right now game of choice is Rift. Was an avid WoW player for 6 years. Have played LOTR, Aion, Warhammer, Dark of Age of Conan, Guild Wars, EQ2 and DND.

My start goal for weight loss was 70 lbs. To date I have lost 52 pounds. Only 18 more to go! And yes I love to walk on the beach but unfortunately I live in a landlocked state! LOL
  • marasw
    marasw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm Emily! I'm 26, I like all types of games...console, PC, MMO, tabletop RPG, TCG... Anyway I started out having 80 pounds to lose and I lost 40, then gained 10, then joined this site and have 50 more to go. I'm a cosplayer so my main motivation for losing weight is to look good in my costumes, nerdy as that may be. Nice to meet you :3
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Wow there are a lot of us... HI NERDS.

Who are you! Tameko!
    Age? 29
    Female or male? Female
    RP? No thank you!
    LARP? Oh dear, no.
    What are your weightloss goals?! I've got another 20 lbs of FAT to lose before I reevaluate (bodyfat 20% is my goal,
    should be around 20lbs of fat loss and probably 25 lbs total)
    How many pounds have you lost? 33! or 43 but the first 10 were due to being unbelievably sick for 10 days so I dunno if that counts.
    Walk on the Beach? Hopefully next time I go allll the way to the beach (15 whole minutes!?) I will run on it.

Um lets see. I played a lot of original halo with my college boyfriend but kind of fell out of FPS after that. Played a million MMOs for a little while and still playing the master of cashgrabs World of Warcraft. Already got Diablo 3 coming to me (when it releases...). Played all the Final Fantasy/Shadow Hearts/Kingdom Hearts type RPGs until the last 3-4 years when I just no longer have the patience.

Currently playing New Game + of Bastion (great little Indie game) - played Torchlight until I wanted to throw up on it and finally beat it.

I have played COMPETITIVE Magic the Gathering which ranks me only one level below LARPers in terms of ultimate nerddom and my boyfriend is a huge board game nerd so we own all the big ones (Dominion, Settlers/Starfarers, Puerto Rico, etc).

Currently the video game that probably gets the largest number of my hours (after wow) is Dance Central 2 for the Kinect. (DC/DC2 are hands down teh best workout games ever)
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Wow there are a lot of us... HI NERDS.

Who are you! Tameko!
    Age? 29
    Female or male? Female
    RP? No thank you!
    LARP? Oh dear, no.
    What are your weightloss goals?! I've got another 20 lbs of FAT to lose before I reevaluate (bodyfat 20% is my goal,
    should be around 20lbs of fat loss and probably 25 lbs total)
    How many pounds have you lost? 33! or 43 but the first 10 were due to being unbelievably sick for 10 days so I dunno if that counts.
    Walk on the Beach? Hopefully next time I go allll the way to the beach (15 whole minutes!?) I will run on it.

Um lets see. I played a lot of original halo with my college boyfriend but kind of fell out of FPS after that. Played a million MMOs for a little while and still playing the master of cashgrabs World of Warcraft. Already got Diablo 3 coming to me (when it releases...). Played all the Final Fantasy/Shadow Hearts/Kingdom Hearts type RPGs until the last 3-4 years when I just no longer have the patience.

Currently playing New Game + of Bastion (great little Indie game) - played Torchlight until I wanted to throw up on it and finally beat it.

I have played COMPETITIVE Magic the Gathering which ranks me only one level below LARPers in terms of ultimate nerddom and my boyfriend is a huge board game nerd so we own all the big ones (Dominion, Settlers/Starfarers, Puerto Rico, etc).

Currently the video game that probably gets the largest number of my hours (after wow) is Dance Central 2 for the Kinect. (DC/DC2 are hands down teh best workout games ever)
    Yay! Another Magic nerd! I traded WoW for magic. It's slightly less debilitating since you have to see people in real life and move around, at least a little.