Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaws!
    It has been a really crazy week for me, and the next two weeks are only going to be crazier :)

November week 2 check in:
    weight: 151.2 (down 2.4 :) )
    house points: 397

OWLs: total- 12
    exercise 6
    food 4
    spirit 2
  • DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Hey guys,

Im posting this while waiting for my flight -_- Just found out that im sent to do an interview last night and got a backpack tossed at me. I loveeeee me job. ><

My weekly weigh-in:

Pounds: 122.5
    House Points: 225
    Exercise Owls: 5
    Food Owls: 3
    Spirit Owls: 3

Have a good week guys :)
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... been having trouble eating my calories this weekend. Saturday we went to that hibachi place and I saved calories for the meal, but forgot to eat dinner. Tonight I was working on a research paper and it got too late to get food. I had dinner, but only ate about 1000 calories. I just need to get back on schedule so my body doesn't think im starving.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Am weighing in at 104 Ibs have had a really crap last week and it's turning out to be the same this week so am not sure how many OWLS and house points I got last week. :(
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw and happy monday. why do the weekends go so fast?? i even had a 3 day weekend and can't believe it's monday already. doing well so far being back on track...hope it continues as the work week starts. have a great day everyone!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Scarlettdawn764, Congratulations on your engagement.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I was starting to feel down on myself about slacking off on the walking and not making progress on my weight loss. Thank you everyone for posting, because it is sounding like many of us are in the same boat. In fact, this morning I'm posting this in bed with my cats and laptop. It must look funny. But really, all I want to do this time of year is sleep.

no change in weight this week. 184.2 lbs.
    2 Owls
    120 house points
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone on the engagement congrats. :flowerforyou: It's nice to be with someone who doesn't stress me out so much that I eat just to have something to do. First time in my life. And he's so supportive of my weightloss journey. It makes it so much easier :bigsmile:

I'm trying to get back on track with everything today. However one day of success doesn't get me back on track so hopefully I can stick with it!
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Scarlett on your engagement!

Here is my check in for the past week. I was really tired and fell asleep really early last night, so my weigh-in this morning is probably a little skewed. I had a decent week for the most part.

Weight: 241.8
    OWLS: 6 (4 food, 2 spirit)
    House Points: 215

My OWL goals for this week are to be under my sodium limit for food (I really struggle with this!), and to do my P90 MS workout every day without missing one.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    hey ravenclaws! i hope everyone's having a great day and sticking to their goals!
    i just readjusted my carbs/protein/fats percentages to try something new, so i gotta go get some protein supplements to meet my new protein goal!
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    hey ravenclaws! i hope everyone's having a great day and sticking to their goals!
    i just readjusted my carbs/protein/fats percentages to try something new, so i gotta go get some protein supplements to meet my new protein goal!

I have 1-2 protein shakes pretty much every day. Feel free to look at my log if you need any ideas!
  • kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well, my goal for November has been 141. I'm not sure if I'm going to make that right now though.

My best friend, who lives three hours away and I had not seen in two months, came to visit last weekend, and naturally this involved lots of eating out and late night girl talks involving chocolate and dr. pepper...

My scale is now telling me I've gained three pounds over the last three days, and even though I KNOW i was eating more than I should... I was not eating that much. I'm hoping some of this is water retention from the extra sodium/fat/sodas/dehydration... Anyway, logging my current weight will send me running to the freezer and into the comforting embrace of Ben & Jerry.. so I'm going to delay logging until mid week or next weekend and hopefully be back to where I was Friday morning.

So, after that long explanation, if it is OK, I would like to stay with last week's weigh in, 144, for this week.
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Morning Ravenclaws!

I'm going shopping today and was wondering if people had preferences for meat substitutes. I've added fish to the week, but last week we struck ojt with salmon- man that's a lot of calories. I thought I'd try others, but am not quite sure what would be good. Also thought about using eggplant instead of meat for a meal... is that hard to cook? Is it any good?

Thanks for the input!

Also have been dying for curry. I wonder how many calories that is...
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Eggplant is a wonderful substitute in Italian cooking! I LOVE it! And no, it is not hard to cook at all! My favorite is eggplant parmasean, which is very simple and very very healthy (if you don't fry it and bake it instead)
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    (double post)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Morning Ravenclaws!

I'm going shopping today and was wondering if people had preferences for meat substitutes. I've added fish to the week, but last week we struck ojt with salmon- man that's a lot of calories. I thought I'd try others, but am not quite sure what would be good. Also thought about using eggplant instead of meat for a meal... is that hard to cook? Is it any good?

Thanks for the input!

I eat salmon all the time - its my favorite fish! How did you cook it? I either bake or broil mine and stick with a 3 - 4 oz serving size. White fish, like tilapia, is lower fat and calories - also very good. We eat chicken A LOT. As with anything, you just need to make sure you watch your portions. And including lots of veggies for the rest of the meal will keep the overall calories down.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am sad to say that I have done a really poor job of tracking anything this week. I might be in the same slump everyone else fell into (ack), but I'm determined to be good again this week.

Here are the numbers that I do have at least:

Weigh-in: 233 (yay!)
    OWLs (unknown)
    HPs: 178

As for my challenges:
    Food: No snacking after work (I get off work really late, and it's a bad habit) -- my only exception is veggies
    Exercise: 30 minutes every day (normally only do 20 at most lately, so I'd like to do a little more again)
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    Morning Ravenclaws!

Thanks for the input!

we've been enjoying tilapia lately. lower in calories and fat than salmon (though i really love salmon also). easy and fast to prepare.
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Checking in! I earned my exercise owl yesterday with a 400 calorie treadmill burn. :):):)
  • the_accountinator
    Options
    Checking in tonight at 279.6 and 90 house points. Crazy week and still busy! But that's life : )