Week 4!

Options
stephabef
stephabef Posts: 936 Member
Anyone else on it? I have my second day of week 4 tomorrow, and I'm feeling EXCELLENT. I do wish there was more level ground near me, though. I feel like I'm always going up or downhill.

Replies

• mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4, finished day 2 yesterday. It killed me this time though. Had a massive lunch which was a really bad idea before a run.

One more to go though and then onto week 5 whoop whoop
  • stephabef
    Options
    Right on! I'm loving it. I already feel so powerful.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i just completed day three wednesday, i think this is the first week that has got me sweating, even though the previous weeks i have been breathless!
  • stephabef
    Options
    Day 3 at 6am, wish me luck! And I agree - I'm sweating a lot despite the cold! I love it, even though it's still rough getting out the door when it's 30 degrees out.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 4 tomorrow.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Howdy C25K'ers.

I've been through the C25K before, but fell off the wagon doe to a knee injury. After cycling about 1400 miles over the summer and dropping some weight, I figured I'd jump back into running, since cold weather's on teh way and for me, it's easier to run in the cold than bike in the cold.

Anyhow, I'm in W4 now. I skipped right into W3 when I started again, because W1 and W2 didn't leave me feeling like I'd had enough of a workout.

Like one of the previous posters, I'm in a hilly area. How do I handle that? Easy. Run uphill first, so if I get gassed, it's downhill all the way home. :)

Keep on keeping on, runners!
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4 today! And excited about it! :)
  • qtpie99
    qtpie99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think the hills will just make you stronger. Just do your best. I try looking down at the ground when I'm going uphill and before I know it it's over.
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Be careful on the hills, they can make you lose a toenail if your not careful.
  • stephabef
    Options
    I heard level ground is better for building muscle/weight loss - is this totally wrong? Apparently hills are ideal if you're doing a program to bulk up. Just curious about the validity, because I've been going by that, and perhaps I shouldn't!
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    How many bulky distance runners do you know?

I think hills are great. Sure, they hurt going up, but it's a great way to push yourself. The reward is the easy trip back down.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Started week 4 yesterday - going for day 2 today. The last 5 minute stretch was tough, but I think that's more mental than anything because I feel great today!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I am finding the first 5 minute run tougher than the last one - it really burns my calf muscles but then the second one I guess I'm all loose and stuff and I do fine.

We're doing 4 days of week 4 (well I am) because my BF skipped one soooo i'll be on this thread for a bit.
  • stephabef
    Options
    How many bulky distance runners do you know?

I think hills are great. Sure, they hurt going up, but it's a great way to push yourself. The reward is the easy trip back down.

To be honest, I don't really know any runners at all. That's why I'm in this group! My friends all oooo and aaahh that I get up every morning and do it, but I'm hoping maybe I'll convince some of 'em to try it out, too.
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    hi im loving week 4, who would have thopught id be running 5mins at a time?
    i must confess though i spend longer then a week on each stage, i do it for anywhere between 2 & 3 weeks, i know naughty but hey im enjoying it.

What i like the most is the intervals component

Have fun on your run(:
  • kittynat
    kittynat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just done my first run of week 4 - I tend to to my first run of the week on a tredmill so I know where I am at, but i have been finding that the timings are a bit off on the NHS C25K but that is ok.

Well done all - just hope that I can keep going and run for the whole 30 mins at the end!
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    I start W4D1 Sunday.......

This is the first week that I havent pre listened to the podcast.. so im not aware of the run timings breakdown.....

I see someone's mentioned 5minutes... EEEEK!!!! F I V E ......
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 4 tonight! I accidentally peaked at Week 5... :noway:

Just gonna feel good about getting through Week 4 for now and try not to think about what I saw. :drinker:
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Just did my W4D2 training yesterday... i was having cold feet because of the 5 minute interval i have to do... but I pulled it through... looking forward my next training tomorrow....

11362602.png
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Did week 4 day 1 in my lunch break. 5 minutes is a challenge but I got there. I've had to retreat indoors and use a treadmill as the weather is warming up in Oz (30 degrees is TOO WARM for this runner!)