Challenge!

Replies

• LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Hi All!

I've been waiting for the new challenge to begin. I'm super excited. I just added my name to the spreadsheet. I sure hope I'll do this correctly. =D
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Okay, so I can do over 300 crunches (wow!) but that gets boring. We're only competing against ourselves, correct? If that's the case then I'm going to do pilate situps for this challenge.
  • To be honest - I can't say I love the push up/sit up challenge... I love the besting ourselves idea, but a lot of my workout DVDs already include push ups and sit ups in them...don't really want to do my 20 minute ab video followed by doing more sit ups and push ups. Obviously I am only one opinion, but may I suggest that the new challenge be to best yourself last month... some people here talk about stuggle with water, others with stuggles of working out... what is we just made the goal improving on last month by 5%... if you averaged 40 cups of water a week in the challenge, then this month needs to be 42. If you averaged 140 mins per week of working out then you need to average 147? It isn't a perfect idea... but it is something.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Okay, so I can do over 300 crunches (wow!) but that gets boring. We're only competing against ourselves, correct? If that's the case then I'm going to do pilate situps for this challenge.

I could imagine that could get boring, lol. As stated earlier, accommodations are just fine. If you rather do pilate situps than regular situps or crunches that you were doing is just fine. :happy:
  • L2M1D52
    To be honest - I can't say I love the push up/sit up challenge... I love the besting ourselves idea, but a lot of my workout DVDs already include push ups and sit ups in them...don't really want to do my 20 minute ab video followed by doing more sit ups and push ups. Obviously I am only one opinion, but may I suggest that the new challenge be to best yourself last month... some people here talk about stuggle with water, others with stuggles of working out... what is we just made the goal improving on last month by 5%... if you averaged 40 cups of water a week in the challenge, then this month needs to be 42. If you averaged 140 mins per week of working out then you need to average 147? It isn't a perfect idea... but it is something.

Sorry you aren’t a fan of the current challenge. :frown: Luckily this challenge will only last two weeks. Have you thought of counting the situps and pushups already incorporated in your dvd and add one more pushup and situp while doing the dvd and counting that instead of doing a separate session? As always, before the current challenge ends we ask for anyone's opinions before the new challenge is decided. :happy: Do you have a new idea you'd like to see in two weeks or you like the exercise and water challenge? We just like to change it up to something new so people won't be bored. It's only our third challenge so we are always open for new ideas. :bigsmile:
  • L2M1D52
    Hi All!

I've been waiting for the new challenge to begin. I'm super excited. I just added my name to the spreadsheet. I sure hope I'll do this correctly. =D

Glad you are excited! Looks like you're all squared away on the spreadsheet! :happy:
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Hi Guys!!!

Regarding the challenge...just a few pointers...

I know some of you are old hands at this, so it'll not be news, but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew what they were doing..

Ok re. sit-ups/crunches. When doing them please make sure you are (as Jillian says) sticking your belly button to your spine when doing them. If not, you'll end up with strong abs anyway, but you can get a bit of a pooch where the muscles are being pushed up and out. So please, make sure you're pulling muscles in to your back when doing them. Also, make sure when cruching that you are looking at the ceiling...for the sake of avoiding sore necks.

lttee - if you are getting bored (and 300 is awesome btw) modify and challenge yourself. How many seconds can you plank for? How many cycling crunches can you do? How many heel taps can you do (holding legs straight together and raising them up and down)? Don't stick with something that you can do with ease, as I said, challenge yourself. This is a 'Can I do better?' challenge, you are fighting against yourself so pick a tummy move you are new to or you know challenges you and go with that.

Re. push-ups. No hurting yourselves please. I can only do the 'lady' type push-ups with knees on the floor. I might try and build up to being on my feet, I'll see how it goes...and this is really the crux of the challenge. Modify it, make sure it's safe and challenge yourself. Even if it's a case of doing a half push-up against the seat of the sofa, that's cool. (Please make sure sofa is not on wheels).

I don't care if you can manage one push-up and two crunches. If that is more than before then that really is something to celebrate!!!! Big numbers are great...but so are the small ones. In fact, the small ones are the best, because they are the small steps we all take that lead us on to bigger journeys. The starting point has to be somewhere. So even if you've never done a crunch before in your life...do one, log it and then do better.

This challenge is about you V's you. Not anyone else. And it's only a fortnight - so COME ON ALL YOU LOVELY SHORTIES!!!!
  • hello everyone.....just asking....have you considered a walking challenge???? log time/distance on the first one and see how you can improve on that.....fabulous way to lose weight!!! :)

just a thought!!

have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Oh no - I am a dirty quitter!!!!!!

Can't stick to this challenge I am avoiding it like the plague! :frown:
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Yay - Just joined my first challenge with the group - I was a week late, but I'll still jump right in :) Thanks for offering these!
  • L2M1D52
    Hey guys,
    If you're in the challenge don't forget to put in your numbers by the end of today.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'm late! But I've actually been doing daily pushups for a challenge at another group so I will add the number of pushups if I remember (it was 50 a day but I can't do all of them at once yet...) and I will start with crunches tomorrow I guess. :)
  • L2M1D52
    Hey everyone!

If you are in the challenge, don't forget to post your numbers. We will have a new challenge starting up soon. It's been busy with the holidays, family, work, and other responsibilities so bear with us. Does anyone have any suggestions for a new challenge? Let us know if you do. Thanks!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    are there any new challenges im better when i have motivation , maybe if a challenge i will have something to push for
  • L2M1D52
    are there any new challenges im better when i have motivation , maybe if a challenge i will have something to push for

We just completed one yesterday. Do you have any ideas for a new challenge? You are more than welcome to give some ideas.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member

We just completed one yesterday. Do you have any ideas for a new challenge? You are more than welcome to give some ideas.

How about doing a certain number of jumping jacks or just an overall number of minutes of exercise during the week? (I would say like 30 minutes each day but sometimes we get so busy that doesn't happen so if we say overall like 180 minutes (30 minutes, 6 days) then if we miss a day we can do extra the rest of the week.

I have daily/weekly workout challenges in three...four? other groups and most of them so far are a certain number of squats/jumping jacks/pushups/crunches, etc. and some of them are having to do a certain routine of those things (ex: 40 jumping jacks, 30 crunches, 20 lunges, 10 pushups, repeat). There are also things on Pinterest like that that would maybe be fun to use for challenges?
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    yeah i say maybe like you said jumping jacks or sit ups and keep adding em on each day ... maybe??? something lol
  • L2M1D52
    The new challenge has been posted on the first page, top post of this thread. Spread the word. As always, you are more than welcome to add new ideas to keep the group interesting. This new challenge is only a week, so we will need a new one soon. Thanks!!:happy:
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Ok this challenge I promise to give a much better go than the last one! I can resist sweets (I think I can I think I can I think I can...) and the 30 min walk everyday....well I'm going to attemp that BEFORE WORK which means up earlier. Hang on, that is a challenge in iteself yeah? Lol
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    This is a very challenging challenge for me. >.<

I'm a sucker for sweets. No pun intended :P

I *need* to do this, though. I've been consuming way too much sugar. I'm going to try very hard even though TOM might derail me.