13»

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! Good luck with week 4!
  • Tani316
    Options
    My friend found this program online one day and talked me into it. I've always wanted to be able to run a mile without dying but the best I ever did was to barely make it once around the track.

Secretly shocked I haven't bailed on this program already but maybe I'll be able to stick it out by reading about everyone else's experiences.

I'll start week 3 next week and have been overly concerned about running 3minutes straight ever since. What usually happens when I'm anticipating a struggle is I slow my runs and walks down to save my strength so I can finish the session. Is this a good idea?

Is day 3 of every week the hardest or is it just because I'm a beginning runner?
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Good job sticking to it Tani! Week 3 is not as scary as I thought. I found that in W2D2 I was worried about W3! It wasn't easy, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought. From what I've read going from W6 to W7 is a big jump. Good luck you can do this, make sure you come back here and tell us all about it.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Finished W3 today and I did an extra 90 second run at the end again! Moving on to W4, very excited and apprehensive. Good luck to everyone coming into W3, you can do it.
  • shydaisi
    Options
    My friend found this program online one day and talked me into it. I've always wanted to be able to run a mile without dying but the best I ever did was to barely make it once around the track.

Secretly shocked I haven't bailed on this program already but maybe I'll be able to stick it out by reading about everyone else's experiences.

I'll start week 3 next week and have been overly concerned about running 3minutes straight ever since. What usually happens when I'm anticipating a struggle is I slow my runs and walks down to save my strength so I can finish the session. Is this a good idea?

Is day 3 of every week the hardest or is it just because I'm a beginning runner?

Slowing down is just fine. The program was created to increase your endurance. Don't focus on speed - it will come naturally as your body becomes more acclimated to running.

I often find day 3 to be harder than 1 or 2. I think part of it is that I have 2 off days prior to day 1, but only one between the other days. However, I generally am able to move to the next level each week. At least that was the case when I attempted the program before (I made it through W5D1). I am hoping that is the case as I move up each week this time as well.

I also found that if I don't control my breathing, it is much more difficult to finish the runs.
  • Tani316
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!

I appreciate your feedback so much! I'm going to work on controlling my breathing and speed and summon some extra umph! before I start to get through my runs.

If, no when I get through this first day of 3 minute runs I promise to do a little victory dance, or pass out right there on the track. Either way I'll be smiling :wink:
  • Tani316
    Options
    W3D1 Completed

Somehow I made it! I was breathing so hard when I finished my last run I had to will myself to keep walking. But I stuck it out and after my final 3 minute walk I ran another 90 seconds. So proud!!! May or may not have scared a few strangers with my dancing :blushing:
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    W3D1 Completed

Somehow I made it! I was breathing so hard when I finished my last run I had to will myself to keep walking. But I stuck it out and after my final 3 minute walk I ran another 90 seconds. So proud!!! May or may not have scared a few strangers with my dancing :blushing:

YAY!!! :bigsmile: That's fantastic!! I'm right behind you and have been dreading W3. Keep it up!
  • shydaisi
    Options
    W3D1 complete!!!!! The entire run went well. The first 3-minute run (the second run of the session) went by so quickly, I was surprised when it was time to stop. The second half of the last run was more difficult to do, but I did it!!! I have found that breathing is the key for me. If I don't control it and make it a "steady in, steady out" kind of breathing, I lose my stamina. Looking forward to day two on Wednesday!
  • shydaisi
    Options
    W3D1 Completed

Way to go!!!! I am so glad you stuck in there!
  • shydaisi
    Options
    Looking forward to W3D2 today!!! How is everyone doing with their runs this week?
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY made it over here to W3. I got 2 days behind because my husband wanted to do this with me so I repeated 2 days of W1 and then for some reason, I wasn't paying attention 2 days ago and repeated W2D3 :blushing: (I guess it was Thanksgiving and I was thinking of other things) I was surprised, the 3 minute runs were very easy, which could have something to do with me repeating so much of the prior weeks.

How are the rest of you doing?
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Starting W3D1 tomorrow. Let myself get a little overwhelmed with the short work week, festivities and some projects that I should have put off for another time. I am not quitter though so while I may be a day late and a dollar short I am still here:wink:
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Starting W3 today. :) I'm remembering a time when I could run 10 mins or so with ease and I am amazed that last week I was breathing pretty heavy when I ran 1.5 mins. Although, I do also remember that my lungs and heart caught up much faster than my legs did. So, I am looking forward to noticing my fitness improving from week to week. :happy: