Being Single SUCKS because...

Options

Replies

• BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have to be cautious of anyone I bring around my kid. So I have just decided to stay single until he is older.
    I miss being married. Happy times of course. I don't miss the bull$hit he made me deal with. I would rather be single any day than live with that!
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my time alone! I am always suspicious of women and their motives. Mainly due to the fact that I have my own home, vehicles and am not to awful bad on the eyes.

Where are you again??? I own my home, drive a Lexus, have a decent job.......

I can't find a guy with a job period!!!!!

Ditto! Same for me exactly!
  • JThomas61
    Options
    I spend most of my time alone! I am always suspicious of women and their motives. Mainly due to the fact that I have my own home, vehicles and am not to awful bad on the eyes.

Where are you again??? I own my home, drive a Lexus, have a decent job.......

I can't find a guy with a job period!!!!!

I am in Wichita Falls, Tx...I am retired military and have 3 incomes and a job!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Feeling lonely and bored. Wanting to go out but having no one to go with. Yeah... that.

This plus...I dont come around too many guys who only want to talk to me for my outside appearance and then when they find how different, intelligent, and unique I am... I scare them away...Single sucks because the men I come across are only after the physical appearance... :/
  • JThomas61
    Options
    Feeling lonely and bored. Wanting to go out but having no one to go with. Yeah... that.

This plus...I dont come around too many guys who only want to talk to me for my outside appearance and then when they find how different, intelligent, and unique I am... I scare them away...Single sucks because the men I come across are only after the physical appearance... :/

I know, now the women never want me for my mind, it is very depressing. :)
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    What sux is not having someone to have sex with everyday! Like one of you said, "batteries only go so far" and my hand also. I think I'm getting carpal tunnel!
  • n3wlif3styl3
    Options
    ...um...actually it doesnt?
    Let me see - I leave for work, the house is still clean when I get home. No dirty sox on the floor
    Can take a bath for hours if I want with no one banging on the door
    Can eat pretzels for dinner if that's what appeals
    Can spend the day in my PJ's and no one calls me lazy
    Companionship - I have some incredible friends. Sex? Yeah OK that part does kind of suck, but really, the rest of life...I dunno if I'd ever change back!!

but if you're in love you wouldn't think about the small things like how clean your house is
    you could take a bath together for hours
    you wouldn't care what you were eating for dinner as long as you were together
    you could lay in bed all day together while wearing pjs
    your friends can't cuddle you and tell you how much they love you (well maybe they can.. haha )

^yeah I am a romantic and I have never been in a serious relationship so I know this might seem crazy...but it is what I imagine a relationship would be like. and that's why it sucks to be single.. especially this season because it's starting to get cold and there is no one to cuddle with by the fire place (other than my close girl friends but that's NOT THE SAME)
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think the thing i really miss the most is having someone to curl up against at night as I go to sleep. I miss that.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    all your friends suddenly become matchmakers, and swear they have the perfect person for you
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    ...um...actually it doesnt?
    Let me see - I leave for work, the house is still clean when I get home. No dirty sox on the floor
    Can take a bath for hours if I want with no one banging on the door
    Can eat pretzels for dinner if that's what appeals
    Can spend the day in my PJ's and no one calls me lazy
    Companionship - I have some incredible friends. Sex? Yeah OK that part does kind of suck, but really, the rest of life...I dunno if I'd ever change back!!

I agree with most of this. Being single does allow a lot of freedom. But it gets lonely. And I'm already not a people person, so that makes it much worse. I know I don't want to spend the rest of my life single. I just need to take care of some things before I start looking.
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Sadly, I've never really not been single. I've dated off and on but never really had anything long term. I see friends/family with their significant others and how they interact with each other all the time. I find myself wanting and wishing for that. I'd like to have someone to be a companion and to share just daily life.

Plus I'd like someone to go to movies, concerts and shows with. It gets a little bit embarassing saying "One ticket please".
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I've never really not been single. I've dated off and on but never really had anything long term. I see friends/family with their significant others and how they interact with each other all the time. I find myself wanting and wishing for that. I'd like to have someone to be a companion and to share just daily life.

Plus I'd like someone to go to movies, concerts and shows with. It gets a little bit embarassing saying "One ticket please".

Ugh. I know. Especially when they ask you again like they couldn't believe their ears the first time. Or you get a table for one and they put down two menus because they assume someone is joining you.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    it sucks because you have no one to celebrate the little things in life with. A cup of coffee, a walk, reading the paper together, just little things. A lot of little things grows into a big thing, and the big thing is what we are all looking for

This definitely.

I miss having someone to share all the small things with and just having someone to talk to about nothing and anything...
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    there are worse things than being single :) being in a bad relationship really sucks.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Not having someone call to see if u made it home ok.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It sucks 'cause it's so damn lonesome. I barely have friends as it is. And not having anyone who appreciates you for who you are, and is there for you, and all that other stuff that goes with it.

EXACTLY!
  • helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean with the being alone all the time and not having someone to be with. It gets old going to shows alone or not having someone go to the bar to watch the latest UFC with or go for a long walk with. My friends get busy with their own thing, my parents are getting old and don't always want to go out. I have 2 dogs, and they are great to come home to because they are so happy to see me and walk with me, not much for conversation though. I miss having someone special in my life, someone to talk with and spend time with.
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ...of all the "oh poor you, you're single and 29" looks.
    ...you feel like crap when a close friend announces an engagement or pregnancy.

^^ This. but I'd like to add, I already have two kids and although I accept my responsibility in the whole getting pregnant part, I still get upset when someone announces their pregnancy because they get to share it with the dad and be happy about it and I never got that. So when I'm in a store and people approach me about my kids, then ask what does my husband do....it stings. Especially when I tell them I don't have a husband OR a boyfriend and they give that "oh poor you.." look and say "oh..."
  • gmann1973
    Options
    Trying to find that perfect girl.... you know the one that every time u think of her u have to smile. Its hard not just setteling for just who ever...... u cand find a date anywhere.... me Im looking for 4 something real
  • knight_owl
    Options
    Sleeping alone. I hate not having someone to cuddle up with! And just the feeling of loneliness is enough to drive you crazy sometimes!.