What Is your ideal weight?

Options
ahmpierce1
ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
As a tall woman, I know sometimes it's tough for me to figure out what my ideal weight should be. I am 5'9 and looking to get to 145 and then go from there. I originally thought 135...but that's on the low end of healthy, so we will see...

How about y'all??

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and my goal weight was 180, which is actually a few pounds over the top of a healthy BMI but, according to my doctor, because I have such a large bone structure and also have a lot of lean muscle mass, an ideal weight range for me would be anything between 160-190.

I weigh a little under 170 now and am very happy with where I am. I would be fit and healthy a few pounds heavier or lighter, but my ribs poke out big time so I definitely don't want to get smaller.
  • ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and a half and right now my goal weight is 160. I found it very helpful to look at http://www.mybodygallery.com to try and figure out what the right weight for me would be. It shows pictures of real women. You can pick your height and then different weights. You can also pick specific body types (apple, pear, hourglass)
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'm aiming for 130 lbs...I've got a small frame and weighing in about 165 lbs at the moment I still feel large in myself. When I was around 17 I weighed about 110lbs and I didn't look overly slim so I think 130lbs will sit about right with me :-))
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with a large frame. My ideal weight is 155, I'm about 13 pounds away. Any lower than 155 will be too small for me.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and currently weigh 60.5kg (I think this is around 133lbs)

My goal weight was 62kg but I wasn't quite happy so am pushing for a little more.

I would say I have an 'average' frame.

My lightest ever weight was 56kg and my heaviest 71kg.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 6'1" with a large frame, lightest I've ever been was 170lbs. I'm 250lbs now and would like to get down to 180lb and I'll be happy then
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    Im 5'11 and my ideal weight is in the 150-155 range. Im about 167 now and most of my weight is in my stomach but if the stomach fat would just go away and I'd lose a couple inches on my waist I'd be perfectly fine with my body.
  • MyTomorrow
    Options
    I am 5ft 9in and my ideal weight is 150-155. Any less than that and I look and feel unhealthy.
  • TracyB25
    Options
    I'm between 5'9" and 5'10" generally weighing in around 165lbs for the past 13 years, my weight has slowly crept up over the past 2 years to over 180lbs. As I've dieted down to 147lbs (size 6) before at my lightest, and weighed in at 184lbs at my heaviest (size 13) - My goal weight is 155lbs (hopefully size 7/8),
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    Oh my god! I can't even tell you guys how happy I am there is a forum for this! Being a tall woman it's hard to relate and visualize ideal weights with most other girls. This is just what I need!
    I'm a little over 5'10"
    I started at 175 lbs. and my goal weight now is 150. I currently weight 160. I'm thinking once I get to 150 Ill probably want to shoot for 140. In high school I was very into health & fitness & I could never get down to 140, so we will see!
  • MissNothing130
    Options
    I'm 5'10.5", currently 161.5lbs & aiming for 130lbs! :) No idea what my frame is. After doing a couple of those online tests [measuring your elbow/wrist], I have [apparently!] a small/medium frame but I have HUGE hips. But just from fat, they've always been big. So I'm not too sure hah.
    I get a lot of grief from board members saying that's too low but I've been 140lbs in the past & I was still quite a bit bigger than I wanted, didn't feel comfortable with my looks at all so I'm aiming just a bit lower this time, hoping to actually feel happy for once.
  • ktbia
    ktbia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 11. My skinniest in recent years was 155.. that was for a month or so after my divorce. I thought I Looked good.. but I was still, like, a size 8. I can't EVER imagine being smaller than that.

Right now, I am 172 (today). My first goal is 160. I have weighed a lot more after the birth of my kids. I think the most was 230 and I claimed it to be "baby weight" but really? A year later?
  • LosingWeight2012
    LosingWeight2012 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 and my ideal wt iss around 145 lbs. However i would likke to see 130 again. I carrry my weight in my legs so i feel being underweight mks me appear normal. Im 170 now
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet tall and I'm aiming to get down to about 154, but I will stop if I love my body at 164. I have a small little frame as well and according to these different calculators I do on the internet, they all say around 165 would be a good weight for me, so I'm just gonna judge my body as I continue to shrink. I currently weigh in at an unstable 185-186 because my weight continues to fluctuate in and out of that range.

I'm glad to see this forum too. After hearing a lot of tall women say their goal weights were like 170-180, I thought my goal of reaching 150-160 was waaaay to low, but I'm glad to hear there are others out there trying to get into the 150s as well!! =D
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 and my ideal wt iss around 145 lbs. However i would likke to see 130 again. I carrry my weight in my legs so i feel being underweight mks me appear normal. Im 170 now

This!
    I too carry the majority of my weight in my thighs, I am now 165 but when i was 150 my top half was "ok" but my thighs were huge I was still wearing size 12-13 pants so I am aiming for 145-135! Btw I am 5,9"
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and the lowest weight I ever was at this height was 140 lbs. However, I was a teenager, and I cannot imagine that this would be realistic for me again. I was 170 about 7 years ago, and I felt good and looked good, however, I still did not really feel 'thin'. I am shooting for 170 this time, but with more exercise, so hopefully I will be more fit. I may decide then to shoot for 160, but I really won't know until I get there.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is 140, I'm 5'9 and carry most of my weight on my hips and thighs. I'm pretty close to my goal weight now but I'm still wearing a size 11, which is what I was wearing when I was in the 160's :(

My tummy is flat and my upper body is very lean but I feel like my thighs and hips are still huge and it puts me out of proportion.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    5'8.5 and satring weight was 226. Im trying to get to 165 then I will reevaluate to see if I want to lose 10 more pounds. I have a large bone structure so anything under 155 would make me look like I was dyeing
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 180. I feel that is best for my shape and easier for me to maintain.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11 ish with shoulders like a rugby player: current target is 175lbs