Gray

Replies

• janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I am 30. I'm from the Detroit area. I have been skinny my whole life...then I had kids. lol. I was at my highest weight of 140 until I started my journey to shed some lbs. I used my 30th bday this past June as motivation. We went to Vegas and I wanted to wear a bikini. I got down to about 122 and once the vacation was over, so was the motivation to lose more weight and keep working out. I am back up to just about 130, and I would really like to be at 110 or so. I am looking forward to this challenge! Let's go GRAY team!!
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Just curious if any of you guys are planning on taking before and after pics? I am taking my before on Jan 1st. Actually haven't taken any before since i started doing mfp, so that will be good for me anyways.
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Im prob going to take some on Jan first also. My last ones from the 30 day shred showed me a lot so im going to do some for this one too!
  • halfsizeheather
    halfsizeheather Posts: 45 Member
    i took some before shots the day i signed up to MFP and then again after loosing 15lbs and couldn't believe the difference. i know i felt better for having lost the weight but seeing it made me angry at myself for not seeing what i really looked like before and doing something sooner to loose the lbs. can't wait for the nest pictures at the 30lbs lost mark.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Yes, I will be taking before pics. I'm going to start Insanity around that time too, so it will be for both purposes. :)
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    I too will be taking a "before" photo.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    sure i will take a photo! and i'll do it in my bathing suit i would like to wear next summer!
  • goodridges
    goodridges Posts: 22 Member
    Definitely will take a photo! At least I am marginally smaller than my profile photo taken last year in Barbados, I weighed about 7lb heavier than now. It would be fantastic to go back there in a new smaller swimsuit & have the photo taken again!! Go on the Greys!!!!
  • TJ435
    TJ435 Posts: 13 Member
    Hey Guys,
    Everyone has voted and the team name that was chosen was "Thin It to Win It", so we officially have a name. Also send me ideas on what you would like some our weekly challenges to be. We only have 2 weeks til the challeng begins.
    Thanks guys!
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    sure i will take a photo! and i'll do it in my bathing suit i would like to wear next summer!

I like this idea! This will give us a visual of how we look now (gasp!) and what we WILL look like when season is here! I'll join you in the idea and hope I don't gross too many people out.....lol
  • lackie09
    when posting any weekly challenges will yall be posting the modified version also just curious because I have plates and screws in my wrist and if anything includes pushups ill need to modiify it... I am able to do planks but pshups give me problems bit time my wrist just dnt wana bend the right way to do 'em... <3 becca!
  • josery1630
    TJ-
    Maybe we could alternate nutrition goals and fitness goals? Maybe something like....
    Do 100 push-ups (or planks, for Becca) for the week
    Eat 10 more grams of protein each day than you usually do
    Walk/Jog/Run an extra 3 miles over what you normally would do per week
    Try an new healthy recipe and share it with the group
    Get some kind of workout in for 6 days in a row

Just random ideas.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    TJ-
    Maybe we could alternate nutrition goals and fitness goals? Maybe something like....
    Do 100 push-ups (or planks, for Becca) for the week
    Eat 10 more grams of protein each day than you usually do
    Walk/Jog/Run an extra 3 miles over what you normally would do per week
    Try an new healthy recipe and share it with the group
    Get some kind of workout in for 6 days in a row

Just random ideas.

I love all of them! A big issue for me is scheduling in time, daily, to exercise. I say, "I'll do it when the baby naps" and then I find myself cleaning the house while she's napping. Then it's, "I'll do it when she goes to bed for the night" and she decides not to sleep until 10pm instead of her 8pm bedtime and by then I'm too tired. So... that's a big one for me but I think just any fitness challenge would be good, to give myself a goal to work toward for the week :)
  • bluecollarfrench
    I will actually be in cabo in june. So, all you pretty ladies can see me in a bathing suit then
  • lackie09
    I will actually be in cabo in june. So, all you pretty ladies can see me in a bathing suit then

Hubba hubba!!!
  • josery1630

Oh so very jealous!! Fun! :)
  • bluecollarfrench

Hubba hubba!!!

Easy now becca, I do believe you have a bf miss
  • bluecollarfrench

Oh so very jealous!! Fun! :)

It will be a blast. My cousins wedding
  • lackie09

Hubba hubba!!!

Easy now becca, I do believe you have a bf miss

haha yea I do that dnt mean I cant complement you rt?!?
  • GuillaineC
    GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
    Hi, my name is Guillaine.