Getting Started

Options

Replies

• kelseyessex
    Options
    hey guys thanks for all being so positive about this challenge. I am really looking forward to starting this now :)

No I just mean a minimum of 4 times a week...the challenge is to lose 25lbs in 25 weeks (or less)...I just put a few of the rules I will be sticking to on the group to give you guys some guidance but obviously tweak them to suit you :) But we all need to get those 25lbs off so whatever works best for you is the right way to do it! x
  • putinwork22
    putinwork22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sounds Good!! cant wait to start!!
  • HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I am looking forward to it!
  • fitnessmonthly
    fitnessmonthly Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great ideas but truly 500 calories per hour for a workout might be difficult for me , I am 49 yrs with creeky knees and 191lbs yes I definetly can do 300 cals but I am all psyched for this challenge to really budge/ move the scale it has to be above the comfort zone.
  • kelseyessex
    Options
    whoooop only 16 days to go guys!!!! its my works Xmas do tonight so going to enjoy the alcohol hehehe x
  • Andylee63
    Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Not too much though eh Kelsey :drinker:
  • Andylee63
    Options
    I've got a spreadsheet already and waiting if you want it.
    We used it on The Biggest Loser...

But if you want to sort one that's ok..

Andy
  • k_pickle
    k_pickle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am very excited to get started! Any suggestions for exercises? I will be honest, I hate exercising and sweating worse than going to the dentist! lol....So, what would be a good way for a beginner to start? I have X-Box Kinect, does that count?
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    whoooop only 16 days to go guys!!!! its my works Xmas do tonight so going to enjoy the alcohol hehehe x

LOL Kels - no wonder you're putting a 10 week alcohol ban on us :laugh:
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    oo so excited love the idea of a spreadsheet!!! i may not be able to do the 10 week alcohol ban, i will do my best but im going to have to sin twice as its my best friends hen night and wedding so.. but i will limit the drinks lol :D so excited to start !!!
  • Andylee63
    Options
    I am very excited to get started! Any suggestions for exercises? I will be honest, I hate exercising and sweating worse than going to the dentist! lol....So, what would be a good way for a beginner to start? I have X-Box Kinect, does that count?

Do you have Dance Central?
    You can also get Your Shape Fitness evolved and Your shape 2012 is just coming out...
    Jillian Micheals from The Biggest Loser America does them both..
    You can also get The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout..
    Zumba a good one too...

There is also a very good app for the Android called Workout Trainer.. Shows you the exercises and also counts down with you.
    Good luck

Andy
  • kady11
    kady11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hello team!

I am ready to be challenged!
    I have lost 10 lbs so far.
    I need to lose 25 more. so bring it on!

I am willing to be friends too!
    so add me if wanted.

we can do this gang!

12214080.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sahrak1
    sahrak1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a brilliant challenge i'm really looking forward to it xx
  • kelseyessex
    Options
    Hey guys,

Hope you are all preparing for 2 January :-)

Andy I would love for you to email me the spreadsheet if you could? can you send it to my email address xxkels_exx@hotmail.com?

I will keep track of everyone's weights/measurements. Dont forget to sort your "treat" item out so as soon as you hit the 25lbs you can go out and buy it :) keep a pic of it somewhere too so it will spur you on xx
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    can I join!!!!!? I have about 25lbs till i hit my goal and I'd love to get to it with this group!
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to January 2nd!!! :wink:
  • CamDizzle8
    CamDizzle8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Can't wait to begin!
    Hey! My friend! I am joining this group too!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Can't wait to begin!
    Hey! My friend! I am joining this group too!

Yay! CamDizzle8, let's get this going. 2012 will be the year that we lose it for good!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    i just found this group and i'd love to join! i'll have approximately 25lbs left to lose on Jan 2nd, plus i'm getting married in April 2012 and this would be a great motivatior to keep me on track during holidays and busy wedding planning :) I will also have slightly different workout goals, but i will do my best on the alcohol :) i'll will figure out my exact goals and "treats" later today so i can get on board with you guys! :) Awesome challenge!
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I would love to join this group!