I'm really excited.

Options

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'll just say push ups are not my strong suit, but I really want to get better, so I'm going to try!
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) Will be doing knee pushups, and will try for the situps too!
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    hell yah
    im game for this too
    Im going to combine this with sit ups - 31st December i should be doing 366 sit ups too...
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    So basically you can either do them all at once or divide them up during the day, or divide them up and do mini sets?

I was doing the 100-pushup challenge in which you do 100 consecutive pushups...I made it to week 4 before I got bored, but was doing about 130 pushups in one session (take 60-90 breaks between sets). Keeping in mind I could only do about 23 in one go before I started, could get upwards of 50 before I stopped.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    So basically you can either do them all at once or divide them up during the day, or divide them up and do mini sets?

I was doing the 100-pushup challenge in which you do 100 consecutive pushups...I made it to week 4 before I got bored, but was doing about 130 pushups in one session (take 60-90 breaks between sets). Keeping in mind I could only do about 23 in one go before I started, could get upwards of 50 before I stopped.

The idea is to do them consecutively. Or at least in large sets with a minute or so rest between.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Im going to combine this with sit ups - 31st December i should be doing 366 sit ups too...

Challenge accepted. I'll do that too.
    Brilliant idea - count me in on the bonus challenge!

Based on last year's New Year's Eve party, on Jan. 1 I may roll out of bed, do my one push up and sit up, and then crawl back into bed lol. But hey, it's a start!
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    I am way better at sit-ups than push-ups. Might have to hold my 15lb medicine ball or something.
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Seems impossible for me to do even more than 30 push ups at once. Therefore, challenge accepted. And just for that, I'll attempt the second sit-up challenge as well. This looks like a fun crowd.
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    would love to join in on the sit up challenge but i will be starting Insanity once my knee is healed. Looks like we have a good group of people taking the challenge. If anyone feels they will need some support feel free to friend me.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I suppose I'm a little late to this - but I am definitely up for this challange!
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    I suppose I'm a little late to this - but I am definitely up for this challange!

Welcome!
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    Should we have a side-challenge going - how many consecutive pushups we can do, without breaking them down into groups?
    May motivate me to push harder..

i can get down with the side challenge too!
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    So happy that we've got over 80 people in the group for the challenge now. I can't wait to see how many make it to the finish! Feel free to friend request me for support!
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So these 366 push-ups, is the goal to do them all in 1 set are break them up? That's a lot of push-ups to do at once.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    So these 366 push-ups, is the goal to do them all in 1 set are break them up? That's a lot of push-ups to do at once.

That's the idea.
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    people will drop like flies during the 40-50 mark :laugh:
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Sneaks in before the cutoff - hope I can do this!
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm excited and have recruited two people who aren't on MFP to join me. If I complete it do I get that nifty shirt you have posted here? :laugh:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm game. Now to get my husband to join.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    I think I am going to start having trouble at the end of the first week. I can do 5 but 7 is pretty tough. I can do 30 sissy push ups with no problem.
This discussion has been closed.