C25k New Years Resolution

Options
Hi all!

I am ready to get my *kitten* running in 2012...anyone want to join me and start the first week of January?

Replies

• sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will be joining a gym on friday, and plan to start the c25k next monday.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've already started, but I'm going to finish!!!! I'm on W2D1 now (should do that tonight)...so I won't be too far ahead of ya!
  • pirate4hire
    Options
    Signing up! Started it this month but got sidetracked by life. Starting again next week.
  • ek724q
    ek724q Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sure I am in, I got to get some more research done and prepare some meals for healthy eatting also. I will start on Jan 2, that way I do it Monday, Wednesday and Friday! Good Luck Everyone! :)
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    I started this week but it's rough going so I think I'm gonna do week 1 again next week as well. So, I'm in!
  • ambrchrstn
    Options
    I'm in and starting Monday! I plan to run a 5k in May with my bestie. She's probably done 5 - 5k's already so I figure I better get my butt moving!!
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Count me in please. Will be starting (again) on Monday 2nd.
  • emma115
    Options
    Count me in!! Im so excited to start the C25k program :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! My best friend & I are going to be starting on Monday, Jan 2nd!!
  • supermomrn247
    supermomrn247 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am going to start everything on Monday as I will be traveling back from vacation on Sunday. I plan to do a 5k in March!
  • kristynlyn
    kristynlyn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting day 1 on Monday! Brand new year :smile:
  • MrUgly
    MrUgly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I will also be starting on Monday. This may sound silly, but do you run or jog? I tried this a few months ago when I got the app, and I thought it was easy, then I realized I was 'jogging' not 'running'. Is there a difference?
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Im in! I plan on starting on the first. You know about best laid plans though......:)
  • lawson305
    lawson305 Posts: 103
    Options
    Today, on New Years Day, I will be finished with week 4 of the C25K program - originally I was listening to DJ Beatsmith, and liked the tempo of the music - and just recently switched to Chubby Jones' podcasts. I like how she says encouraging things and let's me know many minutes I've been jogging. Both offer music selections I never would have picked for myself! I run at about a 5.1 - 5.2 pace and although I'm intimidated by week 5, it will be no different than that feeling I had with starting out week 4 - and I'll have increased confidence too!

I never envisioned myself as a "jogger," and my goal is to be able to run in several 5Ks this year, and in the process of training and becoming healthier, to reach my goal weight of being under 200 pounds. I'm doing this to prove to myself that my new lifestyle is not a fad, but here to stay! Best of luck to all as you attain your own fitness and health goals in 2012.

Happy New Year!
  • amystrongerfaster
    Options
    Yay I'm in! Starting this tomorrow so excited!
  • jbw6782
    jbw6782 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to start tomorrow morning. I need a swift kick in the butt to get me going... and keep me going!
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I plan on doing it M/W/F and am kind of nervous. I hope jogging is okay for the running part! My goal is to rock a 5k in June, not just gasp my way to the end.
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    I will also be starting on Monday. This may sound silly, but do you run or jog? I tried this a few months ago when I got the app, and I thought it was easy, then I realized I was 'jogging' not 'running'. Is there a difference?

Jogging is totally acceptable since it's initially about building endurance and not about distance. After endurance improves you'll be able to go faster.
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Jogging is totally acceptable since it's initially about building endurance and not about distance. After endurance improves you'll be able to go faster.

Oh, thank God. I was holding my breath until someone answered this question. If I was expected to sprint during the running parts, I would be DOOMED.
  • bugmobile
    Options
    Started tonight and loved it. It was very challenging with the dog as he needs to learn to pace with me better, but I have a feeling he is going to hold me to these workouts!!!