Introductions!!!! Let's get started!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Bridget and I am a 40 year old mother and grandmother. I am currently a culinary student (graduate in May). LIke so many of us, I've always battled with my weight. I've been on MFP since Nov 2011 and I absolutely love it.

Starting Weight: 230.6

12 Week Goal Weight: 199.6 (31lb loss)

WE CAN DO THIS WITH HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!!!
  • bajanvie
    Options
    Hello, im new to the group as well as this ap. Downloaded it yesterday and guestimated my stats, set it up and eat healthy today and updated my stats. lol

ABOUT ME:
    My user name is BajanVie and im 27. I work shifts and am a definate comfort eater. I used Lighter Life in 2010 to lose weight and lost 3 stones in the space of 4 month, but since i come off of it, i have put the weight on AND MORE :-(

Due to my shifts and that fact that i havent found a way to access the group via my mobile, i am sorry if i miss a weigh in at any time.

Starting Weight: 198 lbs (14.2 st) (with shoes on)

12 Week Goal Weight: i dont have a 12 week goal. Just to lose roughly 2lbs a week.

Ultimate goal to get back down to 233lbs (9.5st)
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Happy New Year!!

I'm a wife and Mum to 2 lively boys. I also work full-time so my health, fitness and general well being take a back seat. I'm aiming to really focus some of my energy into getting to my goal :)

Start weigh: (today) 221

Goal at 12 weeks: 207 (200 if I'm being really adventurous!)

Feel free to add me as a friend
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you give/need encouragement.
  • mhadams2668
    mhadams2668 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Name: Margaret

About yourself: Photography professor

Starting Weight: 220

12 Week Goal Weight: 185
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I love the biggest loser challenge. I used to watch it every week, indentify to one of the girls who was abou my weight and tried to complete with her. Of course, I also failed behind :( but it was still motivated to watch her.

Name: Vicky

About yourself: I'm 47 yrs old female. I've been struggle most of my adult life with weigh problem. Each time I failed, I felt that I close to my goal because I learned the reason why.

Starting Weight: 178.2

12 Week Goal Weight: 155
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Name: Monita

About yourself: I'm a 43 year old wife and mother of two boys aged 6 and 11 years old. I'm ready to continue my weight loss into 2012. I've set my 2012 weight loss goal for 60 lbs and this will be a great jump start on that goal! Good luck everyone!

Starting Weight: 239.4 lbs

12 Week Goal Weight: 219.4 lbs

Thanks for setting this up Pam!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I would like to welcome EVERYONE for joing this group!!!!!!!!!!! Our latest members are:

Tony
    Robyn
    Kim
    Nick
    dancing cat
    Lisa
    Mary
    Kelley
    Lurah
    Jackie
    Michelle
    Angie
    Tiffany
    Wendy
    Trish
    Kristen
    Leigh Anna
    Bridget
    Bajan Vie
    KathPearce
    Margaret
    Vicky
    Monita

Welcome to all!!!!! I would have loved to welcome each person idividually...but you have all overwhelmed me (in a GREAT way). I am truly looking forward to getting this challenge started! Again...please feel free to add me as a friend so we can inspire and support each other!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Good Luck to all and Happy 2012!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kelleygrrl
    Options
    Name: Kelley

About yourself: In my mind, I am an athlete and I just want my body to match that! I am a mother, wife, student and full-time worker, so life is definitely hectic. Somehow, I always end up on the bottom of the "to do" list. I am determined to make 2012 the year that I take care of myself and bring sexy back! :smokin: LET'S GOOOO!

Starting Weight: 248.5 lbs

12 Week Goal Weight: 200 lbs (or better)
  • clareholbrook
    Options
    Name: Clare

About yourself: I am a 32 and work full time. I have been struggling with my weight all my life - losing and gaining the same weight.
    I have wanted to change my life for the better for a while now its just taking a long time to get around to it - there always something to distract me! I need to lose weight for my health but most importantly we are trying to get pregnant with no success for what seems like forever! I love the biggest loser, its such an inspiration

Starting Weight: 266 lbs

12 Week Goal Weight: 240 lbs
  • neilasnyder
    Options
    Name: Neil

About Yourself: 43 years old and work as an Accountant, always at a desk. Need to lose the weight I have put on in the last couple of years.

Starting weight:: 207 lbs

12 Week goal - 180 lbs
  • dicove
    dicove Posts: 36
    Options
    My name is Diana a 39yr old mother of two ( now adult children) Ihave struggled with my weight for the past 18 years and has recently gotten worse when I hurt my back while at work. I was basicly depressed and medicated for 3 years, and with that in mind I basicly ate to be happy. I have a wonderful supportive huusband of 12yrs, although supportive and says that he loves me any way I am, I think dosent have the heart to "remind me " that that candy bar is bad for me. I work full time many different shifts and find it hard to get a regular schedule to my life of exercise and diet, I need support and sometimes a friend to remind me that I dont need that cookie.
    current weight 167 / goal weight 125/ weight in 12 weeks 147:flowerforyou
    :1932877.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    : /
  • LighteningLynn
    LighteningLynn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Name: Lynn

I will be turning 50 on Wednesday. :noway: 13 years ago, I had a baby, quit smoking and since then, I have gained an average of 6 lbs a year. It doesn't help that my husband is a fantastic cook! :tongue: I am the heaviest I have ever been and totally disappointed in myself. :cry:

It is time to change....my dad had open heart surgery 2 months ago and yesterday my sister went into the hospital with chest pains. (She is out now-they don't know why she is getting them yet!). I don't want to wind up there.

I am the type of person that usually ends up giving up but this time I am going to do my best to really lose the weight, get healthy and look good in the mirror. My first goal to be 200 lbs or below.

Starting weight: 230.5

12 Week goal: 199.0

Let's do this!!!! :happy:
  • deborah_mccartney
    Options
    Name: Hi i'm Debs and I have had a bad time this past year with regards to my weight and body image. 2012 is a fresh start for me with the demons in the past. I am going on my first girls holiday this summer and I am not going to be 'the fat friend' So determinded for a new me just need some support

Starting Weight: 164

12 Week Goal Weight: 148

:) Any one feel free to add, i live in Newcastle, England. x
  • tjhindman
    Options
    Name: Tracey

About yourself: 43 and have been overweight for the last 17 years.....when people ask how old my baby is....I laugh and tell them he's 17 now. Want to get rid of my belly and start looking like a hot mama for my husband again!

Starting Weight: 199 (used to be 220 about a year ago)

12 Week Goal Weight: 180
  • Lirana
    Lirana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Name: Jenn

About Yourself: I am 33 and make video games for a living. :smile: I live in a tiny apt with my bf. I used to go to the gym regularly, and I am currently trying to get back into the habit. I also need to get back into the habit of more home made food instead of fast food and restaurants. I am really short (5'2" on a good day :tongue:), so my current weight is probably similar to a 200 lb average height female.

Starting Weight: 168.2 lbs (I was not sure if we were rounding to the nearest pound)

12 Week Goal: 153.2 lbs (15 lbs lost)
  • fromfat2fit2012
    fromfat2fit2012 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Name: Shay

About Me: I'm a 26 year old single mom of one. Over the years I have lost weight and gained it back and then some. This year is the year I decided enough is enough and that I need to get rid of this weight and keep it off for good given the fact I have a family history of diabetes and high blood pressure.

Starting Weight: 213.8 lbs

12 week goal: 189.8 lbs

Ultimate goal: 150 lbs
  • hayleyhips
    hayleyhips Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    amazing idea count me in, my favourite show!

my name is hayley im 21 living in cardiff, im a full time receptionist so i sit on my bum for long periods of the day ( not 9-5, more like (10-10 :( ) i live with my boyfriend who has the habit of persuading me to eat really late at night when he finishes work.
    ive had loads of wii games for xmas so hoping to get back into that on my days off :)

starting weight 193lbs
    12 week goal weight -175lbs
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    Name: Kristen

About Myself: Hi everyone, I'm excited for this challenge, especially since it's starting right after the holidays, now all that get togethers and eating of good foods is over! haha. I am a mother of 2, a 8 year old girl, and a 4 year old boy. I want to get healthy to be able to do things with them and not let my self image get in the way of having fun as a family! I also like that it''s called the biggest loser challenge and that it's starting when the show starts, cuz I love the show and it inspires me to keep on track :) Not sure of my starting weight, I was supposed to weigh in this morning but I've been sick and didn't even feel like getting out of bed so I forgot to and only remembered after I had already eaten and drank some water, and I haven't weighed myself since last week so it could be anything now, I don't wanna guess, so I will weigh in tomorrow, which works cuz Tuesdays will be our weigh in days. So, I will post tomorrow with my exact starting weight...i don't have an exact number for my 12 week goal weight until I weigh in tomorrow, but I'm thinking I would like to lose 30 pounds in this challenge :)