Welcome to Team UK!

Options

Replies

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group, so glad Xmas and New Year are over, time to make 2012 THE year for me!

Hope everyone is well :)
  • debbieplus3
    Options
    Hello Team UK, I'm new to mfp - from Hertfordshire. Hoping to get fit & loose some pounds when my youngest start nursery next week. Roll on 2012!
  • neenie12
    Options
    hello all! I'm Jannine. I have lived in Sheffield for the past 14 years after coming here for uni and never leaving!! Originally from Brum though.

Feel free to add me - I need all the help and support I can get :happy:
  • elfward
    elfward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from London - I'm back on MFP for the first time in ages, and I'm going to stick at it this year! I've managed to put on all the weight I lost last year, so the aim this year is to exercise more and eat less of the bad things, but not to *diet*.

Feel free to add me!
  • barbiebut1
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today - I'm in Surrey :-)
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in, first day on here as well so it will be good to get some support along the way.

Can anyone give me a hint how to put my ticker tracker onto my signature so that it can be seen on these posts?

Ta

B
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in, first day on here as well so it will be good to get some support along the way.

Can anyone give me a hint how to put my ticker tracker onto my signature so that it can be seen on these posts?

Ta

B

Click on Tools tab
    Click on Weight Loss Tickers - choose your style
    Then go to Community tab
    Click on Settings
    Tick the box to display your ticker
  • mbatey
    mbatey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi

Just joined the group today from a very wet and windy Burton On Trent.
    Been a member for about 6 months but its time to stick at it this year as I hit the big 40.
    Feel free to add me to your friends list, support given and received with pleasure.
  • mrsrobbo85
    mrsrobbo85 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi All this is Yorkhire calling!

Had my first baby 9 weeks ago and have been playing around with MFP since.. have lost 24lb including the weight of the little man (!) but stuck at 199.9lb so it's time to get serious now the new yr is here!

Feel free to add me.. definitely in need of a little motivation.

Have a great.. slim.. 2012!

Laura xx
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody!

I am from the South West, I have been using MFP for a while now and can safely say it's great!

Good luck with all your new year resolutions, feel free to add me! :O)
  • shawnkturner
    shawnkturner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all. living in sunny Southampton.

good luck all

shawn
  • gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    hello

im now living in the isle fo man, my 2 eldest son still live in the norht east they are 21 and 19, and my youngest 16 next month lives with us (hubby and 2 mad cats). here in the isle of man means he can start riding/driving when he hits 16..
    both my hubby and i are very kneen on motorbikes and love the TT..
    Last new year i said i wanted to lose weight before i turned 40 and did nowt till october then i joined MFP and never looked back, and i will be 40 in a few days..
  • msbandicoot
    msbandicoot Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi everyone i haven't been on here for ages and was looking for the team uk thread, and found we now have groups :)
  • meg_jesse
    Options
    Hi, new to all this, Im from Swansea in South West Wales. Feel free to add me
  • sherylloveschocolate2much
    Options
    Hi, I've from a little village near Grimsby. Had a baby 5 months ago and managed to shift some of the weight, but now I really need to work harder to get the rest of it off and then keep it off. Oh, and I've set my smoking quit date for next week so got to try not to comfort eat. Nice to chat to you all
  • danielssmith
    danielssmith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined this group. I live in the North West, work in London, born in Essex. Last 2 stone last year. Stuck one back on but did end the year a suit size smaller than I started it.
    Looking to lose 4 1/2 stone.
  • danielssmith
    danielssmith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    And I forgot to say please add me, I need to get some more friends on here for inspiration...and to moan about the wind.
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi All - started back on MFP back in Nov, gained a little over Xmas but back on with avengence, got about 70lbs to lose - over in wet and windy wiltshire. Good luck all
  • alexarmstrong
    Options
    Hi... I'm Alex and from Birmingham

Having lead an active and sporting childhood playing a lot of Rugby, Injury forced me to quit about 3 years ago.
    The following years, were spent enjoying the finer things in life, though the enjoyment factor overtook the healthy factor and after a few failed attempts at dieting and getting back into a fitness routine, i had 2 major break throughs.....
    Firstly i quit smoking and havent had a cigarette now for about 8 weeks and secondly my mate reffered me to this site..

After just a couple of days i'm already a lot more aware of what i'm eating and seeing something visually rather than just thinking about it, is really helping.

Any helpful tips and advice would be greatly appreciated..

Good luck to all in your plans and endeavours
  • JaneUK
    JaneUK Posts: 102
    Options
    So glad to have found a UK area on the message board. It's a lot less busy in here! I am based in Surrey and spend the school hols in France.

I'm actually too frightened to weigh myself at the moment, but I think I'm about 64kg. I am aiming for 55kg. I lost weight a few years back and was at 57kg but it has gradually crept back on as I have had a couple of busy years at work and my exercise routine has suffered. When I have time to exercise I use my rowing machine at home, although I also have access to a gym at work (and I do actually live at work, so it's pretty handy!)

My most momentous diet decision involves giving up wine - my favourite thing - for 5 days a week. I can honestly say that, before now, I could count on one had the number of days I have NOT drunk alcohol since the age of 18 (30 years ago)! Other than that I am counting calories pretty rigorously and am on 1200 calories a day. I feel a bit hungry sometimes, but it's not too bad. I am going to try to get back on the rowing machine twice a week - a realistic, rather than ambitious, target.

Looking forward to the mutual support and encouragement!
    Jane