Introductions

Options
kmreynolds11
kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
Use this space to introduce yourself to the group! I'll start...

Name: Kristi
Hubby/Partner: Bryan
How many kids do you have: This will be our first :)
Due Date: May 28th, 2012
Do you know the gender: Note yet -- we find out on Jan 13th
Have you picked out the baby's name: Won't decide until we know boy or girl.
Where do you live: Baltimore, MD
Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Running (in the 1st & 2nd trimesters), dance, stretching. I want to try prenatal yoga and start a light weight routine.
Anything else you'd like to share: HONEYMOON baby! :)

Welcome everyone! Enjoy the group!!!

Replies

• batgirlrox
    Options
    Name: Amanda
    Hubby/Partner: Jon
    How many kids do you have: 2 fur babies but this is the first 2 legged one :)
    Due Date: June 1, 2012
    How far along are you: 18 weeks 5days
    Do you know the gender: Not 100% but probably a girl according to the U/S tech.
    Babies Name: Evelyn Tayah(although the middle name isn't 100% yet)
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Central Alberta
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I had been swimming laps until the pool
    closed Dec 22 they just re-opened yesterday so I need to get my butt back there ASAP. Also
    looking at joining some aquasize classes this month. Walking my fur babies
    Anything else you'd like to share: I have ulcerative collitis and decided I might want to stay preggo forever since this is the best my GI tract has been since I was dx'd 5 years ago haha.
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Name: Kelley
    Hubby/Partner: Corey
    How many kids do you have: This is my 2nd and our 2nd together, so far we have two boys (10yrs, 15 months)
    Due Date: June 18, 2012
    How far along are you: 16weeks 2day
    Do you know the gender: Don't know
    Babies Name: I have a girl and boy name picked - hubby's ok with them but still wants a list for the big day...we are more sight namers
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Maryland
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Running but that's hasn't happened in 2 weeks, bootcamp with modifications for floor work,
    Anything else you'd like to share: I have decided to be surprised on delivery day with the babies sex...hubby wants to find out but I don't want to...ideally we want another boy, but everyone around us wants us to have a girl and thinks it will be a girl...in the end a healthy baby is most important...
  • Demwitted
    Demwitted Posts: 163
    Options
    Name: Amanda H. (Since there are more than one of us :)
    Hubby/Partner: Kerry
    Due Date: August 6
    Do you know the gender: Too early. I'm only at 9 weeks.
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Karl Steven for a boy. Esther June or Josephine Marie for a girl
    Where do you live: Indiana
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking mostly. I want to start using my new Wii Fit and some prenatal yoga, but the fatigue and queasiness is getting the better of me right now.
    Anything else you'd like to share: There are days that I get so angry I feel like the Incredible Pregnant Hulk: "You won't like me when I'm pregnant!" Also, we had our first ultrasound this week. It shook its tiny fists at us! We had not expected to see it move :)
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Use this space to introduce yourself to the group! I'll start...

Name: Melissa
    Hubby/Partner: Rory
    Due Date: July 7th, 2012
    Do you know the gender: probably a girl!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: subject of debate
    Where do you live: N. Cali
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: circuit training, weight training, walking, elliptical
    Anything else you'd like to share: Had a miscarriage last time so praying this one sticks!
  • gingermelv
    Options
    Name: Leigh
    Hubby/Partner: Andrew
    How many kids do you have: 1 - Harry born 28.02.2009
    Due Date: 16.07.2012
    Do you know the gender: Not yet -- but found out with Harry so will prob find out with this one
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Have lots of ideas but to early to know
    Where do you live: Just outside Glasgow, Scotland in a little village called Quarrier's Village
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking & might get out Davina McColl's Pre and Post Pregnancy DVD workout video & swimming..... and running after Harry!
    Anything else you'd like to share: Have had 2 mcs before this one so a little bit apprehensive about everything going well. Got scan on Wed 11.01.2012 so will be happier after that, fingers crossed!

Thank you for starting up this forum. I really do not want to go crazy like last time and then struggle for ages to lose the weight. I know it is inevitable that I will still bloat up but not 4 stones worth, hopefully! Here's to happy & healthy pregnancies xxx
  • Mikaelas_Mommy
    Mikaelas_Mommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! So glad this group is here! :)

Name: Amanda
    Hubby: Adam
    How many kids do you have: This will be our 2nd. We have a beautiful, spirited 4 yr. old daughter
    Due Date: August 29, 2012 (I'll know for sure after I see the doc. today...yay!!!)
    Do you know the gender: No...only 6w, 1d right now.
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Yes. Long but, really cool story I'll have to share later.
    Where do you live: Central, FL
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Member at the Y...want to talk about appropriate classes w/ my OB. And I have the Moms Inst Fitness 4 DVD series by Lindsey Brinn (she has a fantastic blog for staying fit while prego)
    Anything else you'd like to share: I was only 4.8 lbs. shy of my goal weight before finding out I was prego. So proud of myself and I want to stay as healthy as possible during this pregnancy! :happy:
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    Name: jessica
    Hubby/Partner: kory
    How many kids do you have: this is our first!
    Due Date: february 22, 2012
    Do you know the gender: boy
    Have you picked out the baby's name: parker
    Where do you live: connecticut
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: walking and workout dvd's at home
    Anything else you'd like to share: found out we were pregnant the week after our one year anniversary!!! best gift we could have ever gotten!!!
  • Mikaelas_Mommy
    Mikaelas_Mommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm Amanda G. :) I found out I was prego Christmas week so I kept it to myself all week, took a digital on Christmas eve night, wrapped it up and gave it to DH as his last gift on Christmas morning. BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER!!!!! He was so excited!!! And DD is really excited about being a Big Sister. She has been talking to the baby every day. <3!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Name: Ashley
    Hubby/Partner: Eiric
    How many kids do you have: Just a 14 year old Aussie mix named Sydney
    Due Date: January 25, 2012
    Do you know the gender: Girl
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Yes, but we're keeping it a secret
    Where do you live: Louisville KY
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I ran up until about 32-33 weeks. In the begining I was running outside and doing longer intervals and once I swtiched to the treadmill and I was bigger, it got tougher so I quit running a couple weeks ago. I continued walking, some light strength training, ashtanga slow flow yoga and prenatal yoga. At my appointment yesterday I was told to rest the duration of my pregnancy, so it looks like my workouts are done for now. I hope I don't go nuts and am trying to see it is a positive and just really take it easy these last 3-4 weeks.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm not sure I am really fathoming that I will be responsible for a baby in a few weeks. :smile: But we're both really excited. We've been together for almost 11 years minus about 18 months where we separated and ultimately divorced and were remarried 10/16/10. :heart:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Name: Kelly
    Hubby/Partner: Bret
    How many kids do you have: Soon to be 2 year old DD
    Due Date: Aug. 26, 2012
    Do you know the gender: No
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Yes
    Where do you live: Modesto, CA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Turbo Kick, Spin, Weight & Cardio Endurance Training & Yoga classes at my gym.
    Anything else you'd like to share: Took us 3 years, 6 m/cs and lots of failed IF treatments before conceiving DD. We weren't even trying yet for #2.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Name: Kristy
    Hubby: Eric
    Due Date: March 23, 2012 (Eric's birthday!)
    Do you know the gender: Girl!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Abigail "Abbie" Elizabeth
    Where do you live: Southern Maryland
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I ran until about 20ish weeks as well as prenatal yoga. Lately it's been walking, stationary bike, elliptical, and prenatal yoga. I'm also starting to incorporate more strength training with light weights, of course.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I am originally from Oklahoma and moved to Washington state January 2005 with my ex (he was in the Navy), lived there for about 5 1/2 years. While living in Washington, I met my husband, Eric, and got married. We had a beautiful Hawaii wedding. :) We moved to Southern Maryland due to military orders October 2010 and will be here for another 1-2 years before we move again. I love being a military wife, but it is very hard at times when he deploys. Luckily, he's on shore duty right now and shouldn't have to deploy while stationed here. We have two dogs, a Yorkie named Spike and a Chihuhua named Pia, who are very spoiled and will have some adjusting to do when little Miss Abbie debuts.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Name: Rayna
    Hubby/Partner: Jay
    Due Date: February 23, 2012
    Do you know the gender: Boy!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Mason John William Graham
    Where do you live: Edmonton, AB
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: light weight training, yoga, prenatal workout DVDs
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Name: Lindsay
    Hubby/Partner: Zack
    How many kids do you have: Son- Lukas, 12 months old and Roxy (4 legged) 4 years old
    Due Date: July 14th
    Do you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Avery if it's a girl
    Where do you live: Near Lansing, MI
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Was on bed rest for the last 3 weeks, so looking forward to getting back to walking 6-7 days a week, prenatal yoga daily and light strength training 3-4 days a week.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm a SAHM, but I go to school online at University of Phoenix to finish up my Bachelor's of Business. I teach dog obedience once a week also. I lost 30lbs after having my son thanks to MFP. Since I'm still in the overweight category I'm looking to gain no more than 25lbs this time around. But if I'm eating healthy and exercising and I do, then I'm not going to worry :)
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Name: Brenda
    Hubby/Partner: Gerardo
    How many kids do you have: One 13 yr son named Jason
    Due Date: Feb 28, 2012
    How far along are you: 32 Weeks 2dys
    Name: Luna Itzel
    Where do you live :Las Vegas
    Workouts while pregnant: Walking
    Fun Fact: I am easy going, and like to have many friends. Hoping for a non Epidural VB second time arou
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Name: Kristin
    Hubby: Michael
    How many kids do you have: An adorable, busy two-year-old princess named Kadence, and this will be number 2!
    Due Date: April 11th, 2012, but a c-section is scheduled for April 4th
    Do you know the gender: Nope...we want to be surprised!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Aiden Jon for a boy and Reagan Jayne for a girl
    Where do you live: Iowa
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I ran while the weather was nice, now prenanta yoga and strength/cardio workouts
    Anything else you'd like to share: Both pregnancies I got pregnant on the first try! Kinda crazy!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Name: Ashley
    Hubby/Partner: Bobby
    How many kids do you have: This is our first
    Due Date: April 10th, 2012
    How far along are you: 26 Weeks and two days
    Name: Matisse
    Where do you live : Montreal, Qc
    Workouts while pregnant: Zumba, Yoga, Walking
    Anything else you'd like to share: It too us 2 years to finally conceive, it was hard to go through but I’m so happy that in that time I was able to really look at my own health and fitness among other things. This is why I’m so committed to being as healthy as possible during pregnancy, I know the value of a stable well balanced diet and exercise routine.
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Name: Nikka
    Hubby/Partner: Sven (as in the number 7 but spelled with 1 "E")
    How many kids do you have: 2 handsome boys (Tay and Jasper) and 1 little princess on the way
    Due Date: April 1, 2012 (C-Section scheduled last week of March)
    Do you know the gender: Girl
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Jayla Noelle
    Where do you live: Moore, OK
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking
    Anything else you'd like to share: We planned for our bundle of joy on my 30th B-Day and 1 month later we found out we were expecting.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Name: Kim
    Hubby/Partner: Ben
    How many kids do you have: This is our first
    Due Date: May 5th, 2012
    How far along are you: 22 Weeks 5 days
    Name: Not sure yet... Nickname "Lucy" thanks to my niece :)
    Where do you live : Metro Detroit, MI
    Workouts while pregnant: Zumba, Walking, stationary bike (when I get my butt on it!)
  • kadmirand
    kadmirand Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Name: Kelly
    Hubby: Peter
    How many kids do you have: This will be number FOUR!
    Due Date: September 7, 2012
    How far along are you: 5 Weeks tomorrow
    Name: Top secret info :)
    Where do you live : Dublin, Ireland
    Workouts while pregnant: Zumba, Hill Walking, and Pilates
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Name: Misti
    Hubby/Partner: Zack
    How many kids do you have: 2nd! We have a 7 yr old son, Isaac:)
    Due Date: Feb 12th, 2012 - Not looking like she'll make it til then
    Do you know the gender: GIRL
    Have you picked out the baby's name: i like Averie, but we have not agreed......still!!!
    Where do you live: Idaho
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking and Yoga
    Anything else you'd like to share: Hubby and I have been together for 12 years, but just got married in August! We are both really excited for our baby girl. This will complete our lil' family!