Day 1- How did we go

Options

Replies

• jskel44
    Options
    Started last night and I had to crawl upstairs to bed, ha! It is awesome to find a workout that hits you that hard. Today will be day #2 and hoping with all the pain I can get through it. Good Luck everyone
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this group, started it last month all by myself and didnt make it. I will redo day 1 level 1 tonight with the hubby and just hope that I can get through it!
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have a chest strap HRM that I plan on wearing when I do it this afternoon. I'll let you know what the calories say and I hope I can make it through it!
  • MelissaWI
    MelissaWI Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    wooohoo.. So happy to see so many people doing this!!! Great support to make it threw to the end... That helps out so much!!!
  • colleen_mairead
    colleen_mairead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 day 1! It wasn't easy but I finished! Hopefully it gets easier as the days go by (: ive got my before pictures and measurements ready and waiting for the after (:
  • kylashealy
    Options
    I'm starting tonight! Did 50 minutes on the treadmil at the gym this morning before having to go home. I feel too exhausted to even do this....but I have to!
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow, done it! Very hot, very painful, least I didn't cry this time like I did last year when I first tried it! ha ha!
  • JMFresh
    JMFresh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I survived! Worse part for me was the shoulder raises/side lunges. Overall fast workout... Can't wait to do it again tomorrow!
  • joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    D1L1 done :) I tried this workout last year but only got to day 19, this time I'm gonna make it all the way though! Cant wait to see the after pics!
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Still waiting to use my bf's Xbox so I can watch the youtube video on the TV instead of the computer :ohwell:
    I'm really excited to start, though, and cannot wait to see my "after" pix :wink: hopefully they look like my profile pic!!!!
  • ranmca
    ranmca Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    omg just finished day one. my legs are so weak. when i was doing the jumping jacks by the end i thought i was going to fall over...but i finished day one. i have a feeling im going to be a sore wreck tomoro tho. i think i may need to invest in some dumbells, i was using cans of spaghetti sauce and the sweat on my hands was making them impossible to hang on to.lmao. at least we can all say we're that much closer to finishing these 30 days :)
  • rvalent2
    Options
    Today was a good day. 29 more to go looking forward to the end of this challenge with great results
  • ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have a chest strap HRM that I plan on wearing when I do it this afternoon. I'll let you know what the calories say and I hope I can make it through it!

Good idea, I have a HRM around here somewhere. That should reflect the calories burned more accurately. I logged today's workout under circuit training. Btw, how do you get your 'ticker' to show up on these blogs? I'm new to the whole concept.
  • SMcWain22
    SMcWain22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did well today! I really think I can do this :) My gym did not have any 3lbs weights so I had to use 5lbs which I felt was hard but no pain no gain right?!?
    Thanks for all the encouragment we can do this!
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    That was a lot more intense than I was expecting. My thighs are really sore, and I have a feeling tomorrow morning will not be pleasant. I find it hard to believe that I will ever manage to do that many push-ups, but I guess we'll see. Regardless, I'm pleased with myself.

Also, I need to invest in a better work out bra. :grumble:
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Woowee! Felt a good burn and definitely got my sweat on!! :wink:

For those doing it from the Youtube link (Level 1), do you just do that same workout each day?

10 days at level 1 and then 10 at level 2 and 10 at level 3

Is it every day or every other day? Or are people just doing what they feel comfortable with?
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    As I had hoped I came back to do level 1 after I put my son down for bed. My husband did it with me which was REALLY motivating & helpful. But dang it, he sure did out do me on every single exercise. :angry: Lol. The push ups were not at all easy for me & there were lots of parts that made me winded. I figure all together I completed about 15 minutes of the video. I'm hoping tomorrow or Wednesday will be better results. I'll get my pictures posted by tomorrow I hope. I can't wait to see some great results! Thanks everyone for the motivation & keep at it. We're counting down to slimmer & healthier lifestyles!
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Just finished D1L1. I started a couple times last year, but never really got past the first couple of days. But I believe that with the support on this group I'll finally be able to make it through all 30 days. I wore my HRM with chest strap and it says that I burned 421 calories today.
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You do the workout every day, some people say do Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days and then Level 3 for 10 days, but with the variety of ability levels the DVD suggests to work at your own pace, so stay at Level 1 until you can do it all the way through then advance to level 2!! Good luck!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Day 1 wasn't so bad for me. I haven't done 30 DS is over a year so it was nice to see that I've gotten stronger since then. Still def doing push ups on my knees though! Haha!