Aussie's with greater than 30kg to lose?

Options
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone had >30kg to lose. I've got about 40! But I am focused on losing 20 to start .

Replies

• shazzam05
    Options
    I should drop 50kg to be at the top end of healthy BMI aiming for 10 at a time. Would love to have 30 off by my cruise date in June.
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Another one here. Looking to lose about 50kg over the next 12 months.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have 30kgs - but the good news is - I have lost 20kgs already! This site is excellent - the support and motivation you can recieve is awesome.
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    51kgs left to lose. I will lose it this year! I'm so ready for the challenge!!!
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have 30kgs to lose, but have lost 6 1/2kg already (can't forget the 1/2... lol) Ive found mfp to be a great help & the before & after posts are great for insparation :-)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I started out with 60 to lose... down 22ish so less than 40 left...

I stumbled for most of 2011, but 2012 is my year!!!
  • Kezzanna
    Kezzanna Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have about 55kgs to lose, but it took me awhile to gain them, so it'll take awhile to lose them. I'm here for a long while! Feel free to add as a friend, as I think I'm going to need some!
  • heart_explodes
    heart_explodes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yep, me! Wanting to lose another 32kgs :)
  • goodhealth2012
    Options
    I have 80kgs to lose... I'll be here for a while! Anyone here from Perth WA?
  • escher83
    Options
    I have about 45kg left to lose. This year those kilos are going!
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    I'm just ouside of Perth close to Mandurah. :drinker:
  • fitness4meAU
    fitness4meAU Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Im' from the Mackay Region and I'm new to the group but have been on MFP for a while.

I've recently come back to MFP in hopes to track my wellness as well as make motivational friends.

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in being wellness friends?

Would love to have support and support others. :)
  • ValerieKovacs
    ValerieKovacs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi all :)

i'm a 46 year old from Melbourne , With at least 45kgs to lose ...

will be breaking it down to small increments , so doesn't sound as daunting

would love you to ADD me ...

support and motivation to each other :)

BRING it ON ... 2012 is OUR YEAR !!!!
  • kristyemilia
    kristyemilia Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello! Yep !! I want to get rid of 40 too! So far I have 15 down, going to try to get another 15 off and then see how I go. I am quite tall (6 foot) so I don't want to look to skinny!
  • JulesofWinsto
    Options
    Hello from Sydney :)

Wanting to lose 30kilos now. I've lost about 12-15kgs from the start of my 'weight loss' but have only just got into MFP recently.

Feel free to add me, whoever wants to.:flowerforyou:
  • popchex
    popchex Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me! I have about 35kg to lose total. My initial goal is 10kg though, and getting in better shape as I have some mobility issues due to injuries.

Also: Adding a few of you!
  • chatswithpets
    chatswithpets Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've got 34kg to lose, although I have already lost about 11kg. I've stalled at this level for a couple of months now, but then I've been a bit slack with checking and haven't been walking. At least I haven't gained!!!
  • heartbeatoz
    heartbeatoz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well I've nearly got 30kg to lose 28.5 to be exact with my first goal to be 5kg off If I do it in smaller increments it doesn't seem so daunting.
    Cheers from Jacki in Adelaide
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    OH HAI. Yep, I've got about 32kgs to drop....it feels like a big number but I'm just going to go one by one...:smile:
  • chatswithpets
    chatswithpets Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not even looking at myself as being on a diet, I've still had the odd day where I've gone "Stuff it...I'm having a bag of M&M's" (peanut ofcourse). And hence the stall in weight loss. :laugh:

However, when I decided I was going to do something about my weight I made a deal with myself...to not deprive myself of anything, watch my portions...walk more...so I don't have to start depriving myself of anything.

Actually...the deal was...you can have it if you promise to walk it off, either earn it before or burn it after...so far so good. The other part of my deal with myself was not to push myself to get it off early. Just so long as the weight was heading in a downward motion and not in an upward motion I wasn't going to be fussed with how much a week. Even 100g loss in a week was still a loss and something to be happy about.

I'm quietly happy that i have lost as much as I have in the time frame I've done it in.

Mind you. After all these years I've finally worked out that I have to work to my strengths and weaknesses. Which meant finding a solution that I could maintain long term. For example: I don't really like going to the gym. So I decided that going to the gym to achieve the weight loss was not going to work...therefore I have not done any hard exercise. But I do enjoy walking and walking is something I have done all my life and will likely to continue to do so, until the feet or knees completely pack it in.

Anyway...I waffle.