what phone do you have?

Options

Replies

• blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have an LG Vue+. I don't want or need a smart phone. I have a computer for all that. Texting is great, calling and being able to take pictures is about all I want to do with a phone. I love the slide out keyboard.
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    iPhone 4, had it since it was released. Can't wait for the iPhone 5 later in the year.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Droid Razr :)
  • Hephree
    Hephree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was so hooked on the whole sidekick phenom back in the day, had all three sidekicks, ahh the memories! :)

So after iPhoning it up for years I found a droid that had that awesome sidekick reminiscent keyboard, so I've had the Samsung Transform for a while now :)
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Got myself a Samsung Galaxy Ace for my birthday and I'm loving it :love:

Battery life is a lot shorter than my Nokia, but then it's doing a heck of a lot more I guess :ohwell:

Rooting your android phone is the best way to get better battery life w/out having to get the ginormous extended battery. The HTC Thunderbolt has one of the absolute worst battery lives. Rooted I get 15-20 hrs now :) YAY for being a geek!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Got myself a Samsung Galaxy Ace for my birthday and I'm loving it :love:

Battery life is a lot shorter than my Nokia, but then it's doing a heck of a lot more I guess :ohwell:

Rooting your android phone is the best way to get better battery life w/out having to get the ginormous extended battery. The HTC Thunderbolt has one of the absolute worst battery lives. Rooted I get 15-20 hrs now :) YAY for being a geek!
    Ok... I'm a lapsed geek... so what exactly is Rooting?

I've got an app that extends battery life by about 60% but it's still needs charging daily. If I let the app loose it closes everything but 2G down and defeats the object of having a smart phone.

TBH... I don't really mind having to charge my baby daily... it' just getting into the habit :happy:
  • buddy529
    buddy529 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LG Rumor Touch.
  • mooremar
    Options
    I had always had an iPhone up to about 6 months ago when I thought I'd try another type. I went for an Android Samsung Galaxy S2, it was great had all the apps I needed and did all the things I wanted. The only down side for me was battery life. It would lose charge after about 7 hours, I tried better batteries etc but still no good. This frustration made me change back to an iPhone and I'm now a proud owner of an iPhone 4s and I'm in love again. Never again shall I stray.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I got the Iphone 4S just before Christmas! I LOVE it! I love the Siri feature! She reminds me of everything and can answer a lot of my questions lol. I haven't used my camera since. I just use the phone!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i'm not a big app guy but the few i have i LOVE
  • evie70
    evie70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the iPhone 4, daughter has the 4s and partner has the 3Gs. So funny, gotta agree about upgrading. Can't imagine life without a connection at my fingertips. Partner wanted nothing to do with it, had an LG, now she won't put the iPhone down. Lol
  • Just1Drew
    Options
    I've got the HTC EVO 4G. It's my first smartphone. Before my EVO, I didn't see why I would want a smartphone. After I got it though...I'm never without it! The Cozi Gold app has saved my butt so many times. With 8 people in the house, knowing what is going on in the month is really important! I sleep with my phone. lol
  • Martini25
    Options
    iPhone 4, Thinking of getting the iPhone 4S but not sure yet
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have the Galaxy S (android) and my partner has the iPhone 4. Our justification for having them is 'for 'business' but we use them more than any other 'clever' phones we've had in the past. e.g. i-mate, palm and Blackberry.

They are both very similar but I personally think the android is better. For instance, Android offers Google Nav for free and is exceptionally good: I couldn't revert back to any other GPS prog after having used it.

I use my (android) Galaxy S - her name is Stella - as my telephone, GPS unit, ebook reader, music player in the car (through car speakers) and kitchen (portable stereo speakers). It's my always at hand torch, calculator, shopping list, task list, calendar and camera/video recorder. Yes, I recharge the battery daily but that is no issue 'cos I just have it plugged in to the 'puter' as I work.

I'm not the sort of person to be constantly checking my emails and messages, and I turn off the ringer when in a public venue but I use it daily for all sorts of every day activities. And the best thing about Stella is that I can whip her out whenever confronted by the Apple fan boys. :devil:
  • jsanders65
    Options
    Love my iPhone. I even use it as a bike computer when riding with the wahoofitness sensors. You can put your iPhone right on your bike, in a crash proof case, and see your speed, etc. For a nerd like me... it's really nice. Smart phones are the way to go!
  • SkinnyKittyKatt
    Options
    I have the Blackberry Bold 9900 and i love it. Not a huge fan of touch screens but this phone has the best of both worlds. I use my Ipod 4 as a iphone when im overseas cuz its free.
  • luckylil13
    luckylil13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a violet mytouch Q (android)
    It has it's issues every now and then but most of the time I love it.
  • Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Droid Razr Maxx. Love it.

Sorry, don't do Apple anything. I am more of a Linux guy.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I carry a Motorola Droid RAZR riding Verizon (or serious) and a Samsung Sidekick 4G riding T-Mo (for fun). Also because I have a true (no throttling when I exceed any amount of data--ever) unlimited data plan from T-Mo, I hotspot from the Sidekick when I can. In some places, though, Verizon's signal is just better, and I hotspot from the RAZR, which has 6GB/month data. Between the two, I average 5~10GB data/month on mobile (and a god-forsaken lot more on my home cable and hotel wifi). I have never exceeded 6GB/month on Verizon, but I can buy more data @ $10/GB if I need it.

Yes, I am obsessively connected.