Level Twoers doing the low impact moves?

Options
TeresaC79
TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
Is anyone else doing mostly the low impact/beginner moves on level two?

I'm simply not strong enough in my upper body to hold me up doing the plank moves. Tell me I'm not alone!!!

Replies

• javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else doing mostly the low impact/beginner moves on level two?

I'm simply not strong enough in my upper body to hold me up doing the plank moves. Tell me I'm not alone!!!

You're not alone, I am doing mostly beginner moves on L2 as well. Can't fathom doing the full out moves, even in 9 more days...baby steps...
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The first time I did the shred I did them all modified, some I had to modify more than Anita does. I am hoping this time it is better.
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Planks, planks, and more planks! I'm tired of the planks in level 2! lol. Everything is a friggin' plank--plank jacks, walking plank....gee whiz J.M.! I am seeing results with 30 DS so i'll shut up now! Thanks for the vent! One more thing....those are barely low impact moves. Anita's hanging in there with Natalie and Jillian on most of the moves!
  • Karlaki
    Karlaki Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm modifying for low impact. Frankly I'm surprised that I'm able to hold the plank at all, but I can!! I just can't do any jumping stuff. I have an artificial ankle, high impact anything is bad for the joint and would cause it to wear and fail faster. I'm already 3 years over the life expectancy of the prosthetic joint. I avoid any risk to it when I can.

I'm loving level 2! It's really challenging, but fun in a twisted-hurt-me-so-good kind of way.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just started today, and had to do modified but it wasn't as bad as I thought....Maybe I'm speaking too soon,might not be saying the same thing after a few days of it LOL!
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Those planks are killers. I have to do the modified version and I stop often. I have Lupus...joint issues...so sometimes my joints get really sore!
  • deporee
    deporee Posts: 59
    Options
    I have to modify the modified version! LOL
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have to do the modified version too. I've did this level a couple of times and I just can't do the jumps. It kills my knees. I have one bad knee anyway but they both hurt if I do the jumps. Nothing wrong with doing the low impact moves!
  • AB963K
    AB963K Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am doing the low impact moves and struggle to keep up on a few of them !! stick with it sure it will get easier !!!!
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    you are not alone...I try to do the regular ones as much as possible, but always end up at modified for some period of the workout :smile:
  • rainas25
    rainas25 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm doing mostly the beginner moves and still having to take a few breaks!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Started Level 2 and I am still modifying all the plank moves
  • 1stampermom
    1stampermom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The planks aren't my problem...it's the arms and shoulders than are killers for me! Those V lift things with the chair squats - ouch. I do like level 2 better, although today I did 20 minutes of elliptical, then level 2 and it was much harder than yesterday with no elliptical. I burn about 35 more calories with level 2, so I like that, too!
  • PacificGirl
    Options
    I have to do the modifieds on a few, but not all. Not necessarily because I don't have the muscle or strength, but I have crappy joints from motocross and BMX racing that like to pop, click and grind out of place so I really don't try to encourage those dislocations to occur.
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Day 12 Level 2 D2 is done! Didnt want to do it, but I am so determined to get through this...Tomorrow will be interesting with a jog in the morning, spinning class and a kids birthday party I am taking my little one too...I hope I am able to do Day 13 D3...we shall see??
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I just did Level 2 for the first time this morning. Whatever those plank jumping in-and-out things are, I can't see myself EVER doing the advanced version. The rest of it I bet I could handle after a few days, but I thought my heart was going to explode through my chest when I tried those. The cardio in Level 2 is *way* harder than Level 1, imho. Do not like.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Haha...not only do I do the low-impact one, but I can't hold a proper plank position - I end up with my butt in the air and my arms way out in front of me. And while I can feel my legs getting stronger (I can do the "hard" squat in the v-thingies), my upper body strength is just sad. My shoulders/arms are WEAK!

Oh, and I still can't do the jump ropes for the entire time...which sucks since lvl 3 has jump ropes in the WARM UP!