How long have you been single?

Options

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I've technically been single for about 3 months now. However, the relationship was over long ago. These past 3 months I've been happier than I have been in the past 10 years! But the only drawback is living alone....and the lonliness. Other than that, life is perfect. :smile:

Funny, I feel the same way. I hate being lonely and bored.. (which is alot) but still, life is awesome and I'm breathing for the first time in a long time.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    March 2011
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Forgot I was in this group, lol.

Single since august 2011 after a 6 year marriage. It's kind of nice doing my own thing for a little. But I'm def gonna get lonely. I just need to learn how to physically meet people around where I live! Lol
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    for about 6 months or so.
  • lmgivan22
    lmgivan22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    been single going on a year now
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    "Technically" 4 months but for all intents and purposes probably close to a year and a half or so. Why is that, you ask? Well, for that past 1.5 years I was off and on with an ex-boyfriend but even during the on times I didn't really feel like I was a part of something. Both of us had changed a great deal since our earlier days (years prior) and it just wasn't working. October of 2011 we split for good and I couldn't believe how happy I was to put that chapter behind me.

At any rate, when I started here in March of 2011 I really didn't want to meet anyone, I was very devoted to myself and exercise and didn't want any distractions. This year I'm just as dedicated, and though I'm fine with being single, I am ready to get back in the dating game again. It would be lovely to have someone special in my life, better yet if he ran 5ks. :smile:

hmmmmm 5Ks I have done that onces or twice, wanna race? LOL
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Funny enough, i am enjoying the single life. I can channel my energy into my childen. I do get lonely on a Friday night and also sunday evenings.
    I am really frightened of falling in love again. Am too scared to get my heart broken again. Dont know how I would handle it.
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've been single for about 2 years now. For the most part, it's pretty awesome. Flirting and daydreaming without feeling guilty, and occasional random hook up is great! But I think I've enjoyed the single life long enough, and I'm ready to not be single much longer. I have some friends who have made it their goal for the year to find me a man.
  • leasalin
    leasalin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Officially 1 week (divorce was final).... Although he moved out a year ago and it was rocky for 2 years before that. So I'm right on the edge where I am starting to feel the 'goodness' of being single again. The part where you know things are better than they have been in years! I live for my kids and now myself. My focus is on me and healing from what I refer to as 'the mess', so there won't be any dating any time soon for me. I'll know when the time is right.... (I hope.... it's been 16 years!!) :)
  • carlos1989
    carlos1989 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    been single for about 3 years n glad i am... a lot of times it sucks cuz i really wouldnt mind just sittin around cuddlin or goin out with a girl but then again im glad im not tied down... but still i'd be nice to have someone who likes me for me :-)
  • BrittanyH8588
    BrittanyH8588 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have been single for 5 months and I am adjusting I have accomplished a lot in these 5 months (Started meeting with a tutor to get ready to take my final test for my GED, signed up for college, started back into church, made new friends and revived old friendships that had been left behind from when I was dating and so wrapped up in my ex, And best of all joined MFP and started working towards getting healthier!!) There are days when I look at all I have accomplished and am going to accomplish and think "Ok I can do this being single is not so bad." but other days I get really discouraged because literally all my friends have babies and are either married or in a relationship so I get really depressed sometimes when we are all hanging out together and they have their boyfriends,husbands,girlfriends,wives and adorable babies and I have nothing and no one. But everyday I am improving myself for that future guy who is out there waiting for me just got to keep my eyes set on my goals and everything else will fall into place :)
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Going on a year and a half.
  • jadedm
    jadedm Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Does the guys that dated me cause their friends push them to date me count? Loll Well.. I've been single for going on two years... Last relationship I was in, I was engaged and it wasn't what I thought it would be.. things moved to fast and to be honest.. I didn't know him like I thought I did.. So that ended sloppily. Being single is a curse and a blessing at the same time! Blessing..cause when I go out, I don't have to feel guilty... Curse cause... It's cold in the winter time damn it. >_< And my house is big..and drafty...With old fashion..." Turn the Pilot Light on" heaters.. Lol
  • mortla
    mortla Posts: 73
    Options
    Next month it will be 3 years since my last serious relationship. There are times I am okay with it and other times I am not okay with it. It's tough late at night when you're alone and you want someone to cuddle with.
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    All my life... :sigh:

All my life. I will probably end up a crazy cat lady!:laugh:
  • bouquet77
    bouquet77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    LADIES I thought the same too maybe he is looking in the wrong places x x x e]
    saruman, that's hard to believe, you're a cutie!

[/quote]

I thought the same thing!
    [/quote]
  • bouquet77
    Options
    THATS RUBBISH !

Going on a year and a half.
    [/quote]
  • bouquet77
    Options
    Ive been single since my 30th Bday when my husband decided to walk out on me I didnt have a clue that it was going to happen or that there was a problem maybe my heart just wasnt in it THE WRONG MAN WRONG TIME now i am unhappily single and hoping that this weigh lose that im trying for will give me the confidence I need to get back out there after being so badly hurt 4 years ago???
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    Iv'e been single all my life, have low self esteem because of it. I believe women dont give me the time of day because of how I look, but I am a really nice Sensitive caring guy if they took the chance to get to know me. Im a 100% Christian boy so my intentions are not Bad.
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Single since May.. Just started kinda dating someone though, taking it slow. :)