Wonder products!

Options

Replies

• Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms... Salad dressings, marinades, syrups, dips... all NO calorie, NO carb, and NO fat!

*Not everything tastes that great*

I like the balsamic vinegrette dressing and asian marinade for stir fry
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms... Salad dressings, marinades, syrups, dips... all NO calorie, NO carb, and NO fat!

*Not everything tastes that great*

I like the balsamic vinegrette dressing and asian marinade for stir fry

yes! this saved my life.

also i found "irresistibles" gluten free croutons that are quite low in carbs, add these, romaine lettuce, walden farms free ceasar dressing and grilled chicken strips= fantastic supper or lunch!

those lavash and other breads are great, so readily available in so many places.
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    the new pumpkin spice cream cheese....it is great on a MIM (cinnamon)....I wish it wasn't a "limited edition"....they should have it all year round, not just Thanksgiving....
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

"Shirataki Noodles...

Not fond of the Tofu versions: http://www.shiratakinoodles.net/

But like the brand JFC version of the noodles: http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/product/jfc-white-shirataki-noodles-16-0-oz

Im the opposite, I LOVE the tofu version - especially when making a beef stroganoff or a Czech style chicken paprikash..."

I've never tried the tofu version, I think. I just found "Miracle Noodles" and had the fettucine style tonight! OMG! LOVE THEM!! 0 everything!!
  • caligirl04
    caligirl04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big milk drinker anyway, but I buy unsweetened Almond Milk to use in my protein smoothies. And my daughter likes it in her cereal. :drinker:
  • caligirl04
    caligirl04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Check out George Stella. He is AWESOME!
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    GG Scandinavian CrispBread.
    12 cals a dense slice and 2 net carbs. can't beat that! and they are ultra filling for some reason. i have them w/ hummus or pickled herring or vegan 'chicken' salad almost every morning for breakfast. a good filling low carb breakfast that is under 100 cals ~works for me!
    (my local all natural supermarket carries them but can order off their website if not available near you).
  • panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Alpro Soya lite. 0.1 carbs per 100ml and tastes like milk to me!
  • jennyshipman79
    jennyshipman79 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Where can you get the Sugar Free peppermint mocha creamers? I totally LOVE the McDonalds Peppermint Mocha - but obviously they aren't low carb.

Thanks!!!
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Found the Coffee-mate Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha at Wegman's. 15ml has 2g Carbs. This is my morning coffee treat...Yummmmm! The Sugar Free Hazelnut is pretty good too with same carbs. The Hazelnut is powdered on shelf while the Peppermint is found in refrigerator section with other creamers.
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    Finn Crisp Rye Crispbreads - very thin, very high fibre therefore low net carbs, great for putting hummus, pates or cream cheese on. Only prob is they do tend to scratch the roof of your mouth as they're quite rough and sharp!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Jack Link's Original Beef Jerky 100 cal packs, they have 1g. Fat, 4g. Carbs, and 18g. Protein!!
  • shopper46
    shopper46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk in my protein shake. I make a shake from stuff I get at whole foods. Min. carb I do half water half almond milk.
  • Trixiebelle67
    Trixiebelle67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If anyone is looking for options in Canada, http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com. They ship all over Canada. We buy the Davinci syrups, Atkins bars (they have flavours I haven't found anywhere else), noodles, and baking alternatives.

I've always been a starchy sweet addict, so I find I need some of that kind of texture and taste to keep me on track.
  • CharlieLopez2005
    Options
    Kroger has a brand of low carb yogurt called "Carb Master" that's 60 calories, 8g of protein, 1.5g of fat, and 4 net carbs per 6oz cup. The newer flavors, Banana Cream Pie and White Chocolate with Raspberry, are a great ice cream/dessert substitute--without any of the fake sugars to boot, plus some probiotics. Sprinkle some nuts over top, and it's delicious!

Pork Cracklins...it's helped me overcome my life-long weakness for movie popcorn. It's a little firmer and thicker than pork rinds, some brands are even quite crunchy, like corn nuts, all great for dipping (in melted butter!). Or just mix in with some flavored salts, shake in a sandwich bag, and it's a great treat to bring to the movies instead of caving in to popcorn with all that fake butter.

Rao's Marinara or Arrabbatta sauce. It's expensive at Walmart and Kroger, but it's 3 net carbs per serving (a whole big jar is 6 servings), and all of the ingredients in it are high quality and easily pronounceable. Goes great with Shirataki noodles (I like the Miracle Noodle brand) and is a great 0 net carb substitute for hitherto life-long pastafarians like myself.

For pizza lovers (and I used to manage a pizzeria), look up recipes for "Meatza." It's basically a normal pizza but instead of a dough crust, it's baked on top of a thin meat loaf layer. All kinds of ways to jazz it up.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hood Calorie Countdown Low carb. Milk.....only 3g. of net carbs. per cup and 70 calories. It comes in chocolate as well,but I can't find it around here anymore :(.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    www.lowcarbdiets.about.com

that is the best low carb site i have ever found....EVERYTHING is there and i mean everything.......

you will spend hours on it...great videos and great recepies ....

try it you will like it.....

but some pepperoni chips and put them in teh microwave for 25 seconds and they will come out crispy like potato chips..

my favorite low carb treat is the faux mashed potatoes made with cauliflower.....

great site here...
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I love Honeyville almond flour. I've tried to make my own, but couldn't get the right consistency. www.honeyvillegrain.com

Also www.nuts.com has some good low carb products too.
  • beowulf
    beowulf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think for nutrition Almond milk is amazing, but i just bought some to try the other day and I spat it out. UGH. If I can find some yummy coffee drink to make with it, MAYBE I will give it a shot... Someone give me some non-gross uses?

Have you tried making your own Almond Milk? It is super easy if you have a good blender (I use a VitaMix). It tastes like fresh almonds, nothing like the stuff you buy in cartons.
    Just blend 1/4 c raw almonds on high for maybe 10 seconds, then add 1 cup water and blend on high for 60 seconds.
    You might want to strain the result if you have a regular blender.
    Some people soak the almonds overnight and pop off the skins before blending (I don't bother).
    Fresh Almond Milk is great in shakes (with or without Whey, Berries, etc).
    It is also nice as a thickener in puréed vegetable soups (yellow squash or turnips).
    I don't like it in coffee and I don't drink it straight.
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just used some Casa Visco pizza sauce and it was ok. There are 3g of net carbs per 1/4c serving and no added sugar.

http://www.casavisco.com/store-locator/

I made a pizza with that and Flat Out Light wraps

http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/flatout-wraps/flatout-light/

With the cheese and Armour Low Sodium Pepperoni, the pizza was 20g of carbs - 9g of fiber, so 11 net carbs.