X2 Recovery and Mobility Day 3

Options
2»

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I didn't do this DVD yesterday ... but I did foam roll while I was watching TV. My right hip and thigh were pretty sore so I just layed down on the floor and started to roll and hold and today I feel much better. I am looking forward to my rumble roller coming, even if I am a tad nervous about it.
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Nice! I think you can pretty much get the same effects as the workout without having to actually follow it, kwim? I attempted to do the same thing watching TV last night but it killed and is going to hurt even more today, as I am sore in my legs and left hip from my long run yesterday!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I did the video a couple times but I prefer to do it while I'm watching TV... one night I did it for 90 minutes while watching tv! It felt sooo good!! I had a terrible migrane and i layed on my neck and it helped A LOT!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    So here is my foam rolling success story:

Friday night, while watching TV (which I never do), I used the foam roller for an hour 1/2 hour on each leg. I knew I was doing my long run on Saturday and figured a little extra attention wouldn't hurt. So Saturday AM, I did Brazilian Butt Lift before my run to warm up my hips and glutes. I immediately was able to put my palms on the floor before I even stretched. It caught me by surprise. I'm generally pretty tight due to all my running and intensity of my exercises, especially following Base and Back on Friday, which was more plyo than I'd expected.

So Sunday, I got stuck in the house w/o kids or a car, and foam rolled, all day, probably a good 3 hours off and on between other projects. My calf is still sore, from pushing too hard in my run, but definitely an improvement.

For Valentine's day - is it odd to beg for the rumble roller?
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    ask ! i bought one its coming today and I'm super excited!!! I cant wait to feel the pain

as a side note: I think I am going to cut out the official DVD from this program and instead spend an hour working on my rolling only while watching TV. I have spots that I know I need work on and if I can get the tightness and knots out of these areas I will become more flexible and mobile. I will do this on Sunday and Wednesday and use the time in the "warm ups" to work on problem areas that relate to the workout of the day. This will have me foam rolling 7 days a week and this old body of mine will be much better for it.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    ask ! i bought one its coming today and I'm super excited!!! I cant wait to feel the pain

as a side note: I think I am going to cut out the official DVD from this program and instead spend an hour working on my rolling only while watching TV. I have spots that I know I need work on and if I can get the tightness and knots out of these areas I will become more flexible and mobile. I will do this on Sunday and Wednesday and use the time in the "warm ups" to work on problem areas that relate to the workout of the day. This will have me foam rolling 7 days a week and this old body of mine will be much better for it.
    This is a good idea!
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    No way, nothing wrong with asking for that for V-Day!! :)

I ended up doing this workout tonight... plyo tomorrow. Man I needed it, and I plan on doing some more rolling on my calves and back watching TV, too.

Has anyone thought about what a neighbor would be thinking if they ever looked in your window and saw some of the positions you are in on the roller to properly get at certain muscles? I was randomly thinking about that tonight! :)
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Rumble Roller came in tonight and I used it during the Plyocide warmup tonight. Tomorrow I am going to roll for 1 hour without using the DVD. Get home from work and pop on the TV and watch the DVR'd episodes of South Park, 2 will get me through the hour I plan to roll. This thing is a whole other form of torture. Where I had to double up my legs to get into my calves it's too much with the Rumble Roller Death 10,000 ... seriously, it digs in. I can't wait to just sit there and move slightly back and forth ... it's gonna kill but it's gonna feel so good!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm not a TV watcher, so I need to continue to do the Recovery & Mobility just for the sake of spending the time. I will roll out a few minutes while watching weather report, while eating lunch at home, or in the evening while hanging out with the kids before bed, but I'm admittedly really bad about just sitting still.

Rumble roller request has been made, amazon has these, they are more expensive than beach body, but come in firm and extra firm as well as shorter and longer.

I also use a double thumper massage thingy. I it on it for my piriformus and it's killer on my calves. I have been in PT for piriformus issues and finally gave up and am headed for a massage today. This seems the only way to really get it stretching out, hoping he will work on my calves too. With the rumble roller, hopeful I can give up these monthly massages. If not, I'll get the Dr to write an RX for them to. This old body really needs more attention than I give it for recovery.

I also ordered a Yoga Ball Chair for my desk at work, loving it and works so super on posture too.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    MLB, I got the Extra Firm from Amazon ... the long one. While technically a soft ball will do the same thing, I like the length of the Rumble Roller and it provides more control then a soft ball. I am really looking forward to using it tonight and doing this. I am going to have to super hydrate though to help flush the toxins out of my body that this rumble rolling will release.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Rumble Rolled for 45 minutes tonight. Could only last that long. When I got done my legs felt like jelly. So good. I am going to be utilizing this roller forever! If you are thinking about getting it, I would. You can interchange between that and the smooth roller. This is great for the legs but upper body and back I think it's too stiff for.