Replies

• jkreed04
    Options
    All my life:ohwell:
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've been single since 2008.
    I've dated a couple guys since then... but nothing would qualify as a relationship.
    I'm busy working on myself now anyways,
    I figure if I meet someone great, if I don't, well, that's fine too!
    Life is too short to fret over things like being single.

Besides, I think it's more romantic if you don't go looking for love, love should find you.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Tricky question for me. Officially my last relationship ended in late November. We were on and off again before that and really considered ourselves just dating before I took out the dating aspect of it. Now I'm dating someone else, but it's not a relationship yet.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Since birth lol!
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    almost two months, officially...but it really ended long before that :)
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    about a year and a half

and since the breakup life has been great - bought my first home, loved living on my own for the first time (no flatmates) got a pet that I love and now I've lost weight

everything is coming up Millhouse :bigsmile:
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Iv'e been single all my life, have low self esteem because of it. I believe women dont give me the time of day because of how I look, but I am a really nice Sensitive caring guy if they took the chance to get to know me. Im a 100% Christian boy so my intentions are not Bad.

That's a real shame! Don't let it get you down though. If girls aren't taking an interest, sounds like maybe they're too shallow anyway. I am confidant that you will find that special someone who deserves you. One of my really close girl friends was the same way, really didn't date anyone, and now she is happily married (one of the happiest couples I know) to a man that truly appreciates her and is her perfect match. They read scripture together and are the cutest couple! Now that she has found her match, she no longer regrets the time she spent looking for him! :)
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been single technically since May 2004 (7 1/2 years ago) when my husband started running around on me with a girl that I considered to be my friend. I didn't find out until a couple of months later at which time I kicked him out. `We officially are divorced as of just July of 2011 (it took him FOREVER to file and I refused to since I didn't think I should have to pay for a divorce when I wasn't the one who had wanted to leave) and then just 2 weeks after it was official, he remarried the girl he cheated on me with. Sigh... With that being said, I am kind of glad that I am single because I definitely don't need a man in my life that is going to hurt me and lie to me like he did. I am focusing on my kids and myself. And... I can honestly say that I have taught myself to do more stuff by myself in the last 7 1/2 years that I normally would have relied on a man to do for me. As a result, I am a better person for it! I actually thanked my ex not too long ago, and when he looked at me perplexed, I just said thank you for leaving and making me a better person. LOL I even at one point went to a DivorceCare program at the church and part of it involved acknowledging that the ex was not solely responsible for the death of the marriage. I thought on that for a while, and did eventually apologize to my ex for my role in it. Whether it be that I left him feeling neglected, or that I wasn't there for him, or whatever, I hurt him and he sought solace in the arms of another woman. It's all good though. If the right man came along, I could be open to dating, but I was not willing to date while I was waiting for my divorce to be legal. I am officially on the market. LOL I cannot believe I have just told you guys all this! Anyway, I am new to MFP and looking for more friends to add for motivation and support. So if you're looking for someone to be friends with, feel free to send me a request!
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    All my life... :sigh:

*hugs* Your to cute to be single all your life! :P You're just looking in the wrong places perhaps? Then again what do I know? I usually get all the creeps. I've been single for over a year and a half.
  • shamrck44
    Options
    Almost a year. XH and I split up last February. I don't mind being alone I enjoy the freedom but being single in a couple world bites. It is hard to keep the same friendship with BFF now because she wants to do everything with other couples.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have always been single. I had a very serious and long term relationship when I was younger and it was a mess, very drama and alot of heartbreak. Since then really shied away from them. I love to date and trying to do more of it now. I just would like to find someone who takes their health as seriously as we all do!
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Going on 4 years, I'm unwanted. LOL
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been single about three years now. The last boyfriend I had was kind of a *kitten*, and so was the one before him, and the one before him... See a pattern here? LOL.

Right now I'm focusing on getting happy and healthy before I worry about adding romance to the mix!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have always been single. Weird, right? I bought into the idea for a really long time that it was because there was something wrong with me. Now I'm realizing it's because I was probably trying too hard. So now, I'm just relaxing and enjoying life and if something happens, it happens. I'm over the idea that there is one perfect person out there for each of us.

Me, too! And I am almost 35. Talk about weird. I had a few 3 month semi relationships,had a man that was in love with me but I didn't feel the same, but no long term relationships. I don't know why. Just never clicked for me. I want it, just haven't really been smitten or met my match.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    no LTR for the last four years. the longest i was with someone was for about 3 or 4 mos my junior year of college, but we split up when he took a job elsewhere. for the most part, i don't regret it for a second.
  • blondierandi
    Options
    2 years. It ended badly.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Seems like for ever. I was married for 11 years and divorced in 1995.:brokenheart: Later had a realtionship for a few years but being a single mom it is hard to expect somone will take on someone elses kids. :brokenheart:

For 10 years now :ohwell: I have been single. Raised my kids and now looking to really date again. :wink:

Very similar for me. Divorced for 10 years, had 2 relationships, single for the last 6. Trying to date but not having much success.

Dating is hard :huh:

Yep. And the longer you're out of the "game" the harder it seems to be to get back into it...I was in a serious relationship for 4 years. Have now been single for almost 8 years. It's getting a little old. :huh:
  • Bradozzz85
    Options
    A year since my last time "Dating somone semi officially". 3 years since my last real relationship. That was 3 years long
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Divorced for 16 years....No serious relationships in 11 Years.
  • CarolAnn0730
    Options
    Divorced for 5 years.... dated someone steady for about 3 years and that ended about 3 months ago.