Yay!

Options

Replies

• Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, falling a bit behind. Level 2 tonight for sure! Want to work to RI30 at least 3-4 times this week. How is Level 3 compared to level 2?

Keep at it everyone!

I feel like level 3 really focuses on working out my legs for the first two circuits and then my arms/shoulders toward the end. (Don't get my wrong, there's still ab work, I just don't feel it's as focused as in level 2 with all the planks).
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Did L3 d2 today. Liked it once I got past circuit 1! Duck walk - ugh. I have to do them semi upright.
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I did L2D2 today. I've at least got most of the moves figured out now, and got a much better workout than the first time through. But the crow pushups? Not gonna happen. I think I'll try the modified version and see if I can do that next time. Also, the one where you lift your butt off the ground and then go to the table pose? I just can't get the hang of that. I'm not sure why, but it just doesn't work. Maybe I'll try it outside of the workout and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. This is why I don't do Zumba, I'm just too uncoordinated!
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did L2D2 today. I've at least got most of the moves figured out now, and got a much better workout than the first time through. But the crow pushups? Not gonna happen. I think I'll try the modified version and see if I can do that next time. Also, the one where you lift your butt off the ground and then go to the table pose? I just can't get the hang of that. I'm not sure why, but it just doesn't work. Maybe I'll try it outside of the workout and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. This is why I don't do Zumba, I'm just too uncoordinated!

We are in the same place. Doing L2D2 tonight. I like the crow push ups. :) The side lung lift i feel i am not doing right. So i keep pausing and watching the girls to make sure i am going deep enough. I like the new girl in the video. I felt in level one the blonde girl was doing harder versions than the advanced one. Trying to get 4 works done this week before i have family coming in this weekend. It's going to be a juggle.
  • Akjenn89
    Options
    @ Verueshka: I have to do the duck walks somewhat upright too. My knees just can't handle going that low.

@ncytiz: I had trouble with the table pose too...You'll see it again in Level 3. My main issue I realized was how I was positioning my hands. Fixing that made a huge difference for me.
  • phixius
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to this group and to dieting. I got married a year and a half ago and went from 160 to 185 and I miss my old body! I've tried small diets before and they work for a while but I decided to get a little help from Jillian Michaels this time! ^_^ So I bought RI 30 last weekend and started it on Sunday so today I completed Week 1 Day 4! My whole body is cursing me right now! Does anyone have any suggestions on what to eat or take to get the proper amount of potassium? I have the worst cramps in my calves today! Lol. I'm just soooo excited that everything is already feeling tighter!
  • natalie412
    Options

Yeah the crow pushups are pretty impossible. I did those on my knees, and still didn't feel like I was getting down very far - although they dont go all the way down. The ab hold and table pose is tough - I kept wanting to get up on my fingers to get my butt to clear the carpet completely, but you can't sustain that! Its gotta be a little easier if you have longer arms or a short torso!
  • ncytiz
    Options

Yeah the crow pushups are pretty impossible. I did those on my knees, and still didn't feel like I was getting down very far - although they dont go all the way down. The ab hold and table pose is tough - I kept wanting to get up on my fingers to get my butt to clear the carpet completely, but you can't sustain that! Its gotta be a little easier if you have longer arms or a short torso!

I'm glad it's not just me! I have really short arms, so I'll take that excuse :wink:
  • ncytiz
    Options
    @ncytiz: I had trouble with the table pose too...You'll see it again in Level 3. My main issue I realized was how I was positioning my hands. Fixing that made a huge difference for me.

Thanks! I'll take a look at that and see if it helps. If I have to do it on level 3 too, I better figure out how to do it!
  • Akjenn89
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to this group and to dieting. I got married a year and a half ago and went from 160 to 185 and I miss my old body! I've tried small diets before and they work for a while but I decided to get a little help from Jillian Michaels this time! ^_^ So I bought RI 30 last weekend and started it on Sunday so today I completed Week 1 Day 4! My whole body is cursing me right now! Does anyone have any suggestions on what to eat or take to get the proper amount of potassium? I have the worst cramps in my calves today! Lol. I'm just soooo excited that everything is already feeling tighter!

Welcome to the group! :) I remember the first 4 days being the worst -- I was sore all over the place. But it gets better. :) Besides bananas being high in potassium, I've also read that avocados, dark chocolate (yay? maybe?), dried apricots, raisins, sunflower seeds, and nuts (like walnuts, almonds, cashews) are high in potassium also.. I think strawberries might also have been mentioned but I can't honestly remember. I never bothered actually looking up the stats though to see how much potassium each thing provides.
  • phixius
    Options
    Thanks! I had heard that avocados have a lot of potassium in the but they are gross. Lol. But I had never thought about nuts. Thanks for all the suggestions! I am kinda of disappointed this morning though because normally I wake up sore from workingout the day before but this morning I wasn't. Oh well guess I will just have to put more effort into my workout tonight!

Welcome to the group! :) I remember the first 4 days being the worst -- I was sore all over the place. But it gets better. :) Besides bananas being high in potassium, I've also read that avocados, dark chocolate (yay? maybe?), dried apricots, raisins, sunflower seeds, and nuts (like walnuts, almonds, cashews) are high in potassium also.. I think strawberries might also have been mentioned but I can't honestly remember. I never bothered actually looking up the stats though to see how much potassium each thing provides.
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Finished L2D2. I am liking this level much more than L1. I am so sore today. It is really working my abs and shoulders. I plan to do new measurements and a weight in this Sunday and see how RI30 has made a difference. These workouts are a lot harder than 30DS but i like it. Makes me wonder what is L4 like?? Yikes :)

Going to do some cardio tonight to give my abs a rest and then back to L2 this weekend.
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Did L2D3 today. I still can't do the crow push ups, but at least on my knees, I feel like I'm getting a little bit of work, even if I'm not doing them right. On the butt lift to the table pose, I really think it's true that my arms are too short. With my hands flat on the ground, I simply cannot lift myself up because by arms are already fully extended. Today when I did it, I held my weights in my hands so I could lift my body up a bit.. It worked better, even though I still dragged my butt as I moved in and out of the table pose, lol!

Have a good weekend, everyone!
  • Akjenn89
    Options
    L3D6 out of the books. I feel like I finally get the work outs down and then I have to move on to a new level. Haha. I'm so excited and scared at the same time for level 4! I'm taking my rest day tomorrow.

The scale hasn't budged since I've started this -- anyone else having the same issue? Don't get me wrong, I feel a bunch healthier and haven't taken my measurements yet (waiting until the very end), but just wondering if I was the only one that hasn't seen an improvement weight wise.
  • natalie412
    Options
    Did L3D3 today. Did not workout the last two days - had an work emergency. Back on track today though. I was going to run, but it snowed. Guess I could go to the rec center, but I already showered (whine, whine!). I felt pretty nauseous after my workout today - should have had some water first!

Akjenn - can't wait to see what you think of L4! I have lost a little - I am averaging 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound a week (although I usually lose no weight one week, and then lose 1 1/2 pounds or so the next week - weird, huh?) I have lost a few more inches overall as well.
  • Akjenn89
    Options
    I felt pretty nauseous after my workout today - should have had some water first!

Oh no! I hate that feeling!
    Akjenn - can't wait to see what you think of L4!

So I said I was going to take yesterday (today?) off, but I couldn't sleep so I ended up doing it just a little bit ago. I was hoping it would wear me out so I could go to sleep, but instead I think I'm experiencing an exercise high at the moment. Even though my muscles feel worn out and shakey (I attempted to up my weights on the first try O_O), my mind is still racing.. Anyway. I'll stop rambling.

I like the warm out a lot better this level than the last one.. I feel like I'm actually getting to stretch out my muscles instead of just warm them up. (If that makes any sense?) I kinda feel like this level combines a yoga feel with some other high intensity moves. Hard to explain... but for example, one moment you're doing crescent poses, the next you're doing burpies.
    I have lost a little - I am averaging 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound a week (although I usually lose no weight one week, and then lose 1 1/2 pounds or so the next week - weird, huh?) I have lost a few more inches overall as well.

That's pretty good! :) Sounds like you're doing really well.

My goal was to lose 3 pounds this month, but instead I actually gained a little weight and it stayed there for 2 weeks and today it decided to bounce back to where I started. No idea what my body is doing. Haha.

Edit: Wow, sorry, this post was a lot longer than I intended. I guess I tend to ramble when I'm overtired. Sorry!
  • ncytiz
    Options
    You guys are moving right along! Good job :smile:

I did L2D4 today. Parts of it are getting easier, parts of it I still can't do properly, but I'm buring around 290 each time, so I guess I'm getting a pretty good burn anyway.

I weighed and measured and I've lost 2.6 lbs (since Jan 2) and 4.5 inches (one month since last measurements). I think it helps a lot that I'm still working hard on my running 2 days a week also. I started eating back 1/2 of my exercise calories when I started this workout, so it's nice to know I can still lose and be able to eat more at the same time!
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    YAY everyone is doing so well! I did RI30 L2D4 last night I think. I don't have my calendar in front of me to i might be off a day. Anyway doing it again tonight. I want to move on to L3 this weekend for sure. Last night was tough i think i ate too much salt and felt bloat which is not a great way to workout but i pushed through anyway. Feeling back to myself today so i hope i can push through better tonight. I lost another pound but want to make sure it sticks before recording it. How about you guys? Any weight loss or inches in the past week or so?

Keep at it everyone!
  • natalie412
    Options
    Just did L3D5. Ugh. Really don't like L4 very much. The only Strength circuit I enjoy is Circuit 2. Hope I like Week 4 better. I'm ready to move onto a new workout! Oh, my sore triceps (from circuit 3)!
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I joined the group but haven't been very active, my apologies!
    I started RI30 a bit late and am doing 5 days of each level. Level 3 was too hard, so I quit after 2 days and moved on to Level 4!
    I will probably try to finish 5 days of Level 4 and then do 3 days of Level 3, because I want to start something new for the 1st of Feb.

So far, I am still the same weight and have not been able to break out of my plateau. I don't think I've lost any inches either. But I feel better for at least making myself move my butt. That's an achievement in itself! :)

Good luck to everyone out there! if anyone has tips on how to survive level 3, that would be great! :P
    Take care!