The hardest pushup/plank, can you do it?

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    haha good effort. I was collecting all the DBZ figurines & balls when I was in Japan last. Got a heap but not all of them.

This thread has certainly gone on a slight tangaent :P

Moral is: watch DBZ = be able to do hardest pushup/plank in the world. haha
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Here is one from my class: 1 min do "reverse burpee - jumping jacks" its basically a push up - hop into a squat - get up and one jack. And so on. I don't know how to describe it any better.

starting from the bottom?

Aah the difference to regular burpee is the jumping jack. Yep, that would be a lot harder than the little hop that most people end up doing for burpees. (myself included)

You really start standing and then you proceed to go down in a simple push up once you come up from the push up you would jump into a squat (hands off floor makes it harder, i.e. you need to push with an oompf from the push up down position into the squat - kind of explosive). then you simply stand up into a standing position and perform the jumping jack - if that makes any sense. I did it again this evenin. I love it, it's an awesome change from the normal and modified burpees.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    gotcha :)
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hehe.

Did 11 drunk for fun
    11 FOR FUN, HA I CAN ONLY DO SIX AND MY LOWER BACK GETS PISSED OFF AT ME LOL
  • Abigailblue39
    Options
    I looked at the video, I'm not even gonna try, I can't hold my arm over head like this: standing - let alone in a push up.. It sucks getting old, hehe
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yay DBZ. I enjoy going super saiyan during workouts especially during legs. There is much yelling involved.

Also, there is a push up that is harder, but I will neither speak of, or demonstrate it here as it applies exclusively to males.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm soooo mature.

DBZ happens to be my favorite!Lol thats why my hair is somewhat blonde. Partial super saiyan right? Lol ok im a nerd ^-^

My roomies bf just got like half of one! I still can't move >.> Both of you teach me your ways! Haha xD

You must be a half breed like Gohan and Trunks :)

My advice, keep the core tight, and squeeze them cheeks to prevent any mishaps.
    BAHAHAHA I'M A BIGGER NERD I GOT ALL THE TOYS EVEN THE JAPANESE VERSIONS EVERY VARIANT OF THE CHARACTERS FROM DRAGON BALL TO GT AND ALL THE UNCUT SERIES AND MOVIES LOL I WIN AS BIGGEST DBZ NERD!!
    6438620031_40bbe4cb94.jpg
    file:///mnt/sdcard/download/SSJ5_Kakarot by keola64@rocketmail.com, on Flickr
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    haha. That's the response I got from my smart *kitten* mates on FB.
  • Abigailblue39
    Options
    Q & Chris: Ok, what did I miss? Where was the joke? English = my second language!! So you have to explain to me what the even harder push up consists of... You can do it in German, too but you might get blocked because the moderators can only handle English...
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    hehe, it is a male only pushup if you get what I mean :tongue:
  • Abigailblue39
    Options
    ok, I got it - even though, I had to look it up - buy would add this: one can then only hope that this exercise would last longer than 6-11 times... hehe
  • MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    WOW yeaa i failed, and not just failed it was an epic fail. ughhh, but i will master that, im gonna keep it up!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    ok, I got it - even though, I had to look it up - buy would add this: one can then only hope that this exercise would last longer than 6-11 times... hehe

That's asking a bit much isn't it :tongue:

Mrsjackieh: congrats on attempting! Ab wheel rollouts from knees would be a good progression to get to the pushup/plank IMO
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    WOW yeaa i failed, and not just failed it was an epic fail. ughhh, but i will master that, im gonna keep it up!

Keep working at it, you'll get there!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Well I flopped around like a fish out of water, but my awesome hubby pumped out 8 no problem!
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    LOL so I try to get some of my family to do those superman pushups I did 6 to show them how its done,my wife..fail, 14yr old daughter..fail..daughters friend..fail,LMAO MY 8yr OLD DAUGHTER CRANKS OUT 8 IN A ROW!! THEN PROCEEDS TO DO 3 MORE TO SHOW OFF ,I knew she would be able to do them due to her being a gymnist but an she showed me up.:laugh:
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    We we giggling like crazy, but my daughters and I tried the superman push-ups... FAIL!!!:laugh: :noway:
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    LOL so I try to get some of my family to do those superman pushups I did 6 to show them how its done,my wife..fail, 14yr old daughter..fail..daughters friend..fail,LMAO MY 8yr OLD DAUGHTER CRANKS OUT 8 IN A ROW!! THEN PROCEEDS TO DO 3 MORE TO SHOW OFF ,I knew she would be able to do them due to her being a gymnist but an she showed me up.:laugh:

Bloody gymnasts! Wish I did that when I was a kid instead of stupid soccer!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Tonight I asked my kick boxing instructor if he could do them... he popped 8 like he was adding 2 plus 2... Very impressive dude!!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Tonight I asked my kick boxing instructor if he could do them... he popped 8 like he was adding 2 plus 2... Very impressive dude!!

My buddy who practices BJJ, did 6 after doing a set of deadlifts.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried in a while. But I was able to do about 3 of these today!