Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• Gonzroc
    Options
    HI all, I'm Rochelle and live west of nashville. Moved here from south FL in 2006. Still not sure if I like this cold weather..haha
  • PredsGal
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tammy and I live in the Nashville area. I'm a huge Predator's fan, hockey mom, Cub Scout leader and work full time outside of the home. To say I have little time to take care of myself is a gross understatement. But I've found myself in the worst shape of my life and I have to do something about it. I joined the "biggest loser" contest at work, and so far I've lost 7lbs the first 2 weeks. I know that if I am accountable for my food I'll do better, so myfitnesspal is a huge help to me.

Feel free to add me if you want a little extra encouragement!
  • always12go
    always12go Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in the Winchester area and have lived here for about 6 years now. Glad to see a group on here for the TN area
  • livetolove24
    livetolove24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am Amy and I was born in Nashville and have lived in the LaVergne/Smyrna area ever since.
  • Soogie72
    Options
    Hi! My name is Missy. I am in Lynchburg Tn. I was born and raised here but I left for 6 yrs then came right back. I have needed to lose weight since my oldest was born in 1998. Now my youngest is 8 and I have no excuse for the baby weight. Excited to meet people to keep me motivated.
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am not from Tennessee...:flowerforyou: but absolutely love it there. I am from Northern Canada, probably live closer to the North Pole than TN. lol.

Hubby and I visited TN for the first time in 2005 for Hubby`s 40th birthday, we are now hooked. We went again in 2007 for my 40th, and then in 2009 and 2011 for the CMA Fest in Nashville. We always spend time in Memphis for a couple days, over to Nashville for awhile, and then over to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburge area to stay in one of those fabulous cabins. We usually make stops at Loretta Lynn's Ranch and Lynchburg. TN is beautiful, and the people are so nice. I have been there in June and September/October. I cannot make up my mind which is better, the lightening bugs (it is the first time I have ever seen them) or the fall foliage. I am already planning my next trip, and would like to bring our daughters this time to show them what we enjoy so much. It costs a lot to get there from where we live, otherwise we would make the trip more frequently (it is a 12 hour drive to get to the international airport, then it is approximately 6 1/2 flight from there)

I am also a big Predators fan. Tootoo lived with my brother-in-law and his family years ago to play hockey near where I live. It was so much fun to catch the opening game in Nashville in 2007!

Hubby and I would like to become snowbirds and live part time in TN when we retire.:heart::heart:
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My name is Marti. I was born in Knoxville, moved to the middle TN area when I was 3 years old. Then moved to Wayne Michigan when I was 9. Married a Michigan boy, who joined the Navy. I have lived in Iceland,South Carolina,Florida and Mississippi. When the hubby got out of the Navy we decided to move back to my home state. We love TN.
  • alliekat893
    Options
    Hi folks! I'm Allison (or Allie). I was born in East Ridge, grew up in White House and now my husband and I live in Madison with our 3 dogs and 2 cats.

I have lost 34 pounds and have a long way to go. I struggle with my weight and I have PCOS which is a contributing factor, but I am trying very hard to control my weight and not let it control me. I would love to have some friends so my stream isn't so empty, so feel free to add me if you like (anybody)!

I have to stay involved in my weight loss or I backslide, and it's too easy to put it all back on.
  • CoachLewis81
    Options
    I'm originally from St. Louis, but moved to West Tennessee about 4 years ago.
  • darthjenny
    Options
    I'm Jen :) I've lived in Tennessee (Lebanon) not far from Nashville for about 9 years now. I moved here from Maryland. I'm 32, single mom...just trying to get back in shape. :)
  • karen0080
    Options
    I have been in TN for the last 8 years. I love it here. I'm in Crossville. I'm Karen
  • SouthernYankeeGrl
    Options
    Hello everyone! I moved to Clarksville TN in 2009 to pursue my teaching career. I met my husband while I was here teaching. We got married in June '11. We are doing the weight loss together so we can go out and do some more things to make us active! Something I would like to see on here are some great southern recipes that are low in fat and calories. Hope everyone is having a great night! Take care! :)
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Hey, I live in West Tennessee. I ride a Honda Goldwing, shoot guns, Sunday School teacher, accountant, have a wonderful wife (most of the time) and 3 boys. I have lived in TN almost all my life (30+ years) and I ablsolutly love it here.

Feel free to add me if you like
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amber! I was born in Lebanon and have lived in TN most of my life. I now live on the Wilson County side of Old Hickory. I'm 28, and I would love to finally get control of my weight before I hit my 30s! I've got about 40 pounds to lose.
  • mirthegeologist
    mirthegeologist Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I live in Franklin with my husband and our two dogs. I originally moved to Nashville in 2000 from Oregon, but I've become a typical Southerner.
  • cmbarnes
    cmbarnes Posts: 46
    Options
    Hello, everybody! My name is Christy, and I live in Caryville (north of Knoxville). I've lived in Northeast Tennessee my whole life, and I love the area. I'm 38 years old and married, and I have a 9 year old son. I'm looking forward to sharing progress, encouragement and fun stuff with other Tennesseeans!
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.. My name is Lesley. I am 28 will be 29 in September. I can see the majority are transplants lol I am a born and raised Tennessee Gal. I love this state. There is something for everyone. I have about 120lbs to lose, I am trying to do it before I turn 30 I have a year and a half to go. My highest weight was around 304 right now I am at 289. I would love to get a group together to meet at a park or something walk, or go hiking, or anything outdoors. I live in Wilson County but can drive to a middle meeting area. The weather is getting nicer and I am ready for outdoor activities. Feel free to add me. Lets take on the world :)
  • jenallman
    jenallman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer. I live just southeast of Nashville. I am married and have three sons.

I am originally from Michigan, moved to TN in 2004. We vacationed in TN my whole life though. My parents love it here and plan to retire here. When jobs got scarce in Michigan my husband and I moved to Nashville. We love it here.
  • TimothyNovelo
    TimothyNovelo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I live in Knoxville and I'm new to the site. I have lost 20 pounds on my own before I joined myfitnesspal and I am hoping it will help me lose the last 10 to 15. I love to run!
  • pepsimomswk
    Options
    Hi y'all. I am a born and raised west Tennessee girl. I have always loved it here. I am married have 2 grown sons and a 17 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter and 4 grandbabies. I was told recently either lose weight or have surgery. Well I am determined no surgery for me. I have lost 17.8 lbs and have about 190 to go. Feel free to add me to ur friends.