Introductions

Options

Replies

• fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this group. My name is Shannon and I've been married to my army husband for three years this coming March. He joined the Army six months after we got married and they changed his ship date from after our daughter was born to about a week after he signed initial papers. He's been gone on various assignments since then. We've seen one another 4 times in the last two and a half years. Our daughter doesn't even know who he is and she's just turned two.

He just finished a deployment to Afghanistan and is currently stationed in Germany until July. The kids (7 and 2) and I are here in the states in Iowa...still. I can't say that I'm happy with the Army, lol - because I'm not. We all miss him a lot.

When he was home on leave over Christmas, I hit 150lbs and that was it for me. I knew it was time to lose the weight. I'm 4'11 so every pound on looks twice as much as it would on someone taller. I signed up for MFP when I was 146 lbs, so it doesn't show that I've lost three pounds since I hit 150. I'm really glad I've found this site because no one seems to understand how hard it is to not have my soldier at home. They keep telling me that its no different than before he and I got married, but it is vastly different. There's a huge hole in our home that won't be filled until he comes home.

Sorry for all the info, which is probably too much. I'm just glad to have found a group who seems to understand how hard it is to have our guys gone.
  • orionling
    orionling Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My name is Christie. I'm 36, a mother of 4 (ages 8, 6, 3, 2), and have been married to my Marine for 11 years. We live in Jacksonville, NC. He just got home from his 4th deployment last week. I'm originally from Maryland.

Edited to add that I'm trying to lose a few pounds but mostly firm up the jiggly parts. I'm only 5' tall so every pound makes a HUGE difference on my frame.
  • MrsMcIntosh87
    Options
    Hello! :) I'm Christine. 24. I've moved six times in the past 20 months or so while my husband runs around training. So pretty much, for 20+ months, I've been sitting around doing nothing. For awhile I tried Zumba but I lost motivation when my friend (now instructor) lost a ton of weight and I lost zero in inches or weight after a few months. But that's okay! I'm starting anew. I was on SparkPeople (a site like this with a lot more to do and a lot more color) but I didn't know anyone. A few friends got on here so I followed. Husband is deploying next month so I'm moving back to our hometown. I'm just ready to start kicking butt so I can feel less heavy. I'm the heaviest I've ever been-somewhere around 178 pounds! Holy *kitten*! I need to be back in the 140s.
  • ArchangelaJ
    Options
    I was on SparkPeople (a site like this with a lot more to do and a lot more color) but I didn't know anyone.

Having tried SparkPeople, too, I have to say I prefer this one. It's got good information, ease of use & I don't feel it's trying to sell me something around every turn. Welcome to the group!
  • AWyatt88
    AWyatt88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Ashley and my husband is in the Army. We have a 4 year old son, and I am looking to lose weight so we can expand our family. We are currently stationed at Fort Stewart, GA but are looking to relocate to Fort Carson, CO in April. It is very difficult to make friends with everyone moving so much, so finding weight loss buddies is even harder. I am hoping to find some support, but I am also looking forward to being supportive to others. I tried other weight loss journals online but no one in the community was very active with me, so I stopped using them. I am hoping this one will be different. I am always looking for new and supportive friends!
  • Sabogirl01
    Options
    :drinker:Hello everyone! Hope it is ok to join your group. My husband is a tank commander we are in Petawawa Ontario. An Army wife is an army wife whatever country you are in eh? Nice to see this group!
  • kipper2316
    Options
    Hey! Im a Marine wife. We are in NC. Feel free to add me.
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! :D My name is Jennifer, I'm a 32 year old Marine wife, and we're currently stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC. My weight loss journey has been in progress now for 3 years, but I'm just finally getting started at losing weight. After the birth of my youngest child, I developed a thyroid disease which ended with me having a full thyroidectomy. Its taken 3 years to finally find the magic dose and combination of thyroid replacement medications for me to actually be able to lose weight. During this process I had gone from being really sick at 136 pounds, to 217 at my highest weight. Needless to say the disease has been devastating for someone who used to be fit, and active. Now that I'm able to lose weight again, I've been doing Wii Zumba religiously, Kettlebells, and body weight exercises, and I'm absolutely loving it! I found MFP a couple weeks ago, and I'm looking for a nice support group to help me.
  • megswindel
    megswindel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey. My name is Megan and I'm a 25 year old wife to a Naval Aviator (in training. Only a few more months to go). We're stationed at NAS Meridian, MS soon to be NAS Corpus Christi, TX followed by NAS Norfolk, VA, and that's just this year. I'm a marine engineer, so I work on ships. When I'm home I love to cook and I'm trying to lead a healthier life, but it's much harder when you work 8+ hours a day, have a crappy gym, live in a tiny room and don't get to make your own food. I used to play water polo, swam, and rowed crew in college, but have since been unable to find places to enjoy those activities in our new homes. I've also had some difficulty finding other types of exercise that I enjoy as well as the motivation to do the ones I know I need to do. I've tried Insanity (at hubby's insistence) and am currently attempting Couch 2 5K. I'm always looking for help and support. =)
  • Mrswiser
    Options
    Hi my name is Rebecca im 27 years old and wife to an army service memeber we are currently stationed at Ft Campbell, Ky. I have 2 children David who is 5 and our newest addition Chris who is 9 months. Before I was pregnant i weighed about 120lbs I gained 60lbs with my first pregnancy and 10lbs with my second leaving me at about 190lbs I am a very shy person and i lack self confidence/self-esteem after gaining so much weight. I am looking to loose about 30lbs for my first goal but a total of 50lbs all together I know I have a long road ahead of me but it will be for the best. I am looking forward to when I can finally walk out of my house and not be so ashamed of myself for becoming so lazy and overweight.
  • livinafitlife
    livinafitlife Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey guys if you look through here you will find my post somewhere. My name use to be lovingbutterflys. If you check this post out please add me back as a friend. Or if you didn't already have me as a friend the more the merrier!! Thanks all my military wives!! OORAH!
  • kelstad
    kelstad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I'm Kirsty and live in Harker Heights; just outside of Fort Hood Texas. I have hypothyroidism and was put in surgical menopause almost 4 years ago. Doctors warned me I'd have a bear of a time taking the weight off. Since my surgery I've taken off 39lbs! I recently became a certified yoga instructor and now teach at a local gym. I have back injuries and osteoarthritis but stay as active as possible. I have about 8 more pounds to reach my goal. Feel free to add me to your friend list; love all the support I can get. :)
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hello All I'm Teneyia USMC wife of 9 years new to the group. currently stationed in CO I'm down 52lbs you may have seen my other posts on the forum but I just found this group
  • LovShelly18
    Options
    Hello, My name is Michelle Smith and my husband is an lieutenant in the Army going though EOD training at Eglin AFB. I have been having a hard time losing the weight after I had my 4th child. I started my weight loss on Jan. 1, 2012 not as a new year's resolution but to be a better me in the new year. I started at 170lbs and I am now down to 158 last time I did a weigh in. I had to stop for 10 days while I was going though some health issues but now I am back on track. I'm so glad I was able to join this group.:wink:
  • LovShelly18
    Options
    9085616.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • emilyannabelle18
    Options
    Hi, my name is Emily and my husband is 1st Lieutenant in the National Guard. We just moved to Atlanta, GA from Chicago this past December. He is working with Atlanta PD, and will be going to Ranger School at Ft. Benning this coming fall. I'm trying to lose weight and change my habits as far as eating and exercise. When my husband was at IBOLC it made me realize what a fantastic support other army wives can be. I hope that we can encourage and sharpen each other on this journey.
  • aleachxo
    Options
    Hey Im Ali and I will be a Army National Guard wife this September! My husband to be works in Aviation and our home base is FT. Indiantown Gap in Annville, Pa. I am also a stay at home mom to our 10 month old son and I am really new to fitness pal and I am trying to drop my weight before our wedding<3
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Serena. Married to my retired Army soldier for over 16 years. He just recently retired. We live near Fort Gordon, GA. We have two kids (13 yr old girl and 10 yr old boy). I really gained most of my weight after I was medically discharged from the Army myself. I joined MFP almost 2 years ago. But I just recently made the serious decision to get healthy. So far things are giong well. I just now added some friends and joined a few groups for much needed accountability and encouragement.
    Well, I hope everyone is having a good week and has a wonderful weekend!!! Add me as a friend.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind if I join in on the group. :) I'm 29 years old (going to hit the big 3-0 this year :sad:) and am married to a Navy Chief. This year we will celebrate 5 years of marriage but have been together for 11 years and through 6 deployments with another one looming later this year. We've been lucky enough to stay stationed in San Diego, CA (where I'm from originally) the entire time. No kiddos for us yet, just two pups and a kitty.

I joined MFP way back in 2010 (can't believe it's been that long!) but never participated in the community section before. I slacked off for awhile but am getting back in gear and trying to eat healthier and get into better shape. Right now, my husband and I are both training for a 10k and then I'm going to start training for a half marathon once he leaves for deployment.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm not actually a wife yet, but my boyfriend/fiance is in the Marine Corps (we know we are going to get married, but there isn't a ring yet. lol) He is stationed at Camp Pendleton (he's deployed right now though) and I am in school here in Colorado. I want to lose weight to finally be happy with myself, to make his jaw drop when he gets home, and to look amazing in my wedding dress.. when it happens. :)