What does eveyone do for Breakfast?

Options
I normally start the day with a bowl of cereal, low fat milk and yogurt.
But I'm wondering what other people might have?

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked at the moment on Be Natural porridge, which I best like with soy milk.
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    At work, I usually have oats (with water), honey and cinnamon... Also like oats with some fruit (blueberries, peaches, anything really)... Or Special K and Rice Milk on weekends or some eggs of some sort and rye toast... nom nom.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am usually racing out the door so a sllice of toast and promite often does it.

On weekends I try and have a couple of weetbix or scrambled eggs with chilli.
  • desertpea
    desertpea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love my 'Protein 1st' Cereal but I toggle between that and a multi-grain muffin with (low fat) cottage cheese and smoked salmon. If I eat out - I usually have poached eggs on wholemeal plus tomato or spinach or mushrooms.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm a cereal guy too. I like the superfoods cereals too. I normally have the Protein 1st with a handful of nuts seeds and dried fruit, but I had the Heart 1st this morning for the first time and its pretty good too. I usually cycle this with 3 weetbix & half a banana. On the weekends I'll have the occasional pancake or bacon & eggs brekkie.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Usually two hard boiled eggs. I find if I have carbs for breakfast I eat more during the day.
  • pinky_b
    pinky_b Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bircher museli and fruit. It's gooey oaty-ness rocks my world and keeps me full till lunch. No snacking woop woop !
  • losethepuku
    Options
    I'm way out of the box here.. gluten and dairy intolerant!! Which makes normal breakfast foods nigh on impossible.. I can manage oats but never gotten into the taste of them unless it's the depths of winter.

So I chow down some brown rice salad and gluten free chicken sausages (the mini ones) - it's weird at first but having a solid base for my day has made it easier for me to lose weight.
  • mbriscoe79
    mbriscoe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I cant stand eating first thing in the morning so i have a slimshake instead. Its better than nothing.
  • xxoNikkioxx
    xxoNikkioxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sultana Bran. I know it's not the best option, but I love the stuff!
  • Omi_16
    Omi_16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg with two slices of wholemeal toast with a smear of avocado. Nom nom nom!!!
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Just Right Clusters and 5 grains, 1/2 cup Full Cream Milk and half a banana
  • SerenityNow76
    SerenityNow76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used to love cereal ie. Just Right or Special K, for breaky but have broken the habit since most are so high in sugar. Now I mostly alternate between 1/2 a cup of oats made into porridge topped with 1/2 a cup of blueberries and a splash of milk, baked beans on wholemeal toast, poached egg on toast or mighty mite on toast. Each of these choices keeps me full until lunch time.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Omelettes are nutritious and filling!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Weetbix with boiling water most days but when I cycle to work I have oats. Weekends may be scrambled eggs.
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weet Bix with a tsp of sugar and semi skim milk.
    I just love milk!

Though I think it's healthier to eat eggs for breakfast.

Where is the sugary milky goodness though!?
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    it really depends on what time i get up as to what i eat..

some days its a runny yolk fried egg on 12 grain toast (really need to start boiling them!), a slim shake of some sort or a glass of milk and milo if i get up really early or too late to have a normal brekkie.
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Weetbix with milk and blueberries, a banana and a glass of milk. Occasionally I'll do scrambled eggs.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Ham and cheese toastie. LOVE IT.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    when I break my fast it is with:
    oats
    cocoa
    cinnamon
    PB&co dark choc dreams