I started skyrim..

Options

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

If I remember correctly & assuming you're on PC, isn't F5 the quicksave? Sorry, not a console gamer, so I can't help out with those :-)

I'm on a PS3 .... would be nice to have a quicksave option on the consoles, though!

Ditto!
  • sharonruth7
    sharonruth7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Dying to go downstairs and play right now!! I am finishing the "Blood On Ice" quest in Windhelm right now. Then who knows what quest I shall take on!
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Fantastic game but so overwhelming Im afraid I'll never finish it. It's like I'm trying to get from point A to point B but stop and explore C in the middle. Then trying from C back to B, I end up in point E and so forth >_<

I hope they're not planning any expansions soon! Also I love playing on the PC, but I kinda feel cheap because I always end up crashing my horses and have to keep giving myself 5000 g LOL. And I gave myself unlimited inventory space too, not sure if people consider that cheap.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I don't care about horses. The last one I had got in my way when I was trying to kill a bandit so I accidentally set it on fire and it tried to kill me. The convenience of going a little faster does not make them worth the trouble or money.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I don't care about horses. The last one I had got in my way when I was trying to kill a bandit so I accidentally set it on fire and it tried to kill me. The convenience of going a little faster does not make them worth the trouble or money.

"The last one I had got in my way when I was trying to kill a bandit so I accidentally set it on fire and it tried to kill me." ..... I couldn't help but laugh at that!! :laugh:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I killed a dragon and ate his soul... how many calories do I log?
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I killed a dragon and ate his soul... how many calories do I log?

Dragon souls are negative calories. Go ahead and eat some horker stew.
  • ajbeans
    Options

"The last one I had got in my way when I was trying to kill a bandit so I accidentally set it on fire and it tried to kill me." ..... I couldn't help but laugh at that!! :laugh:

You have no idea how many times that kind of thing happens to me. I wish the people who are supposed to be on my side would stay out of my way. Or wear hot pink armor or something so I could see them clearly. I killed my housecarl a few days ago and had to restart the mission because I missed her.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

You have no idea how many times that kind of thing happens to me. I wish the people who are supposed to be on my side would stay out of my way. Or wear hot pink armor or something so I could see them clearly. I killed my housecarl a few days ago and had to restart the mission because I missed her.

I've offed Lydia so many times it's ridiculous. 100 in archery and sneak make for a potent combination when you shoot the wrong people (or for that matter the right people).

I am going to have to start offing my horses. I had the one that you get from the Dark Brotherhood quest but ever since doing the Imperial Army Civil War quests I've been riding around on some horse that I don't own (Army issue maybe?) and that one sucks, he always walks away. The Dark brotherhood one would solo dragons for me and let me keep their souls which was nice of him.
  • ajbeans
    Options

I've offed Lydia so many times it's ridiculous. 100 in archery and sneak make for a potent combination when you shoot the wrong people (or for that matter the right people).

I am going to have to start offing my horses. I had the one that you get from the Dark Brotherhood quest but ever since doing the Imperial Army Civil War quests I've been riding around on some horse that I don't own (Army issue maybe?) and that one sucks, he always walks away. The Dark brotherhood one would solo dragons for me and let me keep their souls which was nice of him.

I was doing a quest (can't remember what it was called) when I was helping this priest and going through some catacombs, and near the end of the mission he froze. Everything else was going, and I got all the way through the mission without him, and he's still just standing there casting fire at nothing. Since I had to "talk" to him to finish the mission, I was trying to get his attention, and nothing worked. So I punched him in the face, and he lit me on fire and started yelling at me, the jerk. At least he unfroze though. I had to go back to my last save. I didn't want to kill him.
  • blazergrad
    Options
    So has anyone else had a horse just drop out of the sky and hit the ground right in front of them? I was on the trail somewhere between Ivarstead and Riftin and out of no where a horse falls from the sky right in front of me ..... poor guy ..... he never had a chance.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    So has anyone else had a horse just drop out of the sky and hit the ground right in front of them? I was on the trail somewhere between Ivarstead and Riftin and out of no where a horse falls from the sky right in front of me ..... poor guy ..... he never had a chance.

HAHAHAHAHA That's awesome! I'm guessing he fell off the mountain?
  • blazergrad
    Options

HAHAHAHAHA That's awesome! I'm guessing he fell off the mountain?

That's the only thing I could think of. I've read before elsewhere that sometimes if a creature gets too close to a giant and the giant hits it with his club, it'll send it flying up into the air and it'll come crashing down somewhere .... but I'm not aware of any giants anywhere near where I was at, so who knows! Of course, I guess the giant could have hit a home run with the horse and didn't necessarily have to be close by. :tongue:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    If you go and try to melee a giant at level 1, you'll learn very quickly about the Giant's version of flight. It's kind of fun.
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I was finally able to put this damn game down for a while. 180 hours in and there is SO much more to do... but I felt bad neglecting my other games : /
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I rented Skyrim from the redbox to try out cause I had heard about how awesome it is. Well I got it around Thanksgiving and long story short Redbox is now missing a Skyrim LOL. I never returned it and now own it. So addicting!
  • littlegoat
    Options
    Accidentally finished the main quest, at about 55 hours in. Was progressing through the story nice and slowly, then all of a sudden thought "hey, why not get the Sovngarde bit out of the way like I've been meaning to do for the past week" so did my thing there.. then all of a sudden I'm defeating Alduin. Even then, lol, I was thinking "there's got to be more of the main story" after this, but.. nope. Nothing. Now I'm just kind of sad. Don't get me wrong, I know there's a ton more to do in the game, but it just feels a bit melancholy, like I've passed a milestone and can't get it back.

/end angsty skyrim post
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Awww, littlegoat. I'm sorry. I don't think that'll happen to me, because I'm lazy. The main story quests are usually the ones that take more effort, so I keep doing the little side quests instead. :laugh: I usually only get to play about an hour at a time, I want to accomplish something.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Today a dragon came to the College at Winterhold. I killed it. The game froze. My brain exploded.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    LOL yep. I've also learned the hard way to hit the F5 button every ten minutes or so...

What builds are yall doing? I'm doing Imperial sword n board with perks concentrated in 1H, Enchanting and Blacksmithing. The racial bonuses for Imperials are all over the place so I really didn't know what go for. I started with Sten as my buddy but then realized its stupid to have 2 melee. Sad I had to dump him, he was a really nice guy :( I picked up Mercurio and its been a great decision since he dishes out hot DPS. I don't like the way he yells at me when I open his inventory though :-/