I could never date someone who....

Options

Replies

• BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ...Is smaller/shorter than me in 3 inch heels (so...at least 6'2")

...doesn't floss

...is a stingy tipper

...loooooves cats! *shudder*

...Isn't motivated in always trying to better themselves, even if only in small ways.

...is submissive. I need a man, not a mouse!

...isn't physical

...is a vegan

...and all the other not being a douche/druggie/liar, etc.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    didn't live life to the fullest!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    1. Insecure
    2. Too jealous
    3. Body Odor
    4. Arrogant/Boastful/Too much pride on themselves
    5. Jobless who can't even afford for themselves (Sorry I've been with these guys before & I ended up like a sugar mommy to them :grumble: )
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Doesn't drink.

Sadly I agree with you! I'm on a dating website and if they say "never" under drinking I won't respond or email them. I'm not an alcoholic and I don't drink that much, but I feel like the guy would be all judgy if I wanted to drink and he never did. "See, this is why you shouldn't drink"
    I'd fear that's what I'd hear if I drink a little too much once and have a hangover!

I started speaking to someone that didnt drink. At the time I had a stomach problem and he kept on saying it was because I drank too much!! I told him I drink once a week or once a fortnight!! He then kept on and on about it, until I said that it would never work if that was his attitude to alcohol. I never met him. :noway:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    My priorities are set now:
    1) Get my daughter through college and into a career (She's a freshman)
    2) Be Healthy (working on that now)
    3) Be financially independent (2 years away)
    4) Have fun and be happy every day

Anyone who can't accept these and isn't driving the same way, probably isn't for me. So, I could never date someone who would make me settle for something less than I deserve.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    So, I couldnt date anyone that:

- doesnt drink, or drinks like a fish!
    - does hard drugs
    - obsessively religious
    - tight fisted
    - owns a dog! (therefore cant be spontaneous)
    - abusive
    - lacking in common courtesy and manners
    - lacking humour
    - emotionally retarded
    - unaffectionate
    - doesn't like kissing!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    who is more inlove with texting than talking to people in person. You know those people who will text the whole time at dinner and never put the phone up to look at you. Also, wont date anyone who is rude to servers, cashiers, and people who work in the public. I dont want to be around them cause the server might spit in our food.

If someone text throughout the date, I would leave! How rude!! :noway:
  • mzluv35
    mzluv35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. Is shorter than me
    2. Cheats
    3. Lies
    4. Has a low sex drive
    5. Smokes
    6. Abusive
    7. Has no ambition
    8. Has no sense of humor
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    ...wouldn't accept me and my children (pets included)
    ...smokes and drinks excessively
    ...has chronic halitosis
    ...lies
    ...does not care about his health/eating habits.
    ...has no sense of humor
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    who is more inlove with texting than talking to people in person. You know those people who will text the whole time at dinner and never put the phone up to look at you. Also, wont date anyone who is rude to servers, cashiers, and people who work in the public. I dont want to be around them cause the server might spit in our food.

Unless he's a doctor, police, lawyer or anyone who is always on-call, I definitely hate that no matter how good looking, intelligent, rich or macho that person is.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I could never date someone who......

likes Star Trek more than Star Wars.it's ok if you like both, I like both. but must like Star Wars more

likes Twlight

doesnt like video games. you don't have to be a gamer, just dont be the debbie downer, hates video games etc etc

smokes. no thanks

is a hardcore vegetarian. I don't mind it but don't push it on me. I like my steak

thinks comic-con/comic books stuff is stupid

likes NASCAR. I like sports. Soccer/Futbol being my favorite. NASCAR just doesn't do it for me.

doesn't like sci-fi shows/tv/movies

isn't physcially active.

is super religous. I believe there is a God. but I am not really into the church going thing.

is into drugs.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

likes Star Trek more than Star Wars.it's ok if you like both, I like both. but must like Star Wars more

:laugh: That's funny, although I am opposite, I appreciate the thought. :laugh:
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    After compiling a list, I think I may be single forever lol

-smokes (negotiable)
    -lies/cheats (I really hate liars)
    -can't or won't communicate
    -overly jealous/untrusting
    -unemployed/won't get a job
    -can't handle the fact that I've got male friends
    -can't handle that my kids will always come first
    -lives with his parents
    -overly negative
    -who likes to sleep every chance they get
    - arrogant
    -isn't family oriented
    -is either extremely messy or obsessively clean
    -lets mama make his every decision in life
    - can't hold an interesting conversation
    -is involved in illegal activity of any kind
    -doesn't have a good heart
    -has no sense of humor
    -someone who is a drama king
    -they talk about work constantly
    -has a hairy back
    -snores
    -bad hygiene
    -redneck (I can listen to some country but not all the time, I don’t like nascar and I’m not into hunting)
    -someone who’s obsessed with scifi
    -alcoholic (I drink but I don’t get drunk every single day of the week)
    -cannot control his temper.
    -Only wants a one night stand
    -doesn’t believe in God (I am not overly religious but I cannot date an atheist)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

:laugh: That's funny, although I am opposite, I appreciate the thought. :laugh:

it's more a joke than anything. but of the 2 I do like SW more. lol
  • whitetiger011680
    Options
    I think there are a few things on my list that are tolerable and really just pet peeves. Maybe I should edit it. :tongue:
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The thing is, are you REALLY not going to go out with a guy that passes everything on your list apart from snoring or something small like that? You really will end up single if you're that picky haha. (especially when you could get them to sleep slightly differently so they don't snore at all!)
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I think one has to decide which things are essential and which merely desirable. I'm severely allergic to cigarette smoke, so a smoker is definitely out. I couldn't respect someone who doesn't use his brain and isn't interested in doing so, and I couldn't trust someone who doesn't behave honourably. I'd love it if the chap in question could (and would) dance, enjoyed cooking with me, and wasn't too much of a neat-freak, but these are all negotiables, and have solutions anyway - dance with a friend, treat cooking time as 'me' time, and get a cleaner!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    1. doesn't like kids/ dogs
    2. doesn't get along well with my family or atleast tries to
    3. doesn't make me feel special
    4. doesn't like to go out and socialize (not every wkend but once in a while its nice to get out).
    5. doesn't like to stay in (ok sometimes i like to be a bum and watch movies for hours)
  • nicolebunny55
    Options
    Doesn't believe in God # 1! and doesn't want kids
  • whitetiger011680
    Options
    The thing is, are you REALLY not going to go out with a guy that passes everything on your list apart from snoring or something small like that? You really will end up single if you're that picky haha. (especially when you could get them to sleep slightly differently so they don't snore at all!)

No, I probably would still go out with someone that hase those things on my list. :laugh: Several of those things are pet peeves, not really deal breakers. Some of those things are most definately deal breakers but I'm sure those stand out very obviously. :tongue: