Replies

• w3nch
    w3nch Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    *waves to all the new people to the group*

Hi! Good luck :smile:
  • m0sher_chick
    Options
    Checking in.. Zoe, 24 from West Auckland.
    Need to lose around 15kg still.. joined MFP a while ago, hopping back on the band wagon now :)

Keen to meet up with any others in West Auckland. I want to start swimming again this week at west wave once or twice a week after work :)
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi Zoe! Have you tried the TYR squad at West Wave? They are great!! BUT it is at 6am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't go any more (as I have 2 preschoolers) but they are awesome.
  • katiepie24
    katiepie24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate. I live in Auckland with my hubby and two kids. I have just found MFP and love it! Although am a bit obsessive about adding everything in and playing with all the functions. Looking at losing 6 kgs to get to my goal, and then maybe a couple more after that, or just maintain. I'll have to see how I feel.
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

Sooo happy to find an NZ group on here where we can talk about KG's and not lb's haha.
    Im Renee, I'm 23 and live in Wellington, I'm a working Mum, so find it a little hard to balance spending time with my lil man and finding time to exercise. But thanks to MFP I have learnt to eat healthier, and the forums have shown me how to fit in exercise at home and work, so it's been helping alot!
    I am 172cm and currently weigh 69kg. 18months ago I weighed 92kg, and over 6 months I lost a massive 27kg and got down to 65kg. (I slowly gained 12kg of that back). So my goal is basically to get back to the 65kg mark I was at a year ago. Only 4kg to go thanks to MFP!!

Feel free to add me as a friend so we can motivate eachother! All of my friends have slowly dropped off and stopped coming on here, so I find it hard to get motivated like I did before!

Hope everyone has an awesome week! Xx
  • celticmistnz
    Options
    :smile: Hi, I've just joined after being inspired too by my friend Ange. I recently moved to Hamilton and would be rapt to have anyone who would like to add me for support, inspiration, success .....
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I've also started swimming - I used to find it dead boring, but I bought an underwater MP3 player (pretty cheap - only $80!) and I listen to audio books while I do it. Before I know it, it's been an hour!

Oh my gosh, I have been praying for the day that someone invented one of these!! Where did you get it from? Xx
  • jenbee11
    jenbee11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Jenny, I live in Waiuku, just signed up to MFP and getting started today.
    Had lost about 10kg with a high protein diet and got down to about 61kg however have let that creep up and this morning weighed in at 67.1kg.
    Goal is to get back to 60kg also am wanting to increase my strength and I am currently using kettlebells to get there, and have one more day left to finish a challenge of 10,000 swings for January. then it will be on to something else
    Nice to meet some other Kiwis
  • jenbee11
    jenbee11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sorry just checking out on how to add the ticker
  • angelbob75
    angelbob75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in Rangiora too! And a teacher!
  • angelbob75
    Options
    Hey guys...Yay a special place for us kiwis!

I'm Pauline. I'm 37 and live in Rangiora (just out of Christchurch). I work full time as a primary school teacher and also have 3 daughters 11, 7 and 5. Hubby helps out a lot with the kids since we both work :-)

I found MFP a while ago and joined 1st September 2011. I've lost 7kg so far! Yay! **does a dance** My goals and info are below.

I love food....and up until now have hated exercise for some time... I think I am coming around as I get fitter! I'd love you to add me as a friend!

PS I have my ticker in lbs as it looks better with bigger numbers lost! lol!

My goals are:
    Start Weight:: 88.1kg (194.2 lb) 1st September 2011 HEIGHT IS :(5.3"/162cm)
    Current Weight:: 81.0kg (178.6lb) 10th November
    Goal 1: 80kg (176.4lb) by 15th November 2011
    Goal 2: 75kg (165.3lb) by 31st December 2011
    GOAL WEIGHT: 70kg (154.3lb) by 28th February 2012 (ticker is set for this)
    Then maybe I might try for 65kg (143.3lb) by 31st May 2012
  • angelbob75
    Options
    Hi I'm Kate, I live in Rangiora and am a teacher
  • SassyMrsSpencer
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm Becca, 29yr old, getting married this year, I'm a homemaker, I have a 7yr son, 8yr daughter, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a almost Hubby... I'm living in Rotorua. I've got a goal to lose 19kgs before August for my wedding, I've already lost 18kgs (since March last year)
  • w3nch
    w3nch Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm Becca, 29yr old, getting married this year, I'm a homemaker, I have a 7yr son, 8yr daughter, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a almost Hubby... I'm living in Rotorua. I've got a goal to lose 19kgs before August for my wedding, I've already lost 18kgs (since March last year)

That's awesome! Good luck :)
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Louise, I'm 26 and live in Upper Hutt, Wellington. Started here on MFP last month. My starting weight was 101.5 kg but I've got down to 99.4 so far. Goal weight of 70kg so a little ways to go yet.
  • catcufflings
    Options
    hi guys. just found this group. awesome

I'm a nursing student (finish in 4 months!)

been struggling with weight for a long time now.. i'm turning 30 this year and decided this is it.. enough is enough.. however i keep falling off the wagon! BADLY! i really really hope i can sort myself out this year and do it once and for all..

my goal is lose 35-40 kilos this year.. i might actually need to lose more!! that's nearly a whole person!! omg

feel free to add me. the more support the better.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great to find a Kiwi group on here. I'm Julia, live in the Nelson/Tasman area - is there anyone else in this area? It would be great to have someone to workout with :-) Been overweight since childhood and working on dropping 55kgs.
  • phjath
    phjath Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Is there anyone else in Nelson? I am 170cm, and started out at 79.5kg just before Christmas and I'm now 77. My goal is to be 70kg for my daughters wedding in Fiji at the end of July
  • RoosterNZ
    RoosterNZ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bill(Ex-Texan),live in South Auckland for almost 8 years, I've struggled with my weight most of my life. I am 6ft 1 even though I haven't always been tall - in high school I was the shortest around 4ft something, looks to me I'm the only bloke on here but I could be wrong, anyway looks forward to sharing and fighting along with the rest of New Zealand. I will be honest I am a complete fool when it comes to reading Calories and etc rather its lbs or kilos. Anyway GO New Zealand!!
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bill

The thing to remember is that calories are a measure of energy (in this case provided by food, or used during exercise), and pounds and kilograms are a measure of weight - two completely separate things.

You'll find most products here offer kilojoules (and sometimes calories too, but if only one it's kj) in the nutritional info. might be where you're getting confused? A rough conversion on the fly is 4kj = 1 calorie. more precisely it's 4.18.

There are a few other males on here if you look back through the thread.

Hope that helps. All the best for your journey.