Run/Walk Across America Challenge Week 4 [CLOSED GROUP]

Options

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I hate when my run app doesn't work! Had to go online to map out how far I ran today outside.

2.5 miles

Hopefully it's nice enough tomorrow to do it again!
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Your biased!!
    It was supposed to be! But then I realized that I was off a week on my training program and had to switch things around.

I started running to lose weight. I lost 40 pounds fairly quickly, and I'm comfortable with where it is now. I continued to run because I love it. I love collecting medals and t-shirts. Now it's just become a habit. I can't see myself NOT running.

You're amazing <3
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    1/31: 1.79 miles
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    I forgot to add, (yesterday)1/29: 2.8 miles. I hope it's not too late as we started a new week today!
    Nope, it is not too late. :)

Yay! Thanks!
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm at 22.75 miles.
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I hope to do as well this week, but yesterday and today I have been "under the weather", so not sure if I can get out today either. As many of you all know I am trying to go vegan. Well Saturday my hubby wanted to have Spanish food, and Sunday we were at friends for dinner and they made fried chicken. The cheese, meat and grease are killing me now, add this to my IBS, I just want to go to the hospital and have them cut my stomach open!

Why I run? As far back as I can remember I have always loved running. As I got older it was my escape, my vacation from life, my release from whatever was going on. Obviously I use it as my primary exercise to lose weight. Now as I have aged, I use it as my time to focus on where God wants me, where I am with Him. I talk, cry and have major discussions with Him.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    4 more today :)
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    1/31 3 miles
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    1/31 = 2.5 mile run, 1 mile walk
    2/1 = 4 mile run, 2 mile walk
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    1/31 - 3 miles
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    1/30-3.2 miles (walk.jog)
    2/1- 2.0 miles (walk/jog)
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I ran only 6 this week....knee is acting up.
    I got them and I hope your knee feels better soon!
    And maybe trying to attempt a half is crazy...but I am not getting any younger and if I wait to long it definitely won't happen.
    If it is, then I am most definitely crazy. But I think you could definitely do a half! You are so consistent with your runs and walks! If you feel like you don't want to run the whole thing, there is a training plan by Jeff Galloway that I heard is pretty great with walking/running intervals. I have a friend that did it and she loved it! She also finished faster that way than just straight running,
    I was really, really angry at the end of at long, murky, agonizing relationship with a jerk of a guy. Anger fueled the first 12-18mos.
    Wow. I can actually relate to this. The first time I started running for something other than an organized sport was for this exact reason. The relationship wasn't long, but it hurt me deeply and has had an effect on every relationship I've had since then.
    To defeat the food choices problem, I actually eat more the day before a run and it seems to help my body more than the day of. I struggle with eating ENOUGH when I do long runs because my stomach is upset afterwards.
    As crazy as it sounds, I normally look forward to my Sunday long runs
    I always dread mine because I never seem to have enough time and it pretty much kills the whole day cause I don't want to do anything afterwards.
    Your biased!!
    It was supposed to be! But then I realized that I was off a week on my training program and had to switch things around.

I started running to lose weight. I lost 40 pounds fairly quickly, and I'm comfortable with where it is now. I continued to run because I love it. I love collecting medals and t-shirts. Now it's just become a habit. I can't see myself NOT running.
    You're amazing <3
    Definitely agree, but it's true!
    The cheese, meat and grease are killing me now
    My stomach is finicky too. I can't have too many fats, even healthy ones or my stomach gets very upset.
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    1st: Wellsd1984: 124.1 miles. LC: Ozona, TX.

2nd: Christa_1983. 89.82 miles. LC: El Paso, TX.
    3rd: Mariawells. 87 miles. LC: El Paso, TX.

4th: Really_me. 74.99 miles. LC: Lordsburg, NM.
    5th: AliceIsRunning. 71.7. LC: Lordsburg, NM.
    6th: Jessie43082. 70.36 miles. LC: Lordsburg, NM.

7th: Anichols2288. 62.29 miles. LC: Tucson, AZ.
    8th: Thamre. 57.5 miles. LC: Tucson, AZ.
    9th: Kimertruns13_1. 57.4 miles. LC: Tucson, AZ.

10th: Smurfette75. 50.5 miles. LC: Phoenix, AZ.
    11th: Leslye125. 50.3 miles. LC: Phoenix, AZ.
    12th: Fierrox5. 45.25 miles. LC: Phoenix, AZ..
    13th: Cm1479. 42 miles. LC: Phoenix, AZ.
    14th: Nulife9727. 39.025 miles. LC: Phoenix, AZ.

15th: Jbessolo. 33.7 miles. LC: Blythe, CA.
    16th: Amanda_runs. 27.5 miles. LC: Blythe, CA.
    17th: Annasgyal. 26.4 miles. LC: Blythe, CA.
    18th: Nokey73. 26.3 miles. LC: Blythe, CA.

19th: Ishallnotwant. 23.9 miles. LC: Palm Springs, CA.
    20th: Chrissle. 23.3 miles. LC: Palm Springs, CA.
    21st: Rubyred1999. 20.53 miles. LC: Palm Springs, CA.
    22nd: Staceyb2003. 17.75 miles. Palm Springs, CA.
    23rd: Promethea79. 17.5 miles. LC: Palm Springs, CA.
    24th: Leomentlines. 14.3 miles. LC: Palm Springs, CA.

25th: KABlackwell. 10 miles. LC: Santa Monica, CA.
    26th: Mariababe81. 8 miles. LC: Santa Monica, CA.
    27th: Jkw61. 6.8 miles. LC: Santa Monica, CA.
    28th: Kat_renee. 4 miles. LC: Santa Monica, CA.

We had one person drop out because of injury in the last week - skfj5. :( Hope your foot heals quickly!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    3.25 miles today at lunch outside...another beautiful day!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    thank you Anichols for the vote of confidence. I am going to attempt it. I got many months to get my endurance up and I definitely need to go into not expecting a great time. I have a lot of preparing to do that is for sure :laugh:
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    2/1 - 5 miles
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    2/1: 2.19 miles

Yeah!! I made it to Blythe!!

I know I don't have amazing mileage, but I am having so much fun with this! :happy:
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    5 today!
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    2/1 = 1.85 miles
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    2/1 - 5 miles