Week 4!

Options

Replies

• Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing hlsc (phone app is 5K runner and it's yellow). I did day 1 yesterday..and it kicked my *kitten*. But..I refused to give up and survived..not sure about day 2 tomorrow but I'll give it a shot!
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! In comparing my iPhone app (Run 5K) it now differs from the cool running program. It used to be the same. I guess in one of the updates, they changed it a bit. Now I guess I have to decide whether to stay with what I've been using, or switch it up. I guess it doesn't really matter. They get to the same place eventually. :smile:
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just wanna say this...as a person who has started/restarted C25K due to horrible scheduling conflicts, and a person who has only done up to W1 D3, I admire those of you that can run 5 whole minutes at a time. That seems like a lot to me. Heck...I'm thanking God for the end of the 60 second runs!

Were any on you Week 4 folks unable to run for two minutes straight in the beginning? Is there really hope fo rme? It seems so....surreal...
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Did W4D1 yesterday and i was out of gas by the end of it, I thought 3 minutes was tough, when 6 came around I was like HTF am I going to do this, but I thank my music selection and some serious focus and before I knew it I had a minute 30 left. it was tough for me I'm not going to lie. I'm a little scared doing it again tomorrow but I WILL finish it!! Good luck to everyone else out there!!
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ****ersondiva - I'm absolutely amazed that I'm jogging for 5 minutes straight now. The 60 and 90 seconds were tough at the beginning, but you really do increase your stamina as you go on. Just keep at it. I thought about repeating W4, but I'll see how my first day on W5 goes tomorrow and then decide.
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I guess the program thought I was trying to write something vulgar instead of just posting someone's name :blushing:
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Completed W4:D1 yesterday and wow, that was a tough one! I managed to push through all the running intervals without stopping or slowing BUT only because I reduced my walking speed in between the last 3 runs for a little bit more of a recovery period. This seemed to help so I hope by walking slower I'll be able to stick to my running pace. Day 2 is tomorrow and I've already started to mentally prepare myself!!
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just wanna say this...as a person who has started/restarted C25K due to horrible scheduling conflicts, and a person who has only done up to W1 D3, I admire those of you that can run 5 whole minutes at a time. That seems like a lot to me. Heck...I'm thanking God for the end of the 60 second runs!

Were any on you Week 4 folks unable to run for two minutes straight in the beginning? Is there really hope fo rme? It seems so....surreal...

Absolutely! When I first started I thought I was going to die after each run. Just do the best you can. And if you don't make it all the way through, repeat that day. There is nothing that says you can't repeat a day if it's still challenging and that you have to finish the program in 9 weeks.

The program really does work. Just listen to your body and progress as feel ready. Time, and speed, in my case, will come. Good luck.
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I guess the program thought I was trying to write something vulgar instead of just posting someone's name :blushing:

HA! Go figure. :)
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, ****ersondiva (I'm sorry couldn't resist!) - when I started C25K last June I could barely get through to the end of the 1-minute runs! I ran 8 miles the other day - now that is surreal :glasses:
  • walterld
    Options
    I am not following any program. I just run as far as I can then walk ect. Lately I have been counting 60 steps jogging and 30 steps walking then 60 steps jogging ect. I can run ok down hill but on the level and up hill is hard and I find myself hyperventilating and having a panic attact because I loose my breath. I don't know what programs everyone is following but like let in so I could try it. I really want to be able to run by summer. I used to jog 5 miles a day about 10 years ago. Any help woild be appreciated.
  • flabulous4
    Options
    I am not following any program. I just run as far as I can then walk ect. Lately I have been counting 60 steps jogging and 30 steps walking then 60 steps jogging ect. I can run ok down hill but on the level and up hill is hard and I find myself hyperventilating and having a panic attact because I loose my breath. I don't know what programs everyone is following but like let in so I could try it. I really want to be able to run by summer. I used to jog 5 miles a day about 10 years ago. Any help woild be appreciated.

If you have a smartphone I used the Get Running app which follows the Couch to 5K program - basically it starts you off with walk-jog intervals, a minute at a time, and then gradually increases them until in 9 weeks you should be able to run for 30 minutes straight (although I must admit I took longer!). Have a look and see what you think.
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    just finished w4d1 and it was a challenge but i did it!
  • momoflanandlil
    Options
    DId w4d2 today and I want to shoot myself during those 5 minute runs - but I did them. Hoping week 5 goes smoothly - I too am nervous/anxious about w5d3....
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Hoping week 5 goes smoothly - I too am nervous/anxious about w5d3....

TBH I found W5D2 harder than W5D3 - I know this is hard to believe but don't worry!
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    did week 4 day 2 today OUTSIDE and it waaaay harder than the treadmill but i know it was because the hills and twists and turns. I know i need this to actually be able to run the 5k and march so i'm going to try and do one day of each week outside.
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm Starting Wk 4 Tomorrow Morning - should I be Scared LOL!
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just did Week 4 Day 1 - yay! I was really sceptical of my ability to do this one, it seemed like such a jump from the previous week, so I took it really slow and half way through I was feeling so good I knew I could do it. My legs were of course burning and were like jelly on the last 5 minute run - but now I have that good sore feeling I haven't had since week 1. I'll try to pick up my pace a tad when I do day 2, now I know I can do it.
  • bankstisha
    bankstisha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    did week 4 day 1 today. I will be doing week 4 day 1 again on Sunday! lol

I did fine with the 1st set and even did fine with the 2nd 3 minute run. But the 2nd 5 minute run.....woah. I felt fine the 1st minute but then all of sudden I started feeling really hot...then really really hot. Then I started wondering why I was feeling so hot and ended up messing up my breathing. Tried to concentrate on getting my breathing back in check and ended up making it worse. Why is it that when I think about breathing, I end up not being able to breathe? lol So then I started feeling like I was going to start hyperventilating. Ugh! Ended up going back to a walk after 3 minutes and 20 seconds and walked the rest of the time. Dang it! This is the 1st time since starting that I wasn't able to completely finish the session and it really makes me disgusted with myself. drrrr
  • flabulous4
    Options
    This is the 1st time since starting that I wasn't able to completely finish the session and it really makes me disgusted with myself. drrrr

Don't worry about it, I had quite a few sessions where I didn't *quite* get all the way to the end, and I've graduated now!
    If W4D2 is the same as W4D1, just go to W4D2 and you'll probably nail it now you've had a practice.
    Don't feel disgusted, you're doing way better than all the people on the couch!