You know you are a low-carber when....

Options

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    When you're out with a friend at a Mexican restaurant and you order the fajitas sans the tortillas and no rice or beans. She orders a huge chimichanga platter w/ rice and refried beans w/ extra tortilla chips.

Then she looks at me and says "ya know all the meat you're eating will kill you and aren't ya worried about having a heart attack." I told her there's more veges on my plate than meat. So she just gave me this disgusted look and said "yeah well I guess I'll be visting you in the hospital."

My response was "yeah well, opinions are like *kitten* everyone has one, but some holes just talk more than others!"

I just can't stand it when people think they know what's better for you than you do!!
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    when you make a pizza crust out of things non grain like eggs or cauliflower and rave about it to your pizza dough eating friends and they stare at you like a mad woman/man! haha
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    When you make pancakes from egg whites and protein powder!
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When you have 7 bags of non-wheat-flour flour-y looking products all stashed in your freezer, including "guar gum".
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    1. You order a hamburger without the bun.
    2. You ask the waitress to substitute vegetables in place of the rice or potatos.
    3. Your vegan wife thinks you are trying to kill yourself because you are eating meat -- despite that fact you have lost almost 60lbs and all the bio-markers were great on the last blood test.
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When you say "sorry I'm on a diet, can we go somewhere I can have bacon and eggs or a big meaty hamburger?"
  • ShilohMaier
    Options
    when...
    you laugh at the little message after you click "complete this entry" on your MFP food journal and it says- "If every day were like today..." and it tells you you'd gain weight, but the scale keeps going down!:laugh:

Is it wrong to feel sorry for the poor saps that are starving and eating rice-cakes and apples all day as I dig into my 8oz ribeye & broccoli smothered in butter?
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    ... you think a V8 vegetable juice is insanely sweet.

Mind, I still can't drink coffee without sweetener...
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    When you order a medium pizza all for yourself and scoop up all the toppings and put onto your little pizza plate in a giant gooey pile and dig in!

Then the waitress looks at the entire pizza dough crust empty and you are certain she is thinking you are crazy.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    ...when you go to subway, ask for the philly cheesesteak on a salad, and the lady looks at you like you have 3 heads. :laugh:

Really though, they have to charge me $2 extra to ditch the bread?! :huh:
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    ...when you go to subway, ask for the philly cheesesteak on a salad, and the lady looks at you like you have 3 heads. :laugh:

Really though, they have to charge me $2 extra to ditch the bread?! :huh:

Mmmm...that sounds good - I'll have to try that!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    when you go into a coffee shop and ask for no milk, and sugar free syrup....... and top it with whipped cream!!!
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    is anyone else bummed that Starbucks and all resturaunts and all hotels DON'T offer heavy cream?

half and half has way too many carbs!
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    You know your a low carber when you start slimming down feeling and looking great and never starving once. :)
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    when...
    you laugh at the little message after you click "complete this entry" on your MFP food journal and it says- "If every day were like today..." and it tells you you'd gain weight, but the scale keeps going down!:laugh:

Is it wrong to feel sorry for the poor saps that are starving and eating rice-cakes and apples all day as I dig into my 8oz ribeye & broccoli smothered in butter?

LMAO - This. Is. Awesome.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You are amazed at the sweetness of a carrot- yourson bites it and says - "it's just a carrot"
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    know carb count before calorie count....

look at the label and go to the carbs before anything else.....

This is me! Who cares how many calories it has if the carbs are too high?

Me too! Right there with ya!

...and me!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    can calculate net carbs faster than it takes to put the thing in your cart or back on the shelf!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    is anyone else bummed that Starbucks and all resturaunts and all hotels DON'T offer heavy cream?

half and half has way too many carbs!

OMG I can't even count the number of times that I want a coffee and when I ask about heavy cream they look at me like I'm some sort of psychopath. But of course they have non-fat milk, 1%, 2%, half and half, and soy milk....

Ummm, pretty much all of that is crap IMO and doesn't taste as good as rich creamy heavy whipping cream in a nice quality cup of coffee.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You know you are low carb when:

You're eating your steak and vegtable lunch while your co workers look on enviously while eating their rice cakes and other high carb fare. Of course when asked you just say you're cutting out junk otherwise you'll get "The Speech" about how that steak and veggies will kill you and/or make you fat (when you've lost more weight than the rest of them combined last year). :laugh: