Yay!

Options
124»

Replies

• natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I started L4 today - I like it a lot more than L3! It was hard, but fun, and went fast.
  • karencapen
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to the group and so glad I found you all. I have been doing these Jillian workouts for almost 2 years and just can't stop! I love them and how they make my body feel and look. I like to switch between ripped in 30, 30 day shred, and then some running too. I decided to start this program after having two kids (14 months apart) and needing to lose some serious weight. I worked hard almost everyday and ate right. I lost almost 40 pounds!

Life with 2 youngsters got hectic and I stopped for a while and gained some of (but not all) that weight back. Just wanting to feel better mentally and physically and these workouts do that for me. I love that they are no more than 30 minutes, but you work so hard during that time.

I am currently on L3 of RI30. Anyone else there too? It is kicking my butt, but it feels good! I am excited to finish this up and then move to 30DS again (even though I think it is easier!) :)

Keep up all the great work everyone! You can do it! It is all worth it in the long run!
  • karencapen
    Options
    L3 is soooo tough! I am ready for a change on L4 for sure! I will start it on Tuesday.
  • BeaSinn
    Options
    Hi everybody, I am new to the group. I started RI30 a while ago, but life got hectic and I just stopped. After the Holidays, I realized that I gained weight. I am determined to get those extra pounds back off. I started RI30 last week and it feels good to work out again. Reading all the stories from this group is helping me to stay focused, THANK YOU! Good luck to everybody. I love reading all the success stories.
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    L3 is soooo tough! I am ready for a change on L4 for sure! I will start it on Tuesday.

Hi Welcome!!!

I am starting L3 this week and will let you know how i like it. January was a tough month for me in that i only was working out 3-4 days a week. I want to get in as many days as i can this week and kick it up a notch. Are you at your goal weight?
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Wow January has been tough for me and it shows. I have mot been weighting myself, measuring or getting in at least 5 days, I am going to start setting weekly goals. I have a slow week for social events and work so i want to work out 5-6 days and lose a pound. I will weight myself this Sunday and get in my new measurements.

What is your goal for the week?

How have you all been doing?

Rip on everyone!
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So I officially finished ripped in 30. I'm not quite sure how I feel about my results, but it's a step in the right direction.

My starting weight was 186, I weighed in at 185.8.

Chest: 39.25" (from 40")
    Waist: 30.5" (from 32")
    Hips: 38 (stayed the same)
    Thighs: 26.25" (from 24"?)
    Arms: 12.5" (from 13")

So I don't really know if I really gained inches in my thighs or if I just measured wrong the first time. Kinda disheartening though if I did actually gain 2+ inches. Especially since that's the area I'm trying to thin out -- not get more muscley. Haha. Oh well.
  • natalie412
    Options
    Those are good results - you probably did measure wrong on your thighs- I think you would be noticing it in how your clothes fit, if they actually did gain that much! I found with 30DS that I had to take more measurements - like my belly area, not just my waist to truly see the results.
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Just finished my second day of L3 of RI30. It's hard but i think i am starting to like it. :) I have at least another week at this and then want to move on to something else. What do you guys plan to do? I am curious about the 6 pack abs most because it looks similar in timing and not just about abs. I like keeping my work outs to 30 minutes.
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Moving to D4 of L3 for RI30. I have had lost more inches but weight lost has slowed down. I think the workouts are helping although i think i need variety through out the week. I am hoping to finish RI30 next week and move on to 6 pack abs and her lower body workout. I still need help in those areas. :)

How is everyone else doing?
  • Akjenn89
    Options
    Moving to D4 of L3 for RI30. I have had lost more inches but weight lost has slowed down. I think the workouts are helping although i think i need variety through out the week. I am hoping to finish RI30 next week and move on to 6 pack abs and her lower body workout. I still need help in those areas. :)

How is everyone else doing?

Inches are more important than weight anyhow. :) Way to go on staying dedicated. =]

I'm doing pretty good -- finished but I'm alternating between her No More Trouble Zones dvd and her Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD. Would be better if I could just focus more on my nutrition though. 2 birthdays and superbowl this week -- totally wrecked my will power. :) Oh well, this week will be better.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Well DH finally decided it was time to start Ripped in 30 so I did level 1 day 1 with him yesterday - wow! Awesome workout, I could really feel it in my triceps which is great since that area definitely needs work! Now that I know what moves to expect hopefully I'll do better today. It's nice to see B up there working out, I've gotten used to her in Yoga Meltdown and Extreme Shed and Shred, nice to see a familiar face. LOL.
  • natalie412
    Options
    Final results RI30 (I only did 4 sessions of week 4, because I was ready to move on):

RI30 31-Dec 7-Feb
    Weight 153 / 147 (-6)
    Bust 37 / 35.5 ( -1.5)
    Under Bust 31.75/ 31 (-0.75)
    Waist 30.75/ 30 ( -0.75)
    Belly 35.5/ 34.25 ( -1.25)
    Hips 40.5/ 39.5 ( -1)
    Thigh 24 / 23 (-1)
    Bicep 11 / 10.25 (-0.75)

I am extremely pleased!!! (Except for the boob loss, of course - finally had to go bra shopping - boohoo!) I should have known they would be this good based on how big my clothes are getting on me!! I have been jog/walking 3 days a week with my C25K program as well. With these results, I must be crazy to be starting a non-Jillian program!! I am now doing Kettlebell Bombshell - each workout is in the 20 min range, and there are rest periods - so it almost seems easy, but boy am I sore the next day or three!!!! Since I am running, I wanted to do a more toning/muscle building non cardio workout, and Kettlebells are supposed to be extremely effective and they are really fun!
  • Akjenn89
    Options
    Awesome results! Way to go! :)
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Started C25K lats night. I really enjoyed it. I plan to do two more of RI30 L3 this week before moving on to L4.

Has everyone moved on to a different workout?
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm still plugging along on RI30. I did L3D5 today. I've been doing it 3 days a week for 2 weeks (alternating with running) so I'll finish up L3 this week and start level 4 next week.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I finish, but I still have 2 weeks to figure it out :smile:
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    I'm at D5 L3 also. I am going to do C25K tonight and then move on to L4 this weekend. Our group is shrinking. :( Need to start a new one. :)

I think my plan is to work on my abs and lower body over the next month. I really want to try the 6pack abs and the lower workout Jillian has. Trying to figure out how to fit in the cardio too. My weight loss is very slow now so worried that i'm not sure how to lose the next 10lbs.