Wonder products!

Options

Replies

• sarahevogt
    sarahevogt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you can find them, South Beach Diet recently came out with some new meal bars and snack bars, I have to say, I like them better than the Atkins bars (although I like both), and they are a little bigger than the Atkins bars so it tricks my mind into thinking I am really eating more.
  • Vegaschappy
    Options
    i'm sooooo surprised i haven't seen anyone (especially the paleo crowd) say anything about coconut flour!! the best thing i love to make is old fashioned bisquets and really good tortillas> Great cook book for those of you who love to cook and keep it low carb.. The Paleo Comfort Food Cook Book! amazing recipes!
    Quinois muffins are awesome too.. in moderation of course!..
    fried chicken anyone?? chicken breast or thigh dipped in egg whites and dipped in almond four with spices.. quick fry edges in coconut oil then put them in the oven till done..
    SOOOOOO GOOD!!!
    enjoy!~
  • captndalton
    captndalton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    REDuction AM/PM ... for people who are just starting a low carb diet, this might be a good supplement to ease in. For fat loss, I won't sing so loudly, but the appetite suppression from the red AM pills is terrific and the deep, restful sleep from the GABA in the black PM pills is very noticeable to me. The calmer you are, the easier it'll be for a new diet.
    I'd also throw my full support behind Josephs Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Square Lavashes are very tasty.
    And if you're into protein supplements, IsoPure is the best 0carb protein powder.
    Good stuff.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have tried the shirataki noodles and loved them. I however, have found since doing low carb, i am not even craving bread, crackers, pita etc. If i feel i need it, i just plan a cheat day and have the real thing- i did one order to low carb canada and got carbquick but haven't been crazy about my recipes with it thus far. (only pound cake). I also love spahgetti squash as a base under pasta sauce.
  • cstelter
    Options
    I like Mootopia chocolate milk. I just have a little as a treat but great low carb alternative.
  • ctrilk
    ctrilk Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't know if this link has ever been posted before, but I tried it last night and it was DELICIOUS.

Zero Net Carb Flax Meal Pizza Crust
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/zero-carb-flax-meal-pizza-crust.html

Ingredients:
    1 cup flax meal (ground flax seeds)
    1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
    2 eggs

I made a yummy pepperoni pizza... seriously, try it. :) It got nice and crisp and had that good "nutty" flavor.
  • ShilohMaier
    Options
    Breyer's Carb Smart ice cream & ice cream bars. Any of the flavors are good! They used to make Butter Pecan, but they don't anymore, which is a shame because it was the best ice cream I've ever had - regular or low-carb!!!!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this link has ever been posted before, but I tried it last night and it was DELICIOUS.

Ingredients:
    2 eggs

I made a yummy pepperoni pizza... seriously, try it. :) It got nice and crisp and had that good "nutty" flavor.

Ooh cant wait to try this!!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

Ingredients:
    2 eggs

Yummy, me too!!
  • grapefruitsushi
    grapefruitsushi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light is a sweet treat for me, and helps me get my recommended water intake! Also, someone said cream cheese, and true story: it's basically good on/in everything!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I think for nutrition Almond milk is amazing, but i just bought some to try the other day and I spat it out. UGH. If I can find some yummy coffee drink to make with it, MAYBE I will give it a shot... Someone give me some non-gross uses?

I know many people who use Almond Milk for making sugar-free puddings, use it for making their protein-breakfast smoothies... Im not a fan of the Almond milk, but LOVE LOVE LOVE - the Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk.. DAMNIT that tastes like candy to me! Makes a GREAT smoothie with frozen strawberries and French Vanilla Designer Whey protein powder!

I LOVE almond milk, I drink it all the time!
    Be careful about soy milk, as soy is a phytoestrogen and messes up your hormones levels.
  • Darkladyv
    Darkladyv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I couldn't help but notice that you are from the UK also. I have really been struggling to find any sellers etc of low carb foods etc. Do you have any you could suggest to me? :)
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I couldn't help but notice that you are from the UK also. I have really been struggling to find any sellers etc of low carb foods etc. Do you have any you could suggest to me? :)
    hi
    i am from uk as well, so difficult to get the variety, ordered shirataki noodles from amazon, they were okay not too expensive.
    My asda order was delivered and had a on line feed back form and i did write some low carb ideas down, if everyone in the uk could write to customer services, they are owned by wall mart.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

hey- I get my shiritaki noodles from my local asian supermarket, they are packaged in water and kept in the fridge. They are also known as Konjac noodles, yam noodles or konnyaku- so look out for these names too.

Holland and Barrett sell ground flax seed (also known as linseed in the UK) for your MIM's. They also sell soy flour, coconut flour, ground almonds and xylitol sweetner.

Asda, Tesco & Morrisons- now all sell truvia & stevia (Natural low carb sweetner) as well as granulated splenda and their own brands of low cal/low carb sweetner. they also sell sugar free cocoa powder for baking.

In terms of low carb wraps, breads, baking mixes you need to go online:

http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/
  • slo02ee
    slo02ee Posts: 29
    Options
    YAY low carbers! Im not alone.. lol

My list of must haves:
    Mio (makes drinking water sooo easy and I can add just a tiny bit)
    Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Truffle Bar (low in carbs, comparable to the dark lindt chocolate but it tastes SO GOOD)
    Trader Joe's Avocado's Number Gucamole (2 carbs, 2 fiber per serving and it's DELICIOUS)
    Almond Breeze Almond/Coconut Unsweetened Original milk blend (tastes so coconutty and 1 carb 1 fiber per serving)
    Low carb tortillas (I like josephs, santa fe, and tortilla factory) to make breakfast burritos in the AM
    Blender bottle! when craving something sweet, I make a protein shake
    Trader Joe's Applewood Smoked bacon

that's all I got for now :)
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    Seems like everything I want from lowcarb megastore contains gluten :cry: . Not good. I want low carb AND gluten free, not either or. I've been eating alot of gluten free bready stuff lately like toasted teacakes, but it's keeping me at a plateau weight-loss-wise. I want to lose another ten lbs but I want some "bulk" in my diet sometimes too and it seems the two are incompatible. If I eat the gluten-ny stuff I blow up like a balloon, feel achey and exhausted and retain water by the gallon, not to mention the tummy issues. maybe I need to go Atkins induction for a couple of weeks then get back to my G-F treats once I've lost the weight. I guess I'm bored and I want to eat what I want to eat and I know I can't really do that. I'm frustrated with my metabolism and digestion issues as they really limit me. I do plenty of exercise and should be really thin and toned but my body just doesn't react to food normally. Fed up with it. Can you tell I'm a bit prementstrual too?!
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Trader Joe's Avocado's Number Gucamole (2 carbs, 2 fiber per serving and it's DELICIOUS)

Any other nerds like me laughing at that name? ;)
  • jasoe
    jasoe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I honestly love the Atkins shakes! I will use only a half of one, mix it w/almond milk for a lower calorie "shake."

I like to mix the Chocolate one w/coffee in the afternoon for an iced mocha coffee. Yum!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Ingredients:
    2 eggs

Yummy, me too!!

Me three! Thank you! x
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I love using Almond Meal (Ground almonds) for baking! I love cheesecakes and experimented with making the crust by mixing 1/2 cup Almond meal, 1/2 cup dessicated Coconut, one egg white and a bit of substitute sugar (I use canderel). It works for me! My cheesecakes is usually 3g carbs in total which is awesome. I know you can use the flax seed and almond meal for crust but I don't like it too much. I have a slight obsession with coconut related food lately too lol. I like to be prepared for moments of sweet cravings when my tom hits me >_<