Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    WOOT fabulous - it works! :bigsmile:

For those not used to using spreadsheets, you first need to click on Feb 2012 at the bottom.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    By the way, my end of February goal is my target weight of 119lb, which is actually slightly higher than my current weight - this is because I'm spending most of February with my partner in Canada. We've just had Christmas #2, and we're eating out a lot. :smile:
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

For those not used to using spreadsheets, you first need to click on Feb 2012 at the bottom.

Thank you! I was a tid bit confused till I read your post! lol
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

Dang it, I knew I was forgetting something in the explanation! Thanks, girl!
  • bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Awesome great job Bron! appreciate your work on this, will be using for my log in on Monday.
  • bobs_god
    Options
    Hey all start of another week, hope last week was good for everyone.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Happy Monday, Gryffindors! Don't forget to use the spreadsheet link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc? key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFBBNFlUUjFPOUFmUjJRZ0R0RS04MEE) and enter your numbers there!

Here's this week's challenges to remind you, too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/february-gryffindor-owls-newts-201348

WEEK 3: (Starting after check-in between 2/10-2/13 and ending with check-in between 2/17-2/20)

OWL (exercise): Living Room Workout! http://fitbie.msn.com/fit-life/?videoId=61b382a7-4f0f-4f1b-9447-06da610a9a7c
    I would set a goal of how many days you do the set of exercises or how many sets of the exercises you can do each day. Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 OWLs, you earn 3 OWLs for reaching half way to your goal, and 1 OWL for trying but not reaching half way.

NEWT (food): Plan meals ahead of time! Either the night before, first thing in the morning, or several days ahead of time, log all of your food for the day beforehand. Make any necessary adjustments before you close your diary for the day. 5 NEWTs for every day you have food logged ahead of time. 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs). Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.

***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!

I'm down quite a bit this week, but I suspect it's a good deal of water weight from eating badly the last few weeks. Still, it's a start!

Don't forget, I'd still love to hear about your week if you'd like to share. Keep SPEWing! ;)
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting the spreadsheet together, Bron!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say hi to all my fellow Gryffindors! In a minute I'll be giving the spreadsheet a try for the first time down a pound this week!

I like the living room workout for the OWLS, it's perfect for commercial breaks!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    hope the beginning of everyones week is going great! just used the spreadsheet (hope i did it right lol)

good luck this week everyone!!!! love you all!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Checked in on the spreadsheet. Up 1.5lbs, but I think that's because I ate late the night before. I've been a slacker Gryff with Newts and Owls. I'll definitely do Owls this week, but I already know I won't do the Newts.

I think sitting on my couch studying is making my sciatica act up. I ran today and it feels like a little flare up. I'm hoping it will be okay tomorrow.

Officially started the Spike diet today. Hoping in a couple of weeks I'll see that scale move downward!
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Happy Monday, Gryffindors! Don't forget to use the spreadsheet link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc? key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFBBNFlUUjFPOUFmUjJRZ0R0RS04MEE) and enter your numbers there!
    That one didn't work, somehow a space got inserted after the ?, but the one you'd posted previously worked just fine, this is it below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFBBNFlUUjFPOUFmUjJRZ0R0RS04MEE :smile:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    That one didn't work, somehow a space got inserted after the ?, but the one you'd posted previously worked just fine, this is it below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFBBNFlUUjFPOUFmUjJRZ0R0RS04MEE :smile:

Man, when I do it from my phone it likes to throw spaces in there! Annoying! Thanks for catching that. :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Checked in on the spreadsheet. Up 1.5lbs, but I think that's because I ate late the night before. I've been a slacker Gryff with Newts and Owls. I'll definitely do Owls this week, but I already know I won't do the Newts.

I think sitting on my couch studying is making my sciatica act up. I ran today and it feels like a little flare up. I'm hoping it will be okay tomorrow.

Officially started the Spike diet today. Hoping in a couple of weeks I'll see that scale move downward!

Sitting for a long time makes my neck act up, so that makes sense. Maybe you need to get up and stretch more often? I try to remember, but sometimes I get so engrossed in things I forget. Then I'm SO sore when I finally do get up!

What's the Spike diet? I've never heard of it.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Sitting for a long time makes my neck act up, so that makes sense. Maybe you need to get up and stretch more often? I try to remember, but sometimes I get so engrossed in things I forget. Then I'm SO sore when I finally do get up!

I think stretching might help some, but it's the nature of sitting on a couch, not having good support.

The Spike Diet is the idea that you maintain the same deficit at the end of the week that you would eating the same calories everyday, but you do it in a different way. Three days a week you eat at your BMR, three days you eat around 500 below your BMR (as long as you don't go below 1200 as a woman), and one day a week you eat twice your BMR. You can play with the numbers a bit, but it's basically like zigzagging, but it's important to have that huge Spike day to increase leptin levels which *supposedly* helps with weight loss, if the level are too low weight loss stalls. Basically follows the premise that a lot of people on the boards talk about - when you've been eating a deficit for a while your loss can start to stall and some people will do something like eat at maintenance for a week then go back to a deficit. I've been at a plateau for such a long time that I need to try something different and many people seem to have had success using it. I bought the book because I kept reading about it on the boards and I was interested but didn't just want to go off of what people said, I wanted to actually read it. The author is a member here. They have a group, called Spike 84. I dunno, feel a little weird eating so little three days a week, but I'm going to try it to see if it works.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

I think stretching might help some, but it's the nature of sitting on a couch, not having good support.

The Spike Diet is the idea that you maintain the same deficit at the end of the week that you would eating the same calories everyday, but you do it in a different way. Three days a week you eat at your BMR, three days you eat around 500 below your BMR (as long as you don't go below 1200 as a woman), and one day a week you eat twice your BMR. You can play with the numbers a bit, but it's basically like zigzagging, but it's important to have that huge Spike day to increase leptin levels which *supposedly* helps with weight loss, if the level are too low weight loss stalls. Basically follows the premise that a lot of people on the boards talk about - when you've been eating a deficit for a while your loss can start to stall and some people will do something like eat at maintenance for a week then go back to a deficit. I've been at a plateau for such a long time that I need to try something different and many people seem to have had success using it. I bought the book because I kept reading about it on the boards and I was interested but didn't just want to go off of what people said, I wanted to actually read it. The author is a member here. They have a group, called Spike 84. I dunno, feel a little weird eating so little three days a week, but I'm going to try it to see if it works.

Oh, I see! That sounds like a smart way to go about it. I definitely think it's worth a try!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    HAPPY LOVIE DAY everyone!!! hope no one went too crazy with the chocolate! none for me!!!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    HAPPY LOVIE DAY everyone!!! hope no one went too crazy with the chocolate! none for me!!!

I did in fact go crazy but I still stayed under so it's all good. It's funny I made it through Thanksgiving, Christmas and my birthday just fine but Valentine's day makes me go crazy.
  • bobs_god
    Options
    vday was good had some treats but within calorie count, worked out hard today so treated myself to my fav mexican place tonight was awesome!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    For V-day I let my creativity loose in the kitchen and came up with some super yummy chocolate cupcakes with a marshmellow glaze. I made some with a cherry filling and some with a strawberry filling, both of which have 99 calories a piece. I also made some with a chocolate pudding filling that have 100 calories a piece. Pure heaven with out all of the guilt!