Mass Effect 3

Options
Played the demo on the PS3 last night. I'm jazzed! It looks great, plays very well, and should wrap up the already very deep and involved storyline of Shepherd and the Normandy crew. Pre-ordered my CE on Amazon. I'm ready. :bigsmile:

Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I MUST play this!
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am about halfway through my nth play of the original. I am avoiding as much info as I can on what is undoubtedly going to be another funtastitc Bioware experience. :smile:
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    I didn't play the single player mode because i don't want the demo to ruin anything for me when i actually play the full game. Seeing that multiplayer is now available to the rest of us that didn't get BF3, that's what i'll prob play until the game comes out.

If i can pull myself away from SWTOR that is.. Why oh why did i acquire this game SOO close to ME3's release?
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    I didn't play the single player mode because i don't want the demo to ruin anything for me when i actually play the full game. Seeing that multiplayer is now available to the rest of us that didn't get BF3, that's what i'll prob play until the game comes out.
    Yeah, there were a couple of minor spoilers in the single player demo. I haven't tried the multi-player yet; MP has never been my forte in console games, which is ironic, since I'm a huge MMO addict.
    If i can pull myself away from SWTOR that is.. Why oh why did i acquire this game SOO close to ME3's release?
    Level 44 Sith Inquisitor (Sorc Healer build) here. Plus a bunch of alts, all high teens/low 20's. I feel your pain. :smokin:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The demo was awesome, multiplayer tonight for sure! I can't wait, I am going to try and complete the 2nd one again another couple times before release to have some different choices that will affect the third one
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    I know how that goes. At the first of the year i decided i was going to play the first one, then import and play the second one all over again to get my saves in order ( i lost all of my saves during a new console switchover ).

First playthrough done. Renegade, embodies Ruthless to a T.
    Second playthrough in progress (ME2 currently). Paragon, but i make the decisions as if " I " was actually making them. This has burned me a few times, but that's what makes it great.

I would like to have 2 other imports, but i can't bring myself to play through the first game again....regardless of how much i love it. ME3 is too close. Thank god for Mass Effect: Genesis, even if it doesn't incorporate ALL of your decisions...
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    Yeah my main character has the save from ME1 but my others are genesis decissions, I'm just happy I can have Wrex alive without playing the first one again now that genesis came out lol
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I went nuts when I played he demo. When I had finished single-player, my knuckles were white with a karate-death-grip on the controller, lol!
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Am I the only one who was less than thrilled with this demo?
    Don't get me wrong, I am so excited for this game and I did enjoy the demo as a whole, but I just feel like they may have spent a bit too much time making this game accessible to those who haven't played the first two or for people who are more casual players.

*Ashley got plastic surgery and became a bimbo (did we forget who she was in the first two games, Bioware?)

*The graphics suck - I know they were using the same engine, and that's fine, but when you don't need to work with the complications of a new engine I would expect more time to be spent perfecting the models you've been working with for years (anyone notice the same space settler outfit in the cutscene that is supposed to take place on earth, or how about the exact same Normandy SR2 sink on one of the multi-player maps?)

*The choice of dialog doesn't seem typical of the characters. I feel like Anderson being all like "God help us all" and things like that just isn't how the characters would react.

*They talked up Shepard's "new abilities" to jump gaps or jump off a ledge, but all your doing is pushing the same button your were already pushing - A to sprint and jump over the gap or forward to walk forward and climb a latter or drop off an edge.

*The ability to take cover mixed with the "dodging" is terrible! I was constantly rolling instead of taking cover, or I was being positioned awkwardly and exposed to the enemies when I was trying to move around in cover.

*I hate the new way to distribute points! And I'm pretty sure for Shepard you can redo your distribution after you've already put them in - what's the point of having it then? At least make me have to buy the ability to do this like ME2.
    And weight capacity? Really? It was strange enough to imput ammo into the second game. Don't fix what's not broken guys.

Maybe I'm being a bit picky, but if I can notice this stuff just in the demo I'm a bit concerned. This was the general opinion of my friends as well, so I don't think I'm going crazy :indifferent:

I could probably jump on more stuff but I'm sounding like I hated it already, which I didn't.

With all my hesitation on the multiplayer I was surprised to say that I had a blast. I've been playing it non-stop for the past few days. I've gone through the single player a few times as well. The story is going to be so great and I can hardley wait for the release.

TLDR: For me the single player was disappointing and multiplayer was surprisingly fun. Let's hope the campaign remains the true highlight of the series when it releases.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    I was not interested in multiplayer at all...then I tried it and I am now hooked! OMG I love it haha

As for single player, I didn't realize it was ashley at first but she looks better now imo. I don't think you can judge it on the short demo, Ash didn't say much. I found it played easier but I did have some problems with cover and rolls. I think it will be epic, I can't wait to have Legion, Wrex and Shepard together!

I did find it strange that there was an option to have no dialog decissions as the first option!
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I did Talia, felt like the best love story, but we didn't get to see her face!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    I did Tali, Jack and Miranda lol
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    I did Tali, Jack and Miranda lol

Lol yeah i saved it right before the final decision and got everyone done :bigsmile: , but i'll keep my Tali profile for MW3
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    I liked how you just get to randomly do jack, I wasn't even on the second disk and jack is all "lets bone down!"
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Mmm, Garrus. <3
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Mmm, Garrus. <3

I will never understand why I have such a fetish for Garrus lol
    I picked Thane though...dat voice man
    Kaiden in ME1
    And male Shep is a stud on his own so that works too :tongue:
  • MissJenova
    Options
    On that note, I'm disappointed to see that this thread derailed into love interests haha

On to ME3!!
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    Mmm, Garrus. <3

Mmm Garrus indeed! <3
  • azuria518
    azuria518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I finally played the demo too. I'm so in love. I need this game now. Replaying 2 because I feel bad that I cheated... ;-)
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm replaying 1 & 2, getting ready for 3. I haven't played the demo (I don't want to spoil it), but I'm so excited!!